Elite 18 for picks 4/10

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Rockinz, Apr 24, 2022.

1. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I think you guys are right

Douglas gets the BPA at 4 Eckwonu...ESPN has him graded a 92 and in third spot overall best in draft...and he won't bust out like Becton

Hopefully there's an Edge waiting for us at 10

Maybe the GM somehow gets us back into round 1 for a WR? I dunno how this plays out

2. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Less than two days to go. The suspense is mounting. What if the draft goes Hutch, Icky, Walker?are we going KT, Sauce, Cross? Trade down?

NYJetsO12 and Noam like this.
  3. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I can’t tell if I want it to go this way because I think Ickey is the absolute wrong pick or if I don’t want it to go this way because I think we’d pass on KT for Johnson.

Red Menace likes this.
  4. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I liked Burks all along. He can play that position like Deebo cause he has skill running after the catch. The Jets shouldn't trade for Deebo just draft Burks.

Rockinz likes this.
  5. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Good point. See, my gut says Icky, Hutch, Walker and Sauce are at the top of the list for JD at 4. KT not so much. I’m wondering if JJ is at play at 4, I wouldn’t think so. Probably the pick at ten if not a WR. The wild card in this whole thing is how JD and RS see KT. All indications are he will be there waiting at 4.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  6. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I also think the WR are being overvalued and the RB are being undervalued this year.

The RB group is very deep and talented this year, lots of these guys are going to have excellent careers in the NFL.

ColoradoContrails and Rockinz like this.
  7. Red Menace

WR that are drafted in the second round are usually developmental and are expected to be productive in year 2 or 3 of their careers.

You really think Burks is not going to produce until his second or third year in the NFL?

8. Red Menace

Johnson is a good football player but KT is just as good, I don’t understand the hate for this guy, his rip move is excellent, he has a great first step, incredibly agile, bends well after getting around tackles, KT has produced consistently.

If he falls to Jets we should be stoked!

PJ4Ever and Noam like this.
  9. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

I think your right. Also the need for RBs is there on multiple teams.

Red Menace likes this.
  10. Rockinz

Completely agree with you boozer. I think he’s be a perfect fit and Jet fans will love his abilities and his playmaking attributes

boozer32 and Red Menace like this.
  11. Red Menace

I have not heard of anyone mention Kenneth Walker, he transferred from Wake Forrest to Michigan State and put up great numbers.

Ran a 4.38 and I have heard no one mention his name.

I’m not saying Jets should draft him but it’s an example of the quality of depth there is with RB.

#71 Red Menace, Apr 27, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2022
  12. Rockinz

Yup, I was just talking about walker to a buddy of mine yesterday. I think he’s a 3rd round sleeper pick for a team like Atlanta or Houston. He is good in open space and can break tackles. His only question mark is catching the football.

Red Menace likes this.
  13. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Walker was on Connor Hughes Jets short list for round 2 consideration.

14. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

I’m not convinced he’ll produce at all

15. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I just don't think he's that good. his film is lacking, his combine didn't help him at all as he's really low on RAS. he's just big but outside of that doesn't offer much

PJ4Ever likes this.
  16. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Similar to Ruggs in 2020, he’s that too prospect I just don’t “get.” For others, it’s London. We’ll see!

17. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

everyone agreed ruggs was overdrafted and at least he had elite speed.

18. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Let's say Ickey is the pick at 4. It'll be interesting how they address Edge and WR.

If JJ is there at 10, I think he's the pick and then they at latest wait until 35 for a WR, but think a trade up for someone like Burks or Dotson would make the mot sense.

If it's Ickey at 4 and neither JJ nor Kayvon is there at 10, it should be a fantastic spot for a WR. I think they can still get a very high quality Edge at 35 (at least one of Karlaftis, Ebekitie, Mafe or Ojabo should be there).

Personally, if it's Ickey at 4, I like option two better just because I think the value at Edge will be stronger at 35 than WR will. Would not be upset at all with JJ or Kayvon at 10, but not sure either would definitely be there and there should be a top WR available. Then I think you need to move up to secure a top WR who slips.

KY Jets Fan, Noam and NYJetsO12 like this.
  19. deviljets7

deviljets7 Well-Known Member

If Ickey is pick 4, I'm guessing the plans at 10 are as follows

Plan A: Jermaine Johnson (I get the feeling they don't want Kayvon period, but at 10 who knows)
    Plan B: Trade Down
    Plan C: Wide Receiver

There's also been enough rumblings about Ojabo, that I'd guess he becomes a Jet either at 35 or in a trade up.

KY Jets Fan, Noam and NYJetsO12 like this.
  20. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I might be dead wrong, but at this point, reading the tea leaves, the Jets at 4 have a big dilemma on their hands if they don't like KT that high. Ickey will be gone before 4, as will be Hutch and may be even Walker. So the pick will be Edge if they like KT, but that is a big if, or a surprise move down or going CB. I feel JJ is too big a stretch at 4, and I don't think they have any WR rated high enough to use the first pick. I suspect their short list for the first pick unfortunately gets trumped by Houston, Detroit and Jax. Its going to be an exciting first round, full of surprises, no doubt.

KY Jets Fan and Noam like this.