Elite 18 for picks 4/10

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Rockinz, Apr 24, 2022.

1. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Connor Hughes posted who he thinks the 10 players the Jets will consider in round 1 and then players they are considering for round 2.

For round 1 has:
    1. Icky
    2. Neal
    3. Penning
    4. Thibs
    5. JJ
    6. Wilson
    7. London
    8. Williamson
    9. Sauce
    10. Hamilton

He has the following players listed as 2nd round considerations:

Linderbaum, Cine. T. Jones, logan Hall, Brisker, ojabo, Muma, Raimann, Elam and Kenneth Walker.

https://theathletic.com/3264314/2022/04/25/jets-nfl-draft-big-board/?source=emp_shared_article

The lack of WRs in the round 2 list might say something as well as only 1 edge in the round 2 list.

#21 Noam, Apr 25, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2022
  2. deviljets7

deviljets7 Well-Known Member

I was going to say the same thing about the lack of WRs as well.

The fact that one edge on there for round 2 was Ojabo, makes me think that's a pure value play and possibly the only edge that would make the Jets consider doubling up. Let it be noted that the way the Lawson and JFM contracts were structured the 2023 dead money would be only 333K on Lawson and $1.2 million on JFM if either was cut next March.

3. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

I hate seeing Penning on that list. I can talk myself into anyone else on that list at 4 or 10 except for him.

4. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

The CS spent a lot of time with Penning at the senior bowl and allegedly loved his nastiness. I would have to think most of that list is at 10 or later list. 4 likely only means Thibs or Icky. Interesting that Walker is not on the list.

On the chance that Icky and Thibs are both gone at 4 who is next from CH's list? Pretty amazing we are 3 days away and this draft is still so unsettled.

#24 Noam, Apr 25, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2022
  5. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

I'd say JJ or Sauce would be the pick at 4 in that scenario.

Noam likes this.
  6. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

From that list I was thinking JJ, Sauce or Neal. Either way, it would be a very bad scenario. I would hope that we could trade back if that happens.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  7. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

The trouble is, who wants to trade up to 4? There are no franchise Q/B's this year and I can't see anyone trading up for a non Q/B.

I think a trade down is more likely at 10, especially if the main Q/B's are all still on the board - that would be a nice scenario and we could get a nice haul there.

8. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Sadly I agree. The top 20 in this draft is really weak. Connor Hughes reports a Jets source told him they had Elijah Moore graded higher last year than WR in this years draft.

But, what is interesting is the depth. While people might say the value of the 10th pick this year might be a 2nd round player the draft has a ton of depth from players staying an extra year because of Covid. I have read that a 5th rounder this year is equivalent to a normal years 2nd or 3rd.

9. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

That is Ozzie Newsome's theory he wants guys that love football. If a guy's heart isn't in it nothing is worst. You can have a ton of talent but if the game is not exciting for you that's a problem.

NYJetsO12 and Rockinz like this.
  10. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

I don’t think this draft is weak at all… it’s loaded with talent. Just not QB talent…

If Moore came out this year I’d have him ranked 4th behind Burks, Wilson and Williams. He’s just ahead of Olave.

11. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I don't dispute that is your opinion or your unnatural love of Burks but most nfl experts rate the 1st round as extremely weak especially the top end of the WRs with arguably no WRs with a 1sr round grade.

Rockinz likes this.
  12. Rockinz

Those same experts said that Trubisky was better than Mahomes/ Watson and that it was a weak class…

Ya I really like Burks. I think his film against NFL competition is the best in the draft. Nobody dominated the way he did besides maybe Jordan Davis against players who will get a shot at the NFL.

BacktoQueens likes this.
  13. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I hope you are right. It won't be the 1st time you were right and everyone was wrong. But,I think you are fighting a lost crusade here. He is not going to the Jets. He could have a great oppurtunity if the Chiefs take him at 29. My guess is he makes it past both Jets picks in round 2.

14. Rockinz

Anything is possible Noam. I’d be shocked if he made it to round 2. But I was also shocked DK slipped nearly to the 3rd when I thought he was a top 10 pick.

Thursday can’t come soon enough!

15. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I agree on the Thursday part. It has seemed like an extraordinary long wait. But what is really crazy is the lack of certainty and consensus with two days to go. What a lack of agreement in terms of value tells me us there are bargains to be had in this draft by the better organized teams. Last year was a year of great uncertainty where the Jets took advantage of that uncertainty by doing strong prep work during the college season. Hopefully they can do it again.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  16. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

Apparently several reports this AM from several articles has Jets taking Jermaine Johnson at 4 since the last few weeks Saleh and JD has been linked to him.

me being from Maryland. There are talks about Ravens targeting Jermaine Johnson as their number 1 if still available and per some of the defensive scouts there, they think he may be the the most polished edge.

Is Jermaine Johnson that high of a prospect

BacktoQueens likes this.
  17. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

He's a 23-year-old one year wonder. Is that because Georgia was stacked and he had to transfer to get his chance, or is it because he feasted on lesser competition with less talent around him? Either way, I pray we steer clear but it sure seems like there's a whoooole lot of smoke.

Rockinz likes this.
  18. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

JJ, Sauce and Neal are 3 very intriguing choices. Landing two of them would be an excellent scenario.
    All this talk about reaching for Thibs or a WR due to need is what bad GMs would do.

19. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Best edge in the draft imo

20. Rockinz

Whole lot of smoke is my bet. 2 days before the draft and now JJ is the guy? I don’t buy it at 4. Maybe 10

KY Jets Fan likes this.