Elijah Moore

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by boozer32, Oct 10, 2021.

1. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

I do…the Oline has actually been pretty good overall since the Denver debacle

To me it’s all about using the strengths of your personnel. If I were an opposing defensive coordinator I’d much rather have to defend a standard Jets offense than a spread version where you’ll have 4 or 5 of Mims/ Crowder/ Moore / Davis / Cole / Berrios on the field at one time. We can definitely create mismatches much moreso than we have.

It doesn’t mean you can’t run some normal personnel plays depending on situation and matchup, but I just think the spread should be the base

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  2. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Moore has been very disappointing. Wow. Just can’t believe it!!!!

lefeluer needs to get him the ball quickly and often. Just frustrating.

Pepsiguy5 and King Koopa like this.
  3. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

I don’t believe this is on Moore but the offensive coordinator more than anything. LeFleur should use the bye week to study Ole Miss tape from last season and see for himself how he’s completely failed in using a weapon so far this year

NCJetsfan and Snatch Catch like this.
  4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Not sure how early Pats offense you're talking about, but after Bill B had his summer affair with Urban in Gainsville (and got proprietary scouting profiles of that whole roster including Aaron Hernandez) and they installed that spread with Welker and Moss, that's definitely a fit for our personnel.

I don't really trust a guy that has grown up in a scheme and doesn't even seem to be able to install that properly to change the scheme that drastically.

5. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Yes. A mix between that one and the Branch/Kevin Faulk/Patten versions where they'd spread teams out in the shotgun and throw the ball for five yards a clip. Hell, Belichick has re-installed that offense with Mac Jones.

Agreed though, LaFleur can't install his own offense properly let alone make a big positive change like that.

SOJAZ, stinkyB and abyzmul like this.
  6. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

There's something going on that we don't know about and we may never know. That's my guess.

SOJAZ, NCJetsfan and Cman68 like this.
  7. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Yeah, he's not exactly a Jerome Bettis clone....

BrowningNagle likes this.
  8. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

their usage rate was basically the same as last weeks. He had 6 snaps on offense, 11% of snaps. Mims had 8…crowder, Cole and Davis (he’s around 80%) remain the guys who are getting the bulk snaps. Moore had 23 snaps, which was extra. Looks like with Kroft out then went to more 3/4 WR looks.

Griffin played 91% of snaps a huge jump with Kroft out. Wesco had a small uptick, while Brown seems to strictly be a ST guy and Yeboah had no snaps.

NCJetsfan and Noam like this.
  9. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Yes it was great to see what kind of pass-catching TE Yeboah could be, it isn't like we had nothing to lose by taking a look at him for real, sigh.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  10. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

I see every team hitting quick slants and legal pick plays every game but not the Jets! Only thing we dial up is a WR bubble screen where the receiver gets hit as soon as he catches it

K'OB, NCJetsfan and Acad23 like this.
  11. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Something this team could really use.. We need a tank in the backfield that can grind down defenses. Make life easier for our Kid FQB.

12. abyzmul

Ty Johnson can easily fill the short yardage bruiser role.

PennyRoyal10 and stinkyB like this.
  13. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

He does run with some anger :cool:

abyzmul likes this.
  14. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

A guy sitting on his arse in the Eagles practice squad, Jordan Howard ex Bears could possibly do that job far better, plus he knows how to score TD's 34 in 60+ games, something we seem to struggle to do at times.

Been a little disappointed in Ty Johnson this season tbh but again is it the OC and his system getting in the way of talent?

15. abyzmul

Many times I have seen him used on outside runs and kept back to block, but on a lot of the 3rd down and short yardage situations that he really would benefit the team they usually go with a smaller back like Coleman or Carter. I think Coleman only because he knows the blocking schemes much better than any of the backs in the passing game so he was de facto 3rd down guy in the first 4 games from what I remember. Carter just because I think he can do all of it reasonably well.

I understand the need for versatility of the backs to keep the defense guessing, but sometimes you need them to know that bruiser is coming in to punish you for that yard, so maybe next short yardage call you fake it to him and throw a slant. So many of these coordinators out-think themselves trying to out-think the opposing coordinator and doom a series to failure from the start. Schotty did it all the time.

Edit: just to add... remember Shonn Greene? That guy wasn't the biggest or the strongest or the fastest but he always made sure to hit the tackler as hard as he could, and eventually some of those guys avoided tackling him altogether (coughCROMARTIEcough), then afterwards they'd look over to see if he was getting up slowly and he would wave off the OL trying to help him up and get up under his own power. The OL loved that guy because he made their job easier down the line, some guys allowing themselves to be blocked out of plays rather than be hit by Greene. That was a huge psychological advantage that this offense isn't even exploring when they use small backs on 3rd and short.

#35 abyzmul, Oct 11, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2021
    NCJetsfan, Acad23, Cman68 and 2 others like this.
  16. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

he is a slot player, he is out of position on the outside and that is on the OC....

BrowningNagle and PennyRoyal10 like this.
  17. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Yup, there is no way Wes Welker and Julien Edelman are more athletic/talented than E Moore and J Crowder, yet they made a living running short crossing routes and RAC. Berrios is probably in the same mold as those 2, but could easily be worked into a rotation and keep guys fresh. Run a mix of Davis and Mims wide and utilize them on slants and with their size, fades in the red zone. Seriously, there is WR talent on this team and why they can't figure how to take their collective skillset and apply an offensive game plan is real frustrating. Now, playing devils advocate, ZW does seem to struggle with accuracy more on the shorter routes, almost to the point of aiming the ball - so maybe they're seeing that in practice and are choosing to limit those calls in games...

SOJAZ and NCJetsfan like this.
  18. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I would love to see this team run heavy and strike vertically.
    Just not sure we have the personnel to get that done effectively.

I do know we need to find an identity other than "doormat"... :confused:

19. abyzmul

I would love for the Jets to not cling to a trend 5-10 years too late.

Ralebird and Acad23 like this.
  20. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

It worked in '69 :mad:

But I get yer point...