Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Coach K, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

Great game... I got it opening day and I'm still playing off and on.

2. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

My 11-year old has been bugging the crap out of me the last 2 weeks about getting this game (he is saving his own money). However, I told him I needed to look into it before he could buy it.

I've read mixed things on the appropriateness of the game. Some people say it is fine, others say no way.

He plays lots of Halo Reach (I don't have any issues with that game). I have some issues with GOW (just a little too over the top on the gore and language), so that one is a no go for him.

I know he has played it at a friends house...but I can at least control what he plays at home.

What do you guys think?

3. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Enemies can beheaded after a certain point. There is blood and lots of it. Wearwolves, and vampires praying on NPCs. There isnt a lot of terrible language, more nordic talk than anything. There is some profanity, but words like damn and hell, nothing worse than that i dont believe. No nudity, but characters can go down to their underwear if their gear is taken. All and all its a mature game i believe, but its light on the mature. Its not god of war in terms of vulgar content, but thats for you to decide. I suggest watching some videos online to get your own idea of what you feel is appropriate.

4. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

This i completely agree. But this is why i bought this game ya dig!?!?

5. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

If he plays Gears of War, this game should be fine. The worst thing you'll see is decapitations, and there's very little blood during that. Otherwise it's not that bad gore wise.

6. DeathByJets

He is not allowed to play GOW. He plays games like Halo Reach and Batman AC.

7. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

Personally I don't think it is too violent. The only thing that is violent is if he's a melee guy and decapitates guys but even then it's not overly violent considering...it's not like a 30second video showing guts spewing out and stuff, it's pretty quick. You can probably youtube skyrim decapitation to see if you think it is too violent. Other than that I don't find there to be much blood and if you kill guys with spells they aren't like charred to a crisp or anything gruesome. They just fall down when they run out of life.

No swearing or nudity that I've come across anyway. It can be a bit scary sometimes for kids with witches. werewolves, vampires and trolls and stuff, but if he's used to playing other games he might be okay with that stuff.

Overall I think you'd be okay but if you haven't already just youtube to see some of the kills in the game and if they look to violent for you then veto it, if not then I think you'll be okay.

8. deerow84

Yeah I get it, and that is one of the good things about it: it's not too narrow and you aren't done the game in like ten days. I'm still playing it, about level 33 now and mostly doing sidequests and stuff. Barely done any main storyline stuff yet.

9. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Same here I have been so predestrian in the storyline so far ... FYI to increase Smithing Go to Whiterun make ur right at first shop(Armory) Buy all Iron and leather strips and make a 1000000 daggers to up smithing works like a boss

10. deerow84

I did that a little bit. Only at like 75 smithing though. Want to get to the point I can make Dragon armor, sounds ballin'

Anyone got the platinum or whatever you get in the Xbox version? I've got like 34% of the trophies but I really don't think I'm going to bother getting the platinum. Seems like a whole lot of work.

11. Scruggy

Scruggy Active Member

Does he play on X-box live? You will hear obscenities and racial slurs from other players on there for multi-player games -- and Halo is the worst I.Q. depleting cesspool of all. Skyrim will actually stimulate your mind with all the lore, intricate plots, and multiple ways of accomplishing tasks.

Kudos on not letting him play God of Bore, total button mashing garbage.

12. DeathByJets

He does play X-Box live. I'm not too concerned about that aspect....as he doesn't use it all the time.

13. DeathByJets

Thanks to all on the recommendations for Skyrim. I've decided he can get the game.

Apparently, all his friends from school play it. So, I guess he can play it too.

14. swomiak

swomiak Banned

:pats_suck:

15. eyedea

eyedea Active Member

I am not kidding when I say this might be the best game of all time. Anyone else here become a Wearwolve or vampire. Vampire is wack, Wearwolve is sick. Redguards !!!!!!!!!!

16. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

I just bought this like 2 weeks ago and only have about 2 hours played on it. I guess I really need to pick it up.

17. Scruggy

Scruggy Active Member

Im still playing.

18. Coach K

Coach K New Member

I went from about 70 or 80 hours within a few weeks to not having played since December.

been too busy and as beautiful as the presentation is and engaging as the script/character interactions are I grew bored.

KOA:Reckoning has been getting what little spare time I have. Diablo-esque and a solid RPG with a combat system that never gets old.

Skyrims battle system almost feels clunky in comparison.

then again Skyrims graphics, scale, and presentation are the strong points, combat is just a tool to finish quests and develop story for Betheseda .

19. vinnumber13

vinnumber13 New Member

finally started playing this they other day, great game. there is so much to do though i feel almost lost

20. vinnumber13

vinnumber13 New Member

so i am up to 70+ hours and only finished maybe half the game. im in the middle of the main quest and finished the companions and brotherhood storyline and halfway through thieves guild, and finished countless side missions and dungeons. this game is so huge, i think has to win game of the year. 70 hours and im still dying to play. oh and get the deadric armor, badass