Ed Reed is a JET

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by thatisjetsfootball, Nov 14, 2013.

1. nyj55

nyj55 Member

It was the Defensive end, right? Way before my time in Chestnut Hill but ive heard the stories from that game

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

2. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Reed will be a huge plus for our defense.Reed got released for critizing the coaching staff.Rex knows how to use a guy like Ed Reed .Rexs system should be a perfect fit for Reed

3. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Yep.

And the Jets drafted him in the 5th round of the 2003 draft.....

4. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

and this malcontent stuff is just flat out nonsense. Did he go over the top with his comments? Probably...but you go by history of the player. Anyone thinks that Ed Reed is coming to a guy he loves...Rex Ryan..and is going to be a problem child isnt thinking this through at all...not at all.

Brilliant move..no brainer...Ed Reed is finished? He still makes a qb in the pocket think about him. Ed Reed is 75/80% of the player he used to be? He makes every db better...and is a piece to the puzzle in the one spot the Jets are weak in.

Anyone that thinks this is a bad move? Im not sure what to say.

5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

If nothing else, Ed Reed can mentor our young Safeties and if only one of them gets it, we're better off. I see him playing limited minutes and for the most part, there to show the kids how its done. Kinda sorta the role Garrard is playing right now although Reed will actually get in a game.

6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

:metal:

Haha awesome

7. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Dan Leberfeld ‏@jetswhispers 6m
    John Idzik was impressed with Ed Reed in a meeting. Not surprising. He's a very impressive guy.

Joe Pozzi ‏@JoePozzi 1m
    Jesus Christ even Francessa said the Ed Reed signing is good... World might be ending

8. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Where are all you Idzik haters at yo!!!!

:grin:

9. hobgoblin

hobgoblin Well-Known Member

Excellent signing for both depth and leadership.

10. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I lol'd when I saw how quick they updated the roster...

http://www.newyorkjets.com/team/roster.html

He's as old as Garrard...maybe they can share the rocking chair.

11. jaywayne12

I think it will be special packages too cman. The only difference is that the Jets are great against the run. They put teams in 2nd and longs a lot. I think by next week, he will be on the field at least..at least 50 percent of the time.

While I want to see Allen continue to grow...and I know you are not saying this...this talk about taking time away from the growth of young players...I dont get that.

The secondary besides a couple guys, many of these guys will not be on the roster next year. Landry...I mean...I do not see the Jets saying he is the future at that positon.

Take away the inconsistant play at the qb position, one position sticks out as a weakness on this team...and its the secondary.

I would throw out the entire Texans experience and go by what I saw from Ed Reed last year..and Ed Reed was still a pretty good damn football player. If Ed Reed in week 14 or 16 makes a key pick...and on every other week just gets into the head of a bunch of qbs on our schedule who are not going to Canton...this is a great great move that improves every db on the roster.

12. NYJets17

NYJets17 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Edit: Current New York Jets :up:

13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Antonio Allen played the Spur at South Carolina. I wouldn't be surprised to see Rex fooling around with that some now that he has Reed deep and Landry at strong safety.

Maybe run the 5 man front with Wilkerson, Richardson, Pace, Harris and Davis but have Antonio Allen lined up tight over the TE with 5 other DB's on the field. That'd make the spread less effective I think.

14. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

Love the signing. Was saying in the other thread that the only thing I'm worried about is how much he has left in the tank and the money. I haven't read much about the deal but from what I have heard it says we can release him with virtually no real penalty (can anyone confirm either way? I didn't read the last 8 pages, too lazy).

Improves our secondary, improves our leadership, adds a pile of playoff experience including coming off a SB win, shows Jets looking for playoff push and Idzik's faith in Rex currently and maybe going forward...what's not to like?

15. roboz08

roboz08 Well-Known Member

Hell yes!!!!!!!

16. jaywayne12

This is dead on...and a great observation. There will be packages like or similiar to this that makes team better in the secondary.

17. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Looks like you were right. It was more about where Reed wanted to go and who wanted him. :up:

18. NYJets17

NYJets17 Well-Known Member

hahahaha :beer:

19. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Indeed. Should've spent his whole career here in Jets Green. Hopefully, some good karma is coming our way & he'll mold some of our young players into tomorrow's football leaders.

20. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Great signing. Why not?

He's not the same player he once was but to have just half of what Ed Reed was I'll take it every day.