East-West Shrine Bowl Prospects

Discussion in 'Draft' started by KY Jets Fan, Jan 31, 2022.

1. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Just wanted to start a thread to post practice reports/articles in the lead up to the game on Thursday.

Sounds like a few guys in particular are really boosting their draft stock so far!

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2022-shrine-bowl-risers-sliders-saturday/

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2022-shrine-bowl-risers-sliders-sunday/

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/shrine-bowl-2022-chase-lucas-kyler-mcmichael

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/cordell-volson-shrine-bowl-2022

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/jelani-woods-shrine-bowl-2022

A few names of note for those that don't have the time to go through these articles:

Charleston Rambo WR, Miami
    Jelani Woods TE, Virginia
    Cordell Volson OT, North Dakota State
    Bamidele Olaseni OT, Utah
    Kyler McMichael CB North Carolina
    Kyle Phillips WR, UCLA
    Thomas Booker IDL, Stanford

Some good, mid-late round targets to be mindful of as we get closer to the draft!

NCJetsfan likes this.
  2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

This is the first I've seen on anything about the East-West Shrine game. It's on Thursday? Why? Do they want no one to watch it?

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Scrolling through the rosters and I’m surprised Leddie Brown (RB, West Virginia) didn’t get a senior bowl invite. Bubba Bolden (S, Miami) too. I thought he was going to be a pretty high pick at one point.

Diego Fagot was awesome at Navy. Ty Fryfogle would probably have been more productive with a better thrower at Indians than Michael Penix.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  4. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

No clue, my friend!

I'll be tuning in on Thursday just to check out some of my favorite late round guys!

5. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

There are going to be some really good mid-late round guys in this game.

The Senior Bowl is getting a lot of the shine right now, as it should be with our coaches there and more of the premier talent. There will be some really good prospects in this one too though.

6. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

The Senior Bowl always gets more publicity, especially this year. Because so may players went back for another year because of the weird COVID season in 2020, the Senior Bowl is also particularly loaded with players.

7. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

I saw a little of the start and the end of the game. The real standout of the game was East's EJ Perry, QB Brown Univ. in a losing cause. He was 13-18, 241 yds, 3 TDs, quite remarkable for an all-star game where the offense usually has a big disadvantage with just 1 week to practice. No other QB threw for more than 100, then throw in he's an Ivy leaguer. RB for the West Ty Chandler, NC had a pretty good game 11/69 and I liked the OT for the East, Verderian Lowe, Illinois, 6'4" 320. Navy LB Diego Fagot looked good too. I think he was on the East team. Hard to tell in this game. Rutgers was on the West squad,.....go figure.

8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

UNC was on the West too. It was all mixed up. I saw the 5-10 minutes of the 1st half and the entire 2nd half. The West dominated the 1st half, and the early part of the 3rd Qtr. Once Perry came into the game and the West QB went out (I forget his name) and Brock Purdy came in, it was all East. Purdy and the West offense was awful from then on. The OL and some of the "weapons" may have changed as well, but it was obvious that Purdy wasn't in sync with his receivers and/or his accuracy was way off. It was amazing how in sync the East offense became. Until Perry came in, the East offense had been as bad and out of sync as the West was with Purdy.

westiedog1 likes this.
  9. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Totally agree. My guess is that most of these guys won't see any daylight before the 5th round, even Perry who had a great game. I'm not sure what the service academy rule is, I think they can be drafted and go pro now, so I can see Diego Fagot going in the 3rd or 4th Rd. He's very good, obviously great character and has prototypical LB dimensions.

NCJetsfan likes this.