EA/NFL Resign. License now till 2013

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by xmscott, Feb 15, 2011.

1. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

The nitpicking part was made up, or taken out of context.

The only thing that gives me hope for Madden moving forward is Ian Cummings. He took a game that I couldn't even look at and in two years has at least attempted to make it play like a real game of football. The good thing about the last two editions of Madden has been that if you wanted to play it like real football you could. We focus on the bullshit because it is annoying to some 10 year old run around with the QB's back to the play and then do a 180 spin to accurate 40 yard bomb. Shit like that needs to be eliminated from the game completely but if you sit down two guys who know football and want the game to look realistic it will play a pretty good game of football.

With that said, the exclusivity is certainly holding the game back because the guys who work on the game do not have final say on what gets worked on and what gets put on the back burner for another year. Those decisions are made by the EA suits and they have no desire to put a ton of resources into something that is going to make them money anyway.

2. DamierDoobies

DamierDoobies New Member

Terrible news. I will continue to boycott Madden. I'm still down with 2K5 and the ill graphics ah yeahh.

For real though, I want a good NFL game soo bad, ugh

3. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

EA sport turns gold into shit... whenever EA sports is interested in your game you know you're fucked...

Why is there no Pro Evolution Football btw? fake teams, fake names and you good to go!

4. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

EA Sports make their own games and always have so wtf are you talking about.

They already tried it twice and both times it sucked.(AP2k8 and Backbreaker)

5. desert swordz

desert swordz Totally Addicted

difference now tho is that EA's fifa has taken over PES. so on top of the advantage they now have in better gameplay, they also have all the licenses.

but with madden its different. ea has the exclusive license and they don't care about the gameplay much, madden is the only freaking NFL game available every year.

6. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

I thought Fifa 98 was the best soccer game ever. I took Tonga to the world cup, and won it... in World Class mode. I was sick.

7. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

All Pro still plays better than Madden in a lot of the core areas of football it just didn't sell very well and was much more limited in it's modes compared to madden.

Purely on the field All Pro is probably still better than Madden.

8. desert swordz

desert swordz Totally Addicted

havent ever played those earlier sims.......PES unarguably offered the very best sim for a long ass while during the early to mid 00s but for the past 2-3 years fifa has gotten them beat.