EA/NFL Resign. License now till 2013

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by xmscott, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Stanky Leg

Stanky Leg New Member

More:
    -damn near every QB from Tom Brady to Sage Rosenfelds becomes John Elway in the final 2 minutes of each half.
    -they took the sprint/speed burst away, making acceleration and separation nearly impossible
    -flag routes are never, ever open
    -play action is extremely hard, and the NT tackles the QB before the fake handoff can even be done at least once a game
    -reverses/HB throws are very hard to pull off for any kind of positive gain

2. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

Biggest disappointment for me because all I ever want to play is franchise mode. Also, is it me, or can you not save DURING a game in the last madden? Could be I'm an idiot or just haven't played it enough.

3. IATA

IATA Trolls

Don't think you could before either, at least not during and continue to acquire Madden points.

4. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Yeah cus those plays go for touchdowns all the time in real life.

5. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

Right. You could save mid-game and not get your madden points, but now I can't even do that shit. It's annoying when I start a game and then have to go out and either lose all my progress in the game or leave the stupid hot running PS3 on.

6. Stanky Leg

Stanky Leg New Member

Often times, the ball carrier does get out of the backfield though. You do see where I said "for any positive gain", and not "touchdown" there, right?

7. Scoffaveli3

Scoffaveli3 Banned

Yeah reverses are damn near impossible unless you have desean or somebody fast

The other highly annoying thing is that the flipside of what somebody said about QBs being dead accurate, every now and then your QB will throw a pass 30 yards away from the intended target. No QB short of Jamarcus would ever miss by that much

And then of course you have the "scrambling qb with his back to the defender suddenly whips around 180 degrees and fires a laser to a guy across the field"

8. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

You can cut it inside for a 1 or 2 yard gain almost every time. Doesn't look all that realistic but it isn't like that play is a guaranteed 5 yard loss.

rofl that's my favorite

9. Scoffaveli3

Scoffaveli3 Banned

^lol that is what we call the panic button and should ALWAYS be intercepted

that made me think of one more thing

If you throw to a WR that is draped it will either be caught or picked

If you throw right to a defender he will drop it

10. IWillPeeGreen

IWillPeeGreen New Member

first of all, madden looks like a piece of crap

[​IMG]

all the players slide or get sucked into another player or the ball when it comes to blocking, tackling, and catching anything.

The physics in this game are nonexistent. The last gen Madden games had an actual physics engine and didnt play like this garbage.

The core engine is broken and a piece of crap, so it will remain like this until they start from the ground up, or build off of the ps2 versions

seriously, lol at this trash

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqu4q6LtTPM[/YOUTUBE]

11. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

It's wikipedia but I thought this was funny:

12. Scoffaveli3

Scoffaveli3 Banned

ha I heard about the surprise onside

As if online players don't abuse shit enough. Gayest thing ever

13. IATA

IATA Trolls

decision to not buy another madden confirmed, yet again.

14. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

Were you thinking of buying the non-competition Madden 12 if the deal expires for Madden 14?

15. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

I've been a fan of Madden forever, but '11 has really been the last straw for me. I personally loved the engine that was madden 2006-2008 for the xbox (original, not the 360). Every year I thought there were some decent improvements, even though there were gimmicks and glitches, it seemed to be moving in the right direction. It took at least 2 years to get the Xbox 360 game engine in decent order. Now at 11, I've realized that nothing has changed much.

Playing on All-Madden mode is all I can do these days without blowing out the computer. Instead of making the CPU more intelligent, however, they just make your team bad at everything and their team really good at everything. I mean, watching Joseph Addai break 3 tackles routinely against my defense is beyond stupid. The Madden franchise keeps putting band-aids on things when they need to rip up the engine and start anew.

16. Scoffaveli3

Scoffaveli3 Banned

agreed

all-madden is basically the cpu cheating...urlacher will catch cj2k

17. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Competition suffers when exclusive agreements like these are signed. Not going to knock it since the NFL was probably offered way too much money to pass up, but EA has very little incentive to produce groundbreaking changes in graphics, etc, as a result. Nothing like a good old video game rivalry to keep things interesting.

18. wildthing202

The NFL offered the deal not the other way around.

19. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Right, but it's still EA paying the NFL for the right. I'm sure the NFL gains in some respect to having an official game of the league, but again it hurts the consumer. People are going to buy it anyway because it's the official game of the NFL, but that doesn't mean it has to improve every time. EA Sports just has to add a few new things here and there and update the rosters and people will buy in droves, and will continue to do so.

The wiki quote earlier confirmed that they don't want to change anything major because that would be "nitpicking". Who the fuck would say that if there were any actual competition. 2K Sports would sure as hell force them to fix these glaring issues, but there's zero incentive. As popularity in the league increases, so will sales, so we may never see a perfect game.

20. wildthing202

Just like Direct TV and their Sunday Ticket monopoly.

It's not nitpicking per say it's having to get this stuff done and working within a year. That's why major changes never happen because it would take too long, I mean they try doing stuff that takes 2-3 years to perfect like locomotion. I doubt if there even was a 2k they would change much since the game is always a work in progress and it'll never be perfect since there are way too many people on and off the field they would have to work on in order to get the best live experience possible(100+ people each with their own physics) vs other sports 10-50 people.
    Don't give me that no incentive BS they still have to compete with every other video game on the market so even if there are no other football games there is always competition.