Dylan Donahue arrested for DWI, Reckless Driving

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by MurrellMartin, Feb 26, 2018.

1. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

No, wasn't making the team without the suspension. He didn't play well enough this summer, showed nothing

2. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

No-one has to read any of this, but they should. Dylan Donahue obviously has a very serious problem and fukked his career. Luckily, he didn't maim or kill anyone. The flipside to this coin to him salvaging his life and luckily not killing or maiming anyone is to follow. The 'treatment industry' is a horrific scam, and it really needs to be blown open and brought to the extreme attention of the general public. Because that's what it is - an industry - as well as 'sober living facilities' - which is even worse. Let me just preface it by saying that a shit ton of people should be in prison, a 12 Step Program is NOT science, people go in an out of these places like a turnstile (low scale and high scale, even Wayne Hunter was better), other addicts are recruited for money by rehab facilities to get other people in (they get paid for it, then take the money and buy drugs), people die in rehab from alcohol withdrawal because the majority of staff are not medically qualified whatsoever, rehabs are all in bed together and ferry patients from one facility to another for a take, insurance companies get bilked out of hundreds of millions of dollars a year, and people should not have to pay upwards of 30K for what they can get for free in a Church basement. It's unconscionable.

I'll start with this POS, Chris Bathum:
    https://www.laweekly...rrested-7599903
    https://www.insuranc...lease128-16.cfm

An then there's these pieces of shit:
    https://www.nbcnews....ackdown-n784326

^Article is misleading. There is no such thing as a 'good treatment facility'. Just because it's clean, you get good meals, and you get to pet horses doesn't amount to a hill of beans and it still isn't science. It's an incredible rip-off and a scam. These places should be shuttered, including Cliffside Malibu. If you want to present your bullshit as a spa or a retreat, that's fine. Otherwise, GTFO.

More pieces of shit:
    https://www.nbcnews....ackdown-n784326

People should read up on the death of Ryan Rogers. Add Lisa Robin Kelly to the list. Her family is suing, but good luck with that. Demi Lovato, also very troubled, became a financial partner in the last rehab center she was in. Guess what? She was administered Narcan because she almost died from a heroin overdose, and needless to say, she will be sent to another celebrity rehab shoveling the same 12 Step nonsense.

May I also add that those detestable weasels and shills from the show 'Intervention' should be buried under the jail. Of course said insufferable idiots never talk about any other alternative method(s) because then they'd be out of a job. Unfortunately for Dylan Donahue and others like him, his attorney will say that he is enrolled in 'rehab' in one of these rip-off places to look good for the judge. It is so pervasive it's unreal. I'm generally not into the gov't regulating people to death, but this needs to stop. It's criminal, on top of the fact that it's perfectly fine to legally bankrupt people when the success rate is for shit. How is calling yourself a powerless worm 'treatment'? It isn't; but 12 Step is accepted as gospel (heh) when people - including judges - don't even know anything about it or how inherently harmful it can be. Basically people are being "sentenced" to a religious exercise, which has been proven to be unconstitutional.

Robert Isseks (RIP), visionary that he was, won a huge landmark case on this, but it hasn't stopped the prejudice to any large degree. Oddly enough, he won a case on appeal when someone confessed to a double murder in an AA meeting. He argued that since it is a religious exercise, his conviction should be overturned as his confession was sacred, therefore inadmissible. He won (LMFAO). The appeal got overturned in a higher court (which I agree with), but did he ever love sticking it to people on Civil Rights and religious freedom - which also means freedom FROM religion. He appealed to call the judiciary on their bullshit on principle. Anyway, 12 Step is just too ingrained for things to change any time in the near and not too distant future.

By the by, it's amusing to me that law enforcement only gets involved in the addiction industry - again, it's an industry - when it involves insurance fraud. Meanwhile back at the ranch, insurance companies deny patients cancer treatment, but pay for this snake oil horseshit, unnecessary testing, ridiculous piss tests, and then have the nerve to cry foul.

You guessed it. This documentary wasn't very well received. I'm gonna add more fuel to the fire here and say see how I laugh about the opiod crisis. When the shit hits the fan about the anti-depressant industry, king me. I'd be more than happy to discuss it.

Anyway, good luck Dylan Donahue, you're going to need it. I hope other people on the board chime in and that it opens a dialogue. My cousin died in a sober living home, and yes, I'm bitter.

3. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Dumb fuck should be grateful he didn't kill anybody, including himself.

4. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Already somewhat stated in my huge block of shit that nobody wants to read.

FJF likes this.
  5. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Green Bay is actually pretty busy almost always, not anything like NY I'm sure, but it's still a big issue here. The state takes drinking, and driving very seriously. A 3rd dui is a felony now. Even after the 2nd one, there's fees up the wazoo, you have to go to therapy/class, stay sober, get assessments, etc. When you get your license back finally, there's time restrictions, and you need a breathalyzer. I went thru all that in 2012, and I always put the thing on my lap cuz it would randomly go off needing breathe, and ever since I was done with it, I've always put my phone on my lap cuz it felt weird to not have anything there lol.

Anyway, over 6 years now not driving drunk. :)

6. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

Smart move, I think it's best to err on the side of caution. Too bad Dylan didn't come to the same conclusion.

Why did this get moved to the BS forum? A current Jets player gets a suspension and the thread is moved to BS... o_O

NYJalltheway likes this.
  7. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

He's not a current player - he was cut after the last preseason game and is a free agent. I would say it actually belongs in the NFL Forum, since it's about an NFL suspension of a (prospective) NFL player.

8. joe

joe Well-Known Member