Dyer: 50-50 Idzik is fired

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ArmandJ, Dec 16, 2014.

1. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Geez, another Idzik family member has started posting here.

Centiment likes this.
  2. Big Blocker

Ftr I condemn Vick for not being ready to take over, but it takes no effort at all to understand his reaction. It's as if his salary was a kind of bribe to pretend there was a competition when there wasn't any, and no intention of having one. Then by the time the Jets should have more than given up on Smith, say at 1-5, when they STILL kept playing him, how much was it reasonable to expect Vick to be into it?

He should have been a professional, but realistically the Jets were saying he was a worse option than an awful Smith. I think that would get to most people.

3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Eagles are not playoff bound. They are on the outside looking in.

4. Big Blocker

How does a thread about Idzik being fired become yet another Sanchez thread?

5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Wow, seriously? What world do you live in????

First -I don't really see a whole lot of people making a big deal of it at all. Let alone an entire fan base. Are you trying to be upset or something? Most people here are doing the opposite and NOT blowing it out of proportion. I can't speak for the entire fan base though and you probably shouldn't either.

Second - Accidents happen in social media, we all follow the news... seemingly daily theres a news story of someone being stupid on social media. And maybe this isn't even coming from Johnson himself as others have pointed out.
    - But you don't see how an owner "liking" the suggestion that his general manager should be fired, when an organization is failing, in such a high profile thing like NFL football, should make some news?

Reality is here anytime you want to come back to it...

6. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

Do we really think Woody is using twitter? Somebody who uses twitter for him is getting a scolding though.

7. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

First... you should check the first 5 or 6 posts in this thread, then check Twitter, check comments sections in articles, then return. Reality is here any time you want to come back to it.

Second... if it was a mistake, it should not make news. If it DOES make news, it should probably be pointed out that it was a mistake. I think logic dictates it was a mistake.

8. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

If we see some firings from the PR department then well we can confirm it's one of the PR reps running his account

9. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

As someone who works with some high-profile people, I'd bet it's his own personal guy running his Twitter. No way he lets Jets PR handle it.

10. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

As a user of twitter, you'd be surprised at how easy it is to hit the favorite button. Doubt it's anything more than a mistake.

Nowhere close to as indicting as Jed York's tweet after Thanksgiving

11. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

It is extremely easy to unintentionally like something on twitter, I've done it countless times.

The title of the article is funny.

50/50 he gets fired. So he might get fired and he might not? Shocking news.

12. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

There is a reason why Metro news is a free newspaper. Although it is still way better then most crap on NY Post/Daily News

13. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Damn good point right there. Even if they did lie to him and make it a "dog and pony" show you still have to be prepared for anything. That absolutely looked horrible...although I do give him props for having the stones to admit he didn't prepare as he should have. Still...as far as John Idzik goes, his entire "mantra" and platform of being the GM of the Jets is a lie. NO competition...especially at the positions that actually mean something and zero ability to conduct a youth movement through the draft because he and his scouting staff cannot evaluate talent.

14. Big Blocker

Yep. Vick's reactoin was a problem. But the bigger problem is the phony competition.

15. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

First what does a 50/50 chance of being fired mean. What it says is he doesn't know. Like all of you I don't want to proceed with anybody in the org who is incompetent,. Which could mean more years of losing. But so far under Idzik I don't see it. He made some mistakes personnel wise but so have all orgs. He didn't select a good player and chose someone not as good in Pryor. But what if Pryor and Milliner take it up a notch, learn how to play the game and become solid starters. So the criticisms I see are way overblown pushed a lot by a 3-11 which is also on the coaching staff. The attacks on him by MM and a few others to me are unprecedented. Why do they want him fired so badly anyways. The Giants haven't made the playoffs 4 of the past 5 years and they aren't demanding that Reese be fired. Maybe it's personal. Maybe it's more complicated and related to Rex (who they like). I totally don't believe the charges that Idzik intentionally screwed things up so Rex would be fired. As for the 20 mil in unspent cap it made sense. He did try to sign a few experienced corners but they went to other teams. Instead of overspending for a not so talented player he held onto the money and spent it on Harvin, etc.

16. Clark Gaines

Clark Gaines Banned

My issues with Idzik have to do with how pitifully he handled this past offseason. "He has made some mistakes personnel wise but so have all orgs..." It's called "ACCOUNTABILITY" The Jets are the 5th worst team in the league. They weren't that bad when he took over. He certainly hasn't improved the team significantly, personnel wise, and has shown an utter lack of judgment, personnel wise. His job is to stock the team with talent. And the Jets are no better, over all, than they were when he took over. Some may say less talented. And his negotiating skills and how he has shown free agents that this is NOT the place to go, seems inarguably poor.

Why would anyone want someone who has shown virtually NO ability and ZERO results beyond cap savings to continue to run the team? What about his performance has been anything close to acceptable?

mezzavo likes this.
  17. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I hope you root for another team. Have you not been paying attention to the bad drafts? To his mostly poor job with FA acquisitions. This team needs a cleaned house, if there is any hope within the next 10 years of becoming consistently competitive.

18. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

Rex might have lost the pulse of the team at one point, but Woody always knows the pulse of the fans.

19. NYJets17

NYJets17 Well-Known Member

20. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

As I stated above...of course, let's not forget his "mantra of competition." Where the hell was that AFTER he finished stocking our team with sub-par talent?