Dwight Lowery, Welcome to the New York Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by savinoRB2, Apr 27, 2008.

1. J-Dogg

J-Dogg New Member

#81 J-Dogg, Apr 29, 2008
    Last edited: May 4, 2008
  2. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

This is beyond encouraging Jason, thanks for the insight on a player i really knew nothing about, and I do my HW for the draft. With the insight you have, i'm more than confident in his abilities and even more confident in our Front Office for choosing him to play for the Jets.

Dwight has our support, and seeing as a safety position is not quite settled next to Kerry Rhodes, it would be awesome to see him play alongside him. Two playmaking safeties would give most OC's insomnia.

Thanks for all the updates, and let Dwight know all Jets fans are looking forward to him dominating in the years to come.

3. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Nice feedback J-Dogg, it's really good to hear some of these things and it's nice for once to hear someone agree with something I said, lol...it don't happen often!

That said, i agree whole heartedly that as fans we can have all the fun and opinions we want on players and where they should play (and I know where I'll put him in Madden!) but in the end the only opinion that really matters are the coaches of the Jets and how they decide to utilize him. Lowery is one of 3 players the Jets drafted this year that I'm really psyched about and I think Lowery was the steal of the draft for the Jets, atleast on paper :)

4. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

CrossFit is the word!I've been doing this training program for a little over a year and I'm totally addicted.

5. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

Even more great insight Jason. Dwight really does sound like a gamer, and i'm sorry for thinking you were the S&C coach at that awful SJSU program. Regardless CrossFit is good stuff and congrats on working with Dwight on the side. I'm really pulling for this kid, he sounds like he has a bit of untappable potential. So the question I have left is why did he fall to round 4? Was it just because he is a small school guy? that he really was only seen as a CB? regardless I'm glad we got him, and even though I really thought Tyvon Branch was going to be a gamer, I think it might be better that we got Dwight Lowery.

6. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

WOW - Great stuff...

Man I think our staff really does their homework and a lot of people wil be eating their words....

I don't associate this staff with the past 40 years of Jets drafting or even the Herm error..... Gitt give these guys a clean slate and so far they have done quite well - last year was an absolute Home Run.....

Gotta laugh at the people reading from some web site and reciting 40 times before they know what they're talking about....

7. Zcore

Zcore New Member

Bottom line He looks like a baller to me...& that's what we need

8. Duk Dodgers

Duk Dodgers Active Member

I should never be this excited about a 2nd day pick...but the last time I was it was for Neon Leon so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Excellent...EXCELLENT information. I hope he lives up to his potential.

9. 624

624 Banned

thanks for the info j-dogg (that would be sick if you really did get Dwight to post here like you mentioned!)

:jets:

10. ........

........ Trolls

I was wondering why this thread got to be so long, now I see people came all the way on here just to post about the guy? That says a lot about the player we got. I have to admit, I've only seen Dwight play twice in the annual SJSU-Stanford game, but he had a great game against us 2 years ago, which helped San Jose St knock off Stanford. I had no idea at the time that it was only his 2nd or 3rd game of D-I football. He picked off Trent Edwards in the end zone to kill a crucial drive. The name came back to me when it was called on Sunday. Glad to have him. It'll be exciting to watch what happens.

11. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

I'm trying to get in contact with him through the Spartan Daily (SJSU Newspaper) to see if I can interview, just like I did with James Jones last season. If i'm successful, I will create a thread for questions to be asked when I meet with him. I have a feeling he might be too busy, but if he's not, my guess is he would be willing to meet. I'll keep you all posted.

12. SUorangefootball

SUorangefootball New Member

I've gotten a chance to talk to Dwight. He is humble, driven and cares a ton about football. We got a great one in this kid and he'll REDEFINE #34 for the NYJ.

13. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

Well apparently we have never had a defensive back wear #34 during the regular season, so I don't think he can redefine something that has never been defined.... Just hoping he can come in and really contribute in year one. It would be great if we had a future HOF on our hands, but lets not annoint him as that just yet.

14. 624

624 Banned

Same here...I think he's gonna be a gem.