Dustin Keller = BUST (merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by klecko73, Apr 26, 2008.

1. JetsLag2

JetsLag2 New Member

You're an idiot

Whats wrong with getting the players they want.

What about all those picks we are getting back next year?

2. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

That's exactly my point. On highlight reel, even a UFA that can't be drafted looks like next coming of all pro in NFL. That's why I don't put too much weight into highlight reels.

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Because we traded up for him. Giving up a potential player in the 4th round to get somebody who really is not that much better than Chris Baker.

You think Baker wouldn't be a 60 catch for 760 yards kind of receiver if the Jets actually split him out and used him more often in that role?

The man pass-blocks on half the downs the Jets are throwing on and on EVERY down where they are planning to throw the ball more than 15 yards down the field.

You think the Jets are actually going to be able to use Keller as a 3rd receiver down the field when the offensive line can't keep a blitz out without help from the HB and the TE?

And no, I don't think things are going to be that different next season in that regards. The Jets will pocket protect just fine against a 4 man rush but they are going to need the extra blockers against a blitz, just like they have every season since 1998.

4. KingLedg

KingLedg New Member

I have also read this somewhere else. They stated the Giants were real high on Keller and might have taken him with their first rounder.

5. gtchad

gtchad New Member

Miami doesn't have a chris baker though

6. 73klecko

73klecko Member

Chris Cooley, Dallas Clark and Antonio Gates are one dimensional too. Whats your point?

7. KY_Jetsfan

KY_Jetsfan New Member

A guy like Keller will help out Clemens more than one of the WR's that we passed on. Matchup problems arise when you have a LB trying to cover a quick TE... I am loving this pick, much more than had we picked a WR who are busts waiting to happen.

8. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

It is clear that the Jets FO should have checked with the TGG resident GMs before trading for this guy. All the years of Jet fans bitching about not having a TE to throw to...they should have known to translate that into we DON"T Want a TE to throw to.

9. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

You're getting Champ like in your posts. This guy is going to be a monster.

10. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

This guy is no better than Baker and Henne is a top 40 pick... right... SOOOOO happy you sit in the stands on Sunday and make no real decisions

Chris Baker doesn't have WR speed, can't create seperation... yeah... they equate...

11. JETFIGHTERS

JETFIGHTERS Active Member

Of all the bone headed TE and FB moves this team seems to like to draft I have never ever ever felt good about the TE we drafted today.

12. This sounds to me like more sour grapes about the franchise more than anything else. I've already stated, that he's gonna be used in an H-back role. What that has to do w/ your complaints about the pass protection I have no idea. Are we just not supposed to have any pass catching threats? We should just give up b/c you dont think we can pass protect? I dont get it.

As for him "Not being any better than Baker"...he's a COMPLETELY different style of player, and frankly wont even be playing the same position. DO you know ANYTHING about this player..or did you just see the position he plays, looked up his size and a few random stats?

#132 KurtTheJetsFan, Apr 26, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2008
  13. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

Chris Baker is not doing anything split out wide, he has no speed or elusiveness.

14. KingLedg

KingLedg New Member

I see him being very similar to Dallas Clark. Where he really doesn't have a set position. He will line up all over the field. He started his college career as a WR and they moved him to TE. So he does have experience(Not alot) at the WR position. He's tall, strong, fast, and probably much more. I don't think he is gonna be a bust. And when he lines up on the outside/Slot we have a good blocking TE in Franks to help with the blitz.

15. Clarke is a good comparison. I think Clarke is alittle bigger, maybe a better blocker..but I actually think Keller is more athletic and may even be faster.

16. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

17. masivemunkey

masivemunkey Member

I was angry when we first picked Keller, but now after looking at his highlight reels and reading some articles on him I'm really liking the pick. Plus I think that this pick shows that we're going to stick with Clemens next year since in the past season it seemed like Clemens was throwing to Baker a lot more than Pennington would, so maybe Tangini decided to upgrade the TE position to help give Clemens a better target.

18. KY_Jetsfan

KY_Jetsfan New Member

Keller will be a great player for us. Clemens/Pennington need every weapon they can get their hands on.

19. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Not to add fuel to the fire but did the Jets actually say that they were going to use him in an H-back role or are you just simply speculating? Coming from a team that last years main red zone weapon was a crappy fade pass and QB draws with Smith, I think it is too soon to say what exactly they are planning to use this player.

20. zonebuster413

zonebuster413 Member

Keller has some killer speed. I think he can be like Chris Cooley with better speed.

[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=28fZ0_-q1bA[/YOUTUBE]