Dustin Keller = BUST (merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by klecko73, Apr 26, 2008.

1. JetsLag2

JetsLag2 New Member

Hes basically a receiver, Big, Fast, Explosive, he will be a Huge red zone threat like the pick

Trust Mangini

Devin Thomas was overrated

2. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

It's just funny how you basically had them walking on water, then being 90% sure they were incompetent and wouldn't last much longer. It went from one extreme to the other.

4. lobacz87

lobacz87 New Member

per SNY, some more info on Keller, he went to purdue as a WR...so basically, we have a 250 pound WR, he can play three different positions, imagine the mismatches.....

5. JETFIGHTERS

JETFIGHTERS Active Member

Mangini seems to be enamored with TE's. So far zero! When I look at this kids film, I finally think they got this one right. He looks like the real deal to me. I was so upset at 1st, Mangini and all the TE busts! WOW is all I can say now and I'm perhaps the biggest critic on drafting TEs and FBs that this regime seems so hell bent on. I Love this kid! Welcome to NY

6. iceman

iceman New Member

One Dimensional Reach = Keller

Why trade up for this guy when you could have traded down, get your third back, and still get your pick? He was behind Bennett and Davis on all the mocks. How do pick Keller over either one of them? Plus we have to pay him first round money. First round TEs should be able to block also.

7. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

The last NY TE I liked was Mickey Shuler.

8. notjustQBs

notjustQBs New Member

This makes no sense. Please review the other threads on this subject and then perhaps you will retract your nonsense.

9. JETFIGHTERS

JETFIGHTERS Active Member

Tony seems to fit the bill 4 blocking. 4gotabouthim?

10. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Dustin Keller is ama... eh nm I thought this was the Dustin Keller=Bust thread.

11. Actually no..most mocks had Keller above both of those guys. Why? B/c he isnt solely a tight end..he's a very versatile guy who can help in alot of ways.

12. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Your thread said nothing. And those who do not see the value of bringing in a WR/TE that can play the seam and loosen up the linebackers as oppossed to another wide reciever that can not get open after he gets bumped, makes me wonder what they are looking at. We drafted a TE that will play WR and get open...and gain yards after the catch. Now that is innovative for a Jets TE. Baker = Good reciever that does not get open

13. notjustQBs

notjustQBs New Member

Keller is faster than Baker.
    Baker is a tall tackle who can catch.
    Keller is quicker than Baker.
    Baker can slip around the red zone and because he is big will be noticed by the QB.
    Keller will always be confronted by someone who (a) can't keep up with him and (b) can't address his quickness

What are you missing?

14. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

I haven't been this excited about a Jets TE since we picked Johny Mitchell. This guy actually seems like a good kid unlike Mitchell who was talented but out of his mind.

15. Laszlo Kovacs

Laszlo Kovacs Active Member

A 3rd and a 5th to Panthers, a 4th to Packers and a 7th to Raiders. What happened to "build through the draft"? I guess all of our next picks are to be players with knee injury histories.

16. KY_Jetsfan

KY_Jetsfan New Member

The Jets FO is not stupid, they must have known that the NYG liked Keller or else why trade up?

17. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Ok... my head cleared up a bit, and I thought about it again.

Considering their past move, I am forced to think that Dustin Keller will start this year. That means Chris Baker will take a hike one way or the other.

While Jets are sorely lacking depth, I guess I understand where they come from; it's rather clear by now, that the Jets FO is convinced that the roster they inherited in 2006 needed complete purging, and this is how they are doing it.

I did watch the highlight reel for Dustin Keller, but with a grain of salt; highlight reel made Leonard Peters look like the next coming of Troy Polamalu. You all know what happened to him by the end of TC. But when I watched the reel of this kid, I saw a TE that can actually become a downfield threat, which Chris Baker never was. I feel better with this pick.

Again, Mangini will find 2 starters from day 1 picks. I guess that's actually very good - if Gholston and Keller can contribute the way Revis and Harris contributed last year, maybe the Jets are in good hands. If these kids pan out again, then I'll be convinced that Mangini and Tannenbaum have a real good scouting eyes.

18. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

I thought it had more Mangini fingerprints....

I don't compare any of this to trading UP for Drob or getting Santana or Bryan Thomas over Reed.... Nugent.... on and on.

The ONLY draft pick I fault them on Was Schlegel - every other pick is legit, Last year's was an absolute home run and Keller is basically a WR - Guy's got talent and heart, he's not a Becht.

19. I think Parcells liked him as his future H Back.

20. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

The difference between Leonard Peters and Keller is that the planet knew Peters was a UFA, and Keller is a top 3 TE prospect, projected to go at the end of the 1st, which he did.