Draft Threads on main page

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Apr 14, 2020.

1. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Thank you, otherwise there will be 7000 draft threads going on the main page

2. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

At pick #11, The New York Jets select Brook!, Nazi Moderator out of Turkey.

(I agree, move to Draft Forum)

MoWilkBeast, Jets69, FJF and 2 others like this.
  3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Where do I start the fire joe d thread?
    I want to be ahead of the pack on this one

J-Raw24 likes this.
  4. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Last week, your already too late lol

5. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Good move Brook...there's about 100+ ad banners that will never get clicked by TGG fans who visit the main page, see nothing of value, and move on.

6. K'OB

Are they really that I want to say dumb but don't really want to upset anybody, that they can't click on a link two links dow from The New York Jets link especially if they think I want to see some news about the draft.

I know let's click on the draft page link and chat draft and when done, move on up to the normal forum page.

Hell, I may get adventurous and have a look at the rest of the NFL news page or even more adventurous and go into BS forum and read @jetophile film thread.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  7. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

FB214

I don't really have a firm belief either way. But the majority thru this page plus the PM's I received ask for a move to Draft and I did. But we are keeping this thread here so that during this week anybody who comes in sees the draft talk will click on the Draft link.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  8. K'OB

Your big man looks down on this sort of thing and he told me as punishment you are down to just 10 virgins.

Unlucky boss

Brook! likes this.
  9. Footballgod214

It's fine...I understand. I'm probably unique in that I don't (for some reason) chase content. Lazy probably! Even on other sites like DaileyNews. If the article is highlighted on the main page, I'll take a look. But if I have to click 'SPORTS' first, then find and click 'FOOTBALL', then find and click 'NY JETS', then wait for a list of Jets articles I rarely do that. Sometimes, but not often. Same way with TGG.

I also won't be in a hurry to create content for TGG that just gets shoveled to a back page/draft bucket somewhere. I'm sure I will, just not as often (which I'm sure some members will applaud!)

Brook! likes this.
  10. Footballgod214

...while we're on the subject, I'm not a fan of 'merging' threads either.

11. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Minor deduction for not being characteristically rude enough. Very disappointed over here. Just to avoid any confusion, I just want to be clear that that's a compliment. Your innate ability to manage to even crap all over a box of Russell Stovers from your sweetie on Valentine's Day is always a day maker. If you ever break a leg or something I'll be sure to send a bouquet of flowers to the hospital. Partly out of concern, but mostly because I know you'd just throw them out the window into the parking lot. Points if you clock someone below in a wheelchair who just got discharged, double points if they also have a heart condition.

Jets69 likes this.
  12. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

That's a lot to live up to, I actually was at the hospital last week, had a kidney stone, that will humble anyone in a hurry!

Brook! likes this.
  13. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

We have a draft forum. Not sure why it is even a question.

You have different forums so that people do not want to read about a certain broad subject can just avoid that forum. If you are going to allow it, then why not politics in the main forum, or threads from the bullshit forum?

K'OB likes this.
  14. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Well Waterboy the issue is now resolved but let me explain why it was a question.

BS Forum isn't about Jets football, Politics forum isn't about Jets football, NFL Forum isn't about Jets football. But Draft for Jets is about Jets football. There are some Jet forums that allow Draft on the main Jet forum. When one or two draft threads popped on the Jets main forum I didn't move them but then it became more than a few. So just wanted to get the opinions from folks that's all.

K'OB likes this.
  15. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

I could somewhat appreciate that point of view if it wasn't for the fact there is a draft forum for draft related threads. My issue was that if you allowed it, there would be a multitude of people posting one of their 100 mock drafts so they could come back later proclaiming how right they were about their one pick, neglecting to mention how wrong they were about the other 500 picks. The issue has been decided so this is all a mute point anyway.

I'm bored so used "mute" instead of "moot" to see if anyone was still paying attention for the There...Their....They're thread

16. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Sorry to hear that. I don't think I can have flowers delivered during Coronapalooza. Maybe next time. :/ GWS

Jets69 likes this.
  17. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

:p wow! i have to admit that it is true, however.

18. mr nyjet

:p:p double points. that is truly genius level sarcasm ! i wish you would be hired by the team just to deal with manish metha of the daily news...

19. mr nyjet

keep a positive attitude.... the one good thing about coronapoluzza is it kept taylor swift from touring....

Jets69 likes this.
  20. GreenFan15J

GreenFan15J Well-Known Member

I miss the booing of Roger doesn’t seem like the real thing...yet

Brook! likes this.