Draft Poll -- Predict the Jets' 1st round pick.

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Truth4U2, Apr 19, 2015.

?

Who do you predict we take in the 1st round?

Poll closed Apr 28, 2015.
  1. Marcus Mariota

23.2%
  2. Shane Ray

13.4%
  3. Randy Gregory

6.1%
  4. Vic Beasley

24.4%
  5. Brandon Scherff

2.4%
  6. Amari Cooper

28.0%
  7. Kevin White

4.9%
  8. Bud Dupree

3.7%
  9. Dante Fowler jr.

7.3%
  10. Some other player

6.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

maybe there is a small chance he doesn't go in round 1 but I would bet $1,000 he wouldn't be there after round 2.

edit: I just saw Mcshay claiming he was in the frame for the Jets at #6 and the buzz is he could be a top half of the first round pick, so make that $10,000 :p

2. JetsfanHBca

JetsfanHBca Active Member

I'd be stoked with : Fowler, Beasley, Cooper or Mariota
    OK with : Gregory
    Unhappy : White, Dupree, Ray
    Livid : Scherff

Thinking Gurley Goes to SD at 17

CleveSteve likes this.
  3. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be happy with Ray or Dupree but White is the perfect situation for our WRs, tons of talent and not required to immediately produce

4. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

if the jets take him at 6 it will be the worst pick in franchise history. which says alot given our history.

Mac would deserve to be fired on that pick alone.

it would be like the trent richardson disaster. while we watch cooper and white have mosnter seasons, and fowler and beasly post double digit sacks.

5. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Guess you haven't heard of Vernon Gholston or some of the shitty QBs the Jets have drafted in the past. Gurley is far better then Trent Richardson. That isn't even debatable if you look at how they both play the game.

You need to relax and stop overreacting, if Gurley has 9 or 10 straight seasons of 1000 yards rushing and ends up catching 50 passes a season, you won't be saying shit. See, I can play that game too.

6. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

What are you talking about? You have no idea how any of them will turn out.

7. 101GangGreen101

IDK, I have a feeling Miami might snatch him at 14. I don't want to face that guy twice a yr F that.

8. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

Mariota would be my first choice followed by Fowler but I firmly believe both will be gone so I am going with Cooper as he has the best chance of being there at 6. Honestly if MM, Cooper, Williams, Winston and Fowler are gone at 6 I would try to trade down but at that point most of the guys worth trading up for are gone.

9. jerseyjay14

he could have 15 1,000 yard seasons and i still wouldnt care. its a running back. they are a dime a dozen. you can get any duo or trio to get you 1200-1400 yards.

ghoslton was a bust. thats different then just wasting a pick on a running back. its one thing to swing and miss, its another to throw a pick away.

taking a RB at #6 is basically the dumbest thing you can do in the NFL draft.

10. 101GangGreen101

Considering no RB has ever had 15 consecutive 1000 yard seasons, I'd say you are full of shit. That would not be dime a dozen. Even so, to have the effect of someone like a Marshawn Lynch that can carry a team - you have to consider that. Running games are still valuable in the league today.

No it's not different then Gholston, because you said Gurley would be the worst pick in franchise history. Over a kicker, shitty QBs and a TE that can't catch. Gurley would not be throwing the pick away - WTF are you talking about you make 0 sense right now. If you don't like Gurley just say it, don't be a bullshitter.

11. jerseyjay14

lynch didnt carry anything. that defense and their QB did. lynch was great, but that team does just as well with whatever HB you throw back there. running games are not important. and certainly nowhere near as important as the passing game, offensive line protection, pass rush, secondary play. it is a slight step up from special teams.

he would be the worst pick. Gholston was a bad pick in hindsight cause he was a bust. Gurley is an awful pick now... cause you are wasting it on a runningback. you cant see the future, you never know who will bust and its always a dice roll to some extent, but taking a running back is just wasting a pick

12. DMarsh6

DMarsh6 Active Member

want: mariota/cooper
    picks I would understand: Scherff, Gregory, Beasley, Fowler, White, Dupree
    who i think: a LB and I don't know which one is best so I picked Beasley

13. Turbocharged23

Turbocharged23 Well-Known Member

I think facing Suh twice a year is more concerning than facing Gurley. Can't make draft picks on that line of thinking. We need o lineman. We've got three running backs already. We can get one later in the draft.

14. 101GangGreen101

All of the RBs on the roster cept for Powell are on 1 yr contracts. Also, if you want to protect the QB against Suh, you will need to fix the interior offensive line. I don't see us grabbing a G in the first round.

Suh is an issue, that I agree w/ that. If I had it my way - I would avoid facing Gurley all together AND fix the offensive line

15. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

You keep on making dumb over the top statements like this just to prove your argument. Any RB that has 15 1000 yards seasons is going to the HOF. The reason they are so cheap is they don't last very long and they get injured.