Draft Grade

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by tanknyc, Apr 24, 2010.

1. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

2 years of Rex as head coach and one defensive draft pick. This is the only thing that really blows my mind

2. ........

........ Trolls

INC. I have no idea.

I love our first 3 picks as players, and I've been told Conner will be fantastic when TRich leaves, but I don't know how to grade our draft until I see how the pieces fit. We seem to have a few holes here up front on defense, but let's see how things pan out heading into the season.

3. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

I'm pretty sure you're right. We will definitely be at the bottom of the AFC east all is doomed. SOJ :rolleyes:

4. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

This draft made a lot of sense:

Kyle Wilson, CB- Great pick. We now have a lethal secondary. (Grade: A+)

Vladimir Ducasse, G - We have the best O-Line anchor in Mangold and D'Brick, so Vlad will fit in nicely. He won't be amazing out of the gate, but I don't see us crying about Faneca much. (Grade: A)

Joe McKnight, RB - I love this pick. Leon may never be the same player he was, and Joe McKnight gives us similar explosiveness. I can see him being a great replacement. (Grade: A)

John Conner, FB - T-Rich isn't going to be around after next season, so John can be our FB for the future. Still would have loved some additional depth at D-Line. (Grade: B)

5. Bricket-head

Bricket-head Active Member

¡ʇı sʇǝƃ ʇɐɥʇ ǝuoǝɯos ʎllɐuıℲ

6. GreenMachine

Just for reference:

7. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

I would Give our draft an A-
    Easily!

But W/Losing Leon in the process, makes it a B
    Especially since the move was done for a 5th.
    If Leon were traded or involved in a trade for a higher pick then maybe but a friggin 5th?

8. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

This was a great draft. We got can't miss future starters with every pick; and for some, that future is in September.

Can anybody remember a Jets draft where every pick panned out? There were no guys here that we just cross our fingers and hope for the best with. You can dispute the value of McKnight, I don't think he will ever be an every down back, but he will contribute immediately and often.

9. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

F's across the board:

Kyle Wilson (F)- The Jets could have have Clausen, Campbell and McCoy, guys that had fallen further. This was a giant reach compared to those guys. Not too mention the Jets alredy have Drew Coleman and Dwight Lowery. A total head scratcher.

Vlad Ducasse (F) - I am so disappointed the Jets didn't move up to get fat bastard. No DE or NT and the Oline was the best in the league last year. This guy has Adrian Clark written all over him.

Joe McNight (F)- What no Defensive end? Wasted pick.

John Connor- (F) IF the Jets were going to draft the fucking Terminator why not draft Schwarzenegger?

There is my unbiased opinion on the Jets draft.

10. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

Ducasse is in the best possible situation, between two pro-bowlers and next to maybe the best lineman in football period in Mangold. If he's the man there, I still haven't given up on Slauson just because he looks so badass :smile:

And I would much rather have the best fullback in the NFL for the next 10 years than a prospect at DT/DE, save that for the UFAs. When the draft is over, and we bring in about 12-15 widebodies, people will stop worrying about depth, I hope.

11. JETFIGHTERS

JETFIGHTERS Active Member

A- or B+

According to Walter Football's Draft grades:

2010 NFL Draft Grades:

29. Kyle Wilson, CB, Boise State
    How did the Jets obtain one of the top cornerback prospects in the 2010 NFL Draft at No. 29? Insane. (Pick Grade: A)

61. Vladimir Ducasse, G/OT, UMass
    This is not a need at all, but it certainly will be down the line when Alan Faneca moves on. Vladimir Ducasse fits the range and can play multiple positions up front. Another good pick. (Pick Grade: A)

112. Joe McKnight, RB, USC
    Great value, as Joe McKnight was a Round 2-3 prospect. LaDainian Tomlinson is old and Leon Washington is coming off an injury. The Jets had no sure thing behind Shonn Greene. (Pick Grade: A)

139. John Conner, FB, Kentucky
    A very good blocker, John Conner should be a quality fullback in New York for years to come. (Pick Grade: A)

We were the only team to receive straight A's for all of our picks.

12. ........

........ Trolls

The only real complaint anyone could have about this draft has to do with who we DIDN'T take. I don't see a complaint with any of the guys we DID take, even though I don't know much about Conner. Still, I'm curious to see how the team looks heading into camp before I worry about whether we blew it by not upgrading the front 7.

13. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

Connor - First Team All American FB - Been bashing in SEC LB's Facemasks for the better part of 4 years at UK... he plays angry!!!

14. JETFIGHTERS

JETFIGHTERS Active Member

A- to B+ draft philosophy

A- we have the best DBs in the NFL hands down. We had an excellent FA. If you can not throw on us because every WR is "covered" that "unleashes" the blitz.We just got better with Jason Taylor. Faneca, its been said was a "liability" he will get Sanchez killed, we can not afford that. The "upgrade" on the line was a no brainer.

B+ not really sure about the fullback move just yet, we got "the best" does it mean TR is a goner? Is this kid learning from the best this year to ensure we always have the best FB? I hope the later. That ensures our running game. Does that mean the kid was drafted this year to ensure next year?

All our picks will start right away with the exception of maybe the FB position, another trade for TR or a release? If TR leaves, all our picks will start right away or in mid season, but they will all start.

Excellent FA
    Excellent Draft

#34 JETFIGHTERS, Apr 24, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2010
  15. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

I would give it a C, not counting the WR trades. Liked the first two picks, but I don't get why we gave up a pick with Leon and I don't like how we didn't address the D-Line at all.

16. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

Because we drafted at so many positions that I didn't think we had a need at, I'll just say that I have faith in the FO. However, if anything we gained a need from this draft. Is Vlad really ready to start at LG? If he can, I trust Callahan to get him ready.

17. GreenGiant 32

GreenGiant 32 New Member

Nothing stupider than immediately grading a draft before any of the players have even had the opportunity to participate in team activities.

18. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

What's scary is that we have the potential for the greatest secondary in NFL history..

19. Doogstein

Doogstein Member

I'm going with a B+. It would have been an A if we got Cam Thomas at his amazing value or Greg Hardy who just went at pick 175. Wilson will be a stud in our secondary for years. IMO our #1 and #2 CB are set for a loooooonnnnngggggg time. Ducasse will be a monster once he becomes more polished to the point where he may be considered one of the best overall lineman from this draft including the LT's. Mckinght is a game changer with the ball in his hands and has almost the same skillset of Leon which IMO is better cuz we only got younger there (not that Leon was old) and no MAJOR injuries to be concerned with. And John Connor was a great pickup for the future of our team. T-Rich is 37. Thats ancient from a football standpoint. Who better to learn from than the Aristotle of the FB position? It just really would've been nice to get Cam Thomas along with these picks. IN TANNY WE TRUST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. 3lixer.

3lixer. Active Member

Reports were Leon was going to be cut by the Jets so at least we got a pick for him instead of nothing. Hiring Alvin Keels as an agent was the downfall of Leon as a NYJ.