Draft Do-Over

Discussion in 'Draft' started by DoubleDecker87, May 14, 2014.

1. NYJets17

NYJets17 Well-Known Member

Brandin Cooks looks VERY good already and Brees isnt even throwing to him...I might have picked him

2. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Unfortunately Idzik will have to put not drafting Cooks on his unemployment application in 3 years.

3. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

The Idzik supporters will say he could have injured like McDougle

4. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Talk about whiffs made on draft day: Think about how the future of this team would be looking if we had seriously pursued J Garappolo our former interviewed prospect.??? Had 2 scoring drives against Philadelphia last night and looked great for rookie. Please compare with how Geno looked after leaving WV? I was pushing for his signing but the Jets handed him to NE!! Sorry, makes me sick how FO does these things.

5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I think Cooks is gonna be a star. I really wanted the Jets to take him in the first round and think it was a big mistake not to take him, but we all need to hope that Idzik isn't looking for a job in 3 years. I don't think he will be, either.

6. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I was a huge Cook's supporter and wanted the Jets to draft him.

The small glimpses of Calvin Pryor may change everyone's mind in the near future. I liked Pryor, but never thought the Jets would go defense, especially Safety in Rd 1. I'm getting a strong feeling Pryor is going to be something special.

It's still early to evaluate Cooks & Pryor, but my money is on Pryor having a more successful career. I see pro-bowl potential in Pryor.

KerleyFries and Br4d like this.
  7. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Brandin Cooks is going to be a very good NFL receiver, probably in the slot. Calvin Pryor has a chance to be Pro Bowl Safety. I much prefer a strong defense to a great offense. It's too easy to put up pinball numbers in the regular season and then get knocked down by a great defense at the end.

I'm really warming up to the Amaro pick. It's the chip on his shoulder and his recent production that has me excited. He's going to be no fun to cover if he keeps this up and I'm not sure the Jets have had a TE like that since Mickey Shuler.

abyzmul likes this.
  8. Br4d

We got really lucky that Ebron and Beckham were both taken early. Neither of them is going to be close to the player that Calvin Pryor will be for us.

9. Br4d

Grading on injuries? Really?

To me an injured rookie is an incomplete in the books.

10. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Has Odell Beckham Jr even put on a helmet this off-season?

Thank GOD we passed on him.

11. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

I was giving Idzik a D- on the pick but not because of the injury. Rather it was because there were much better WR's on the board in the 4th round that we could have taken. He's a possession receiver with not much upside IMO. A D- may be harsh so I'll give it a C- instead. However I do take into account an injury when grading Idzik's draft when that player had a season ending injury the year prior. Hopefully McDougle proves me wrong but that's a red flag to me. Love the Amaro pick by Idzik as I wanted him all along. I think he got Pryor right too. Bruce Ellington would've looked good in Green.

12. Br4d

We didn't get a chance to pass on him. The Giants bailed us out by taking him on the 12 pick. I'm guessing that is one of the picks people point at in a couple of years when the Giant have bottomed out.

13. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I messed up my post whoops - but you get the picture.

14. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I said many times Jarvis Landry was going to be the better pro. Jarvis has looked really good, so far, for the Phins. I know the coaches and fans really like him.

I didn't hate Beckham, but liked Cooks a lot more.

It's too early to judge any of these players, Beckham may emerge and stay healthy.

15. Br4d

Beckham could be an ok NFL receiver and a great return man. I'm thinking that is his ceiling. I'd have been ok with the Jets taking him in the 3rd round if he was there.

16. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

GMs must have the gift of foresight. Idzik doesn't - hence the F.

FJF likes this.
  17. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

I'll play.
    The rules I played by was I could only draft players that were actually still on the board when the Jets drafted and I could only take players who I had made a case for the Jets drafting before the draft and not with hindsight adding players here and there because they turned out well. With that said here are my two runs on the draft.

Round 1 Teddy Bridgewater. QB
    Round 2 Jace Amaro. TE
    Round 3 Donte Moncrief. WR
    Round 4 De'Anthony Thomas. RB
    Round 4 Walt Aikens. CB
    Round 4 Dakota Dozier. OG
    Round 5 EJ Gaines. CB
    Round 6 Ahmad Dixon. SS
    Round 6 Antonio Richardson. OT
    Round 6 Anthony Steen. OG
    Round 6 Shayne Skov. ILB
    Round 7 Dion Bailey. FS

Note there are players that in hindsight with the way they are currently playing I'd swap out for, but I never talked about them as Jets targets in the draft so didn't put them in here.

Turbocharged23 likes this.