Draft analysis from nfldraftcountdown.com

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsUK, Apr 28, 2009.

1. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Drew Brees tore his shoulder much like Pennington did at the end of the season of his contract so SD let him walk. Apparently he made a better recovery than Chad did. :shit:

at least the Dolphins signed Culpepper instead :up:

2. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

:rofl:

No offense ment, but someone Googling STFU really made me lol.

I reminds me of the scene in office space where they look up money laundering in the dictionary.:up:

3. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

One thing that troubles me on this drafts analysis. I listened to a lot of them yesterday.

Analysist say we had a great draft for getting a highly rated QB. Even though we ended up with the fewest picks of the draft.

Tampa Bay, a team who is in a very similar situation as us, got Freeman at 17th (our original spot) giving up a 6th to move up and analyists are saying they had a terrible draft.

Seems like the draft grades this year are even more of a reach then usual.

4. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

They got a bad grade because of who they drafted, not because of what they gave up to get there.

5. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I know it was because of who they drafted. But Freeman is just as much of a "potential" franchise QB as Sanchez is. Just because TB already has some JAG QBs doesn't mean it wasn't a worthwhile chance to take.

You never know with this stuff. Announcers were shocked when NE selected Bledsoe over Mirer. Analyists were praising the Ryan Leaf pick over Peyton Manning.

#25 ouchy, Apr 29, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2009
  6. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Dude, no.

There is a big reason why the Jets moved up 12 spots, and didn't sit at 17 for, Freeman.

Freeman screams, BUST. I am so fucking happy we didn't go after this kid. I would have been furious.

7. mst3000

mst3000 Member

Ryan Leaf picked over Manning? Manning was selected first overall...

8. ToonWalker

ToonWalker New Member

Actually, I've heard nothing but praise for his footwork. Phil Simms, after watching game tape and, especially, his pro day, was floored by his superior footwork. One of the reasons he though he was the better prospect over Stafford.

9. ToonWalker

ToonWalker New Member

You seriously don't see why a star college QB taken with the #5 overall pick gets more hype than an undrafted free agent nobody QB and a 3-year backup QB?

10. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Freeman doesn't have what it takes mentally. He has this deer in the headlights look about him.

11. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

He's a Daunte Culpepper clone.

12. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

without a Moss to make him look good.

13. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Exactly. Isn't it funny how every QB Moss has played for he makes look better (except Andrew Walter). He turned Pennington into a 1st round pick, Culpepper into a multi millionaire, Jeff George had his best passing rating in the 1999 season with Minnesota, Cunningham had his best passing season in 1998 with Moss, and Brady finally was able to complete some down the field passes with Moss. He's made every QB he's ever played for better. And yes, without a Moss, I don't see a bright future for Freeman

14. MobiusOne28

MobiusOne28 New Member

Very well said. This is exactly what I see as well.

Everyone who thinks that Freeman is a prospect who's even in the same league as Sanchez is letting his big arm and size blind them.

15. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

Yeah, I was pretty embarrassed once I saw what it meant. I'm just glad google is anonymous. Who knows what other obvious shit I've looked up. The worst was when I had to ask someone about 10 years ago what LOL meant. I felt like an old guy who couldn't set the VCR time.