Don't count Wes Welker out of Jets/Pats week 2

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TonyIommi, Jun 8, 2010.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

That is almost a certainty. Maybe it will be Brokeneck Mountain.

2. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

Bring on Welker in Week 2, let the LB and Safeties hit him and hit him hard.

3. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I like how the new Jets players need to be on the same page but the Pats rookies are just "highly regarded" and Torry Holt has no question marks. :up:

We are fans btw, not the Jets. I'm sure Rex has had the Pats offense figured out for months already, we're just getting around to figuring it out.:smile:

4. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Nobody is assuming that Moss will be shut down in a contract year. He will just be shut down for two of the games. I'm sure he will be beastly in the other 14.

5. DaftGreen

DaftGreen Member

I really wish Tanny brought in Bernard Pollard.

6. AJayJay

AJayJay New Member

I think a lot of you are underestimating Welker. The guy is a warrior. He'll be ready. Someone posted the stat line of the game last year where he went off on us.

I would like to see Revis on Moss and get Randy outta the game completely. Then you gotta put either Wilson or Cro on Welker and give them some help either underneath or over the top. Welker's game is all cuts and turns. If you guys remember Wilson isn't used to playing the slot wr. He is used to having and using that sideline as an extra defender, you can't do that against someone like Welker.

This isn't the same old Jet fan mentaility, just respecting the heart and effort Welker brings week in and week out.

7. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Welker is the one guy other than Brady I guess who worries me the most about the Pats. He seems to consistently have great games against the Jets. I respect him and hate him.

8. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Lowery won't have to. We've got him pushed to #4CB spot so I highly doubt we use our #4 CB to cover a top 10 WR (if not a top 5 WR).

9. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

U know what's weird?
    Welker had a devastaing, absolutely Horrible KNEE injury. Ligaments, ripped , shredded ..the whole 9 and that injury lingers and is no guarantee yet people say he'll be fine.

LEON had a broken leg...no tears and something that Docs say 100% recovery is a given because it was clean...etc...

Yet JETS fans treated him like used garbage because of it.

I really don't understand the double standards.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. DownAndOut

DownAndOut Member

Because the grass is always greener and you don't know what you got until it gone.

11. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

I don't know what fans are acting as though Welker will be 100%, but even so, he certainly has shown far more progress than Leon so far this offseason. Leon has yet to even participate in practices.

12. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

He's got balls, but he won't put Wilson on Welker if he's not confident he can get the job done. Moss/Welker are the Pats biggest WR threats, so it only makes sense to put our best corners on them.

IMO, Cro can easily cover Moss assuming help over the top. And Revis is Revis, so Welker will have his work cut out for him. I would much rather see Wilson on an aging Holt (who could barely find work this offseason), than on either of the Pats top-two WRs.

Also, and I hate to admit, but I have a feeling the two rookie TEs for the Pats are going to be productive under Belichick. They both catch the football really well and have Brady throwing to them. Belichick also has a knack for getting many different players involved on offense.

Should be interesting. :jets:

13. ukilledkenny

How many videos have we seen of Leon running and making cuts during OTA's? How many doctors have said Leon is way ahead of schedule on his rehab?

14. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Lowery gets his hands on the ball and causes fumbles. "isn't good" is reserved for Drew Coleman. Lowery is a solid depth CB. He's only good to stick possession receivers.

15. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Drew Coleman should cover Holt so when Coleman gets his fingers caught in Holt's wheelchair we can IR him for the season.

16. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

I do..but they are all Polaroids...sorry bro!

17. WhiteShoeWillis

Lowery's main job as a CB is to cover receivers. He's not good at that. He's about as good as Drew Coleman who everyone hates - slightly better.

18. ukilledkenny

I would agree that he has been underwhelming with his ability to cover but I think saying he is Drew Coleman bad is a bit of a stretch.

19. WhiteShoeWillis

I rate him slightly better, not much. He does well in certain situations, but is very poor in man coverage.

20. ukilledkenny

He definitely is pretty weak in man coverage but he does have that knack for causing turnovers so that does make up for some of it.