Don't bet the farm that Lawrence will save the Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ColoradoContrails, Oct 14, 2020.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Fuck Keyshawn. He's just a big mouth.

REVISion likes this.
  2. JustinDaseezin

JustinDaseezin Active Member

I disagree. WR are a dime a dozen. There are so many of them to pick from and teams move off of them so frequently, I would not invest a top 15 pick in a WR. All that talk about Lamb and Dallas barely beat a winless Falcons and a winless Giants. Dallas is almost winless themselves. Juedy is on the one of the worst offenses in the league. Ruggs only 4 receptions on the year. QB OL DL LB those are priority positions.

3. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

4. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

I was listening to an interview with former Jet Marvin Jones about 3 weeks ago, one of Rich Cimini's radio guests. He mentioned something that pretty much nailed the problem with the Jets, mostly the offense. They have taken on the personality of Gase in a way where there is no emotion, no sense of urgency. If you watch Gase after/between each play all he is doing is burying his head in his play cards. Then when the O is off the field he's marking/making notes. It's as if he's in a laboratory writing equations on a blackboard oblivious to what is taking place around him. He's an X's and O's guy. Not a coach. CJ made a huge mistake on this move and JD is pretty much on the sidelines watching this all go down in flames.

It wouldn't upset me at all if the Jets fall short of the #1. Sam can take this team as far as it's possible - just surround him with a solid offensive line and some decent WR's. Every Jet team I watched from Namath to Sanchez , the successful ones had a dominating OL , very good RB's and very capable WR's. On top of that, the coaching from those teams were not too shabby.

SOJAZ and Sack exchange like this.
  5. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

6. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

He's not right at all. Lawrence is a way better QB than Sam and he'll be on a cheaper contract too. The team will also have a new coach next year.

7. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Lawrence alone will not save the Jets. Lawrence with the proper infrastructure around him can, but it's not a guarantee. We do know that Sam hasn't shown enough to make one confident that he's the answer. Some of it's on Sam(footwork, missing open receivers) and some of it's on the team(poor coaching, below average skill position group).

SOJAZ, blackssmagic and REVISion like this.
  8. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

I watched former Super Bowl Winning QB Joe Flacco yesterday hold onto the ball, take horrible sacks, and stare down wideouts....

SOJAZ likes this.
  9. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

If he gets killed ala David Carr and Tim Couch, will he qualify as a bust or will it just be another sad tale of the Jets wasting a young player's potential?

SOJAZ likes this.
  10. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

This is my exact point, every year we hear about XYZ being the best prospect in years and they dont do shit. If Flacco and B Johnson can win a super bowl, Darnold def can

SOJAZ and hornblower like this.
  11. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

Stick to the program. It's going to take a few years. Better they clean house now than do it piecemeal. If we fans can't see what Douglas is trying to do than we maybe should tune back in a few years down the road.