Done with YouTube Sunday Ticket..

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Aug 16, 2024.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

In this case, I believe that it's YouTube that's doing it and not the NFL.

2. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

3. NCJetsfan

Yes, but I wasn't talking about the price, although that's horrible. I was referring to the auto-renewal and inability to cancel once they deduct the first payment. Would the NFL have set that policy, or is that YouTube?

4. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Virtually every kind of subscription has auto-renewal it seems these days. I'm not sure who would have set that, but I'm sure the NFL has absolutely zero problem with it.

I canceled mine the moment last season ended. Couldn't wait to get rid of that shitty YouTube TV. I have never seen something as overpriced as that.

mezzavo and NCJetsfan like this.
  5. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

I would definitely cancel and go out to the bars and watch them and the ones you can’t make it to, just go to crackstreams and watch it for free.

6. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

YouTube TV is a phenomenal service with dvr, and how easy it usually is to use.

That being said, it's totally overpriced now days, and sometimes you deal with a blackout.

I don't have it anymore, more so cuz I never watch TV.

I just watch YouTube, and stream sports live.

Sent from my genius mind.

7. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

themorey likes this.
  8. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

These services are really out of control. When Peacock streamed the football game last year I skipped it no problem. Then a few months ago I got a deal I couldn't pass up.

1 year of Peacock for 20$ I grabbed it. I got my money's worth watching the Olympics non stop. I doubt I renew it after my year is up.

kevda5n9ne likes this.
  9. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

I got the same, but mine didn’t auto renew. I had to order it. Definitely expensive, but after 15 years of not being able to see but 2-3 jet games a year , had to do it .

Acad23 likes this.
  10. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Yes.

Peacock will exclusively broadcast opening week game between Packers and Eagles that will be played in Brazil. It is a Friday Night game actually.

I have Peacock only to watch English Premier League and don't watch anything else. At least it is cheap. I wait for Black Friday to do the annual plan for half price. Most of the time I have a merchant offer from either Amex or Chase to sweeten the deal.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  11. UK_Chilts

UK_Chilts Well-Known Member

Just get a Firestick and a moody subscription to one of the streaming apps. For example IBPro. Costs me fifty bucks per year for absolutely everything live. All NFL, MLB, all UK football (soccer) top five divisions live, loads of college football. Job done.

I'm not paying a cent to TV companies for their packages. I did have NFL game pass but now they've got DAZN hosting it in the UK from last year it has been shit so I've binned that off too.

mezzavo likes this.
  12. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Yeah I think you'll start to see parameters around it. Right now there are companies that set things to auto renew, then tell you that you need to give them 60-90 days notice to turn it off before annual renewal. It's a total crock and you can logically determine that it takes the vendor a nano second to turn off auto renewal and not 60-90 days.

13. NCJetsfan

Thanks! Are they broadcasting any Jets games? I don't care so much about the Packers/Eagles game. It's cheap, but I have several streaming services and it adds up. I'm looking to cut back.

14. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

No Jets game. Just this 1 game this year.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  15. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

speaking of auto renewing the jets did that with my season tickets I was quite upset. they did finally cancel my tickets.

16. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

This is great...if you live outside the country. Doesn't help the "main landers."

17. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

I've been subscribing to NFL+ for some time now, the last 5 years I believe, and it's nice. However, I've tested and I've never gotten a game for replay until the following day. You can get the highlights same day but the full games show up next day. I'll double check this year just to see if something has changed but, as of last year, this was the case. (EDIT- According to NFL.com, the full game replay IS available shortly after the game ends!!! Now I just have to stay away from any kind of news outlet if I want the score to be a "surprise!" lol) The absolute best part about NFL+ is the different ways you can watch the game. I love watching the "coaches film" because it gives you angles you'll never get on regular TV. Also, I can STILL watch the entire season, right now, until it renews for this year's season on 9/4 for $100. I believe there are cheaper options but this is the full deal and I love the options.

I actually picked up YouTube TV in the hopes of doing Sunday Ticket but, yet again, it's too damned expensive. Love the service and, with the rate that DISH was dropping channels coupled with the price increases, it was good timing. Just make sure your ISP doesn't have a cap on your data download or have at least 1.5TB/month.

#37 mezzavo, Aug 17, 2024
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2024
  18. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Internet isn't an issue.

I thought our game was on yesterday so I signed up, and went to replays when I got home only to see I was a day early, but the Patriots game that was just on showed up with the winner and score. I DO NOT want to do a blackout of the game only to finally go to watch it and have the score ruined.

So I'm trying to find a way around that.

I don't know how to find the season, and all 22, and condensed yet. Any help on that would be appreciated.

Edit: I just noticed the other day was my TGG 20 year anniversary. Damn!

mezzavo likes this.
  19. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

I've never heard of crackstreams, so I just checked it out.
    There's a pre-season game on.
    I hope it streams as well during the season.

20. NCJetsfan

Thanks!