Don Banks - Snap Judgements

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MBGreen, Apr 23, 2008.

1. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

good point, i didn't include the EGO card in my previous post directly above. add that to the mix.

2. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

who would trade up with the patriots to get ryan,when it would be obvious that they would'nt want him?

the only team that would benifit from ryan falling to the #7 spot is the team with the #8 spot. duh.

3. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

a team wouldn't trade up to #7 to prevent the Patriots from taking Ryan....they would trade up to #7 to prevent another team from beating them to the punch.

4. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

yes, but a team that wants ryan would'nt move to a spot they know he definatly won't be picked. they know the pats are not looking for a QB, so why move to the 7 spot and dole out more money? let the pats pick, then talk trade with the next team, in the #8 slot.

i understand your logic, but the only time a team can really hold you hostage is when you fear they may want the guy you want. teams like the JETS, RAVENS, CHIEFS, DOLPHINS, FALCONS, ETC. If ryan gets past the jets, everyone knows he will get past the pats. the negotiating begins at #8.

5. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I would agree with you..if the Ravens weren't picking at #8....if Ryan is there, they'll probably pick him.

And teams know that...so they're gonna try and trade to the 7th spot to prevent the Ravens from picking him.

There won't be any negotiations at the #8 pick.

That's the point I was trying to make. :)