Dolphins @ Jets Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RobA, Sep 17, 2017.

1. LV Coach

LV Coach Well-Known Member

NC Jets Fan,
    I don't think that we will win enough to keep Bowles as HC. At least that's what I want to happen. He really didn't do anything stupid today (for a change). The worst decision was to put Burris back in at the end. The Fins scored the TD against hi. But a few penalties on their last drive gave them better field position then they deserved.

2. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

I love how these topic threads take a 90° turn, them it turns to violence, God I love being a Jets fan, the team may be pitiful, but the fans supply greater entertainment.

CONN-JET.2.0.3. likes this.
  3. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

I don't really know how to feel about the game. Hard not to be excited but I know that wins don't really do much for us this season. If this is the only win we get this year, it would be fine by me although I know i'll get murdered on this forum for saying that.

I'm looking at wins/losses from the perspective of the future, how do we get ourselves out of QB purgatory and actually become relevant once again.

On a side note, Moore should have been put in the game and Cutler should have been benched.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  4. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Team played hard today ,,,that said The Fish looked really bad,,,,Jets D looked good but the Dolphins offensive line looked really bad. Cutler played bad missed open guys, Cutler missed Landry on a wide open TD but Dolphin receivers had many drops .Enjoy the win guys , hard for me to enjoy as it it what it is.

5. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I can see it now, the Giants will end up with the #1 pick and they will select the next Peyton or Brady and the Jets will still suck as another 50 years go by.

6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

You don't bench $10mil buks.

Red Menace likes this.
  7. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

He was atrocious out there. Ravens benched Flacco too as they were being embarrassed by the Jags.

8. Cman68

Cutler looked like 2016 Fitz today.

9. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

I agree that that is the mindset, and it is just as monumentally stupid for the Dolphins to think that now as it was for the Jets to think that last year.

Cutler was fantastically awful, and should have been pulled at the start of the fourth quarter if not earlier.

The Dark Knight and Cman68 like this.
  10. Cman68

I wholeheartedly agree. Its this "common knowledge" thing that is hurting more franchises as that thinking is outdated. Kinda like young Qb's need a mentor. What they need is a good QB coach and OC instead of paying a JAG looking for his last payday good money for marginal performances.

11. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Great Jets win! That was a lot of fun today. My favorite part was when Adams was flagged for having emotion and caring about a game, while yelling at Cutler who could care less what was going on. Honestly, Jay was pathetic. One of the worst QB performances I have ever seen. He was so bad, it is hard for me to tell how good the Jets D actually was.

The future could be bright though, as some of the young Jets began to flash today. Hope it continues. I haven't read anything on the board yet, but I bet half of you are mad the Jets won right? Classic. I say bring on the Jags! Decent chance the Jets can get back to .500 next week.

101GangGreen101 and JetBlue like this.
  12. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

Well, today was disappointing. Two more days like today and it will set the franchise back another 15 years.

13. The Dark Knight

At least you picked a good username!

14. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I'm conflicted about the draft position but squishing the fish is always satisfying.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  15. Cman68

Well, we win another game or two and there's no reason to keep this thread open anyway. Nothing like a .500 season to keep hope alive for another 50 years. Good thing we already have our FQB in McClown so we can draft another BPA-D guy in 2018. Kinda takes Macc off the hook AND buys another year for Hack to develop into the FQB. win/win

We beat a hapless Dolphins team today. yay..

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  16. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Jags are gonna run us over...

17. Cman68

They put 44 on the Ravens today..

18. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

He's just such an uninspired looking player. Like he doesn't give a shit out there.

Dan Wiederer (Bears beat reporter) said this on Twitter regarding Cutler: "Had a teammate who genuinely liked Jay tell me this once, "He thinks everybody else is an idiot. That's the baseline he works off."

Brandon Marshall wasn't much of a fan himself although I'm not sold on taking things he says seriously because he's a douche in his own right.

A former player whom didn't have much of an NFL career laughed off Cutler as a leader. I forget who it was though.

19. Cman68

He's a $10mil rental that leaks oil and bad brakes.

20. The Dark Knight

I think differently than many on here though. I think if they play well or look good, it is great to build on. If they were a hopeless (0-16) team I would be much more concerned. They are not going to be a contender in the end. Anything the young guys do in a positive way is great. McCown is old and not the future, but I am also happy to see him playing pretty well. Good for him. Still, like I wrote earlier, I am not sure how good the Jets actually did today defensively. I saw open WR and Cutler just completely missed them. Truly horrendous. I bet that locker room in Miami is going to become toxic as many like Matt Moore and there is no doubt he would have done better than Cutler today.

Bottom line for the Jets, is they just need to keep building. Some pieces looked good today. Hope it continues. I get wanting to tank, but in 2017 it is really hard. Many teams are bad. Maybe more than half the league.