Dolphins fan checks in on the AFC East

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dr. Love, May 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

What's really interesting about this conversation is that I see no Jet's fans who are arguing the Jets are going to be good and yet the Fin fans reaction to "the Fins are going to be disappointing" is generally "well the Jets will be worse."

Guess what?

The Jets aren't going to be particularly good this year and the odds are that the Fins aren't either. It's just one of those years. And whether the Jets are 2 games worse than the Fins or 3 probably doesn't change the situation above at all.

2. ACertainShade

ACertainShade Banned

Lets end this all right now. AFC East will suck this year. Only reason we will even have a playoff team is because whichever team goes 10-6 will win the division.

3. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

When you come into another mans house.... Do you put your shoes up on the table? Do you take food withought asking? Do you open doors you have no right opening? We have the Trash Talking forum for people to talk trash. Go wild.

And I'm sorry.... When was the last time your team was in the Playoffs? As of late the Jets have been one of the top teams in the East. Your Fins have done nothing as of late. And the only thing you can give out are predictions. So please. Don't talk trash.

4. Big Poppa Naich

Big Poppa Naich Active Member

I'm sorry, but Culpepper is majorly overrated. He is also a huge upgrade over anybody they've had in the last 3 years. I think the fins will win 8-10 games, the Jets will probably win 6-8 games.

5. Tailgater

Tailgater New Member

Please. The pats will have 5 wins in the division alone as they have the last 3 years. With the East schedule this year, the Fins will be at least one game better at 10-6, and the Pats are likely to go 12-4 or 13-3. Their toughest games, against Broncos & Colts, with only the Bengals o nthe road.

Buffalo - W
    @N.Y. Jets- W
    Denver- W
    @Cincinnati - L (if Palmer is 100%)
    Miami - W
    BYE
    @Buffalo- W
    @Minnesota - W
    Indianapolis - W
    N.Y. Jets - W
    @Green Bay - W
    Chicago - W
    Detroit - W
    @Miami - L
    Houston - W
    @Jacksonville - W
    @Tennessee - W

After further review, it's a lock for 14-2....again! :D

6. ACertainShade

ACertainShade Banned

Lol. K. Whatever you say.

7. PhinPhan1227

PhinPhan1227 New Member

Moronic comment. Chambers and McMichael both have great hands and regularly make circus catches. As for Culpepper, if you bothered to check the actual stats you would see that his best year came when Moss was either out or injured.

8. Dr. Love

Dr. Love Banned

You're lucky you received a warning and didn't just get banned.

Oh NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Dr. Love

Dr. Love Banned

Exactly what did I say to get a warning?

OK, now go back and check things said by Jetfans here. Uh huh.

It's because I am a Phin fan, period.

BTW, most pundits are picking the Phins to do something this year for obvious reasons. To compare where the Phins are to the Jets right now is silly. Of course anything can happen, but if you Jetfans had a gun to your head and were forced to pick the AFC east winner, many of you pick the Phins, many pick the Pats.ONE pick the Jets. 2 years away, minimum.

10. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I'd pick the Pats in that gun-to-head situation.
    Two years away is a bit much.
    I expect the Jets to be about 5-11 in 2006 and a playoff contender in 2007.

11. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

How about:

or

Actually you started with the name calling. A guy said he thought the shot Thomas took was cheap, and you replied by name calling. Then when I tried to point out why someone would see the shot that way, you resorted to name calling with me as well. When I said NOTHING remotedly aggressive. It has nothing to do with you being a Phins fans. Blitz is a constant poster here, and we have several others that engage in intelligent debate. There are also Pitt, NE, Tampa fans that post here. The difference is they don't act like 6th graders.

Like I said before, think about what people were saying about the Phins before the start of the season last year, and think about the Jets this year. Those in glass houses.....

#91 dabrowsk1, May 26, 2006
    Last edited: May 26, 2006
  12. Dr. Love

Dr. Love Banned

[​IMG]

Wow. Sorry. I......I didn't know.

There there.

#92 Dr. Love, May 27, 2006
    Last edited: May 27, 2006
  13. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

Heres your detail...since you don't seem to know what your rivals have on their roster I'll make it easy for you,

Lost:
    signed:

QB's :

Gus Frerotte
    Sage Rosenfels
    Joey Harrington​

RB's :

Ricky Williams

FB's :

Fred Beasley​

TE's :

Justin Peele​
    Keith Heinrich​

WR's :

David Boston
    Kelly Cambell​
    Bryan Gilmore

OT's :

Stockar McDougle
    Mike Person​
    LJ Shelton​

LB's :

Junior Seau
    Sedrick Hodge​
    Kieth Newman ​

CB's :

Reggie Howard
    Andre' Goodman​
    Sam Madison
    Will Allen​
    Kiwaki Thomas

S's :

Lance Schulters
    Deke Cooper​
    Tebucky Jones
    Ronaldo Hill​

2006 Draft additions:
    Pick:

1) Jason Allen
    2) Daunte Culpepper
    3) Derek Hagan
    4) Joe Toledo
    5) Manny Wright (2005 sup draft)
    6)Cleo Lemon (Trade player/pick)
    7a)Fred Evans
    7b) Rodrique Wright
    7c)Devin Aromashodu

Coaching additions:

Dom Capers
    Mike Mularkey

Miami has upgraded nearly every player they lost with the excption being Ricky Williams.
    I don't know why you think talkin trash about Daunte is acceptable, but it makes you look like a hard core
    homer that fears his ability. No one in the business thinks Daunte isn't a top tier QB. For some reason only fans of the Dolphins division rivals think Daunte isn't an elite QB...GO FIGURE!!! We are not done adding and subtracting from our roster.

#93 feelthepain, May 27, 2006
    Last edited: May 27, 2006
  14. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

That's makin it easy? :rofl:

15. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

It;s not going to be as good as it's been for most of the last decade but I don't think it will be nearly as bad as last year. I think NE will be better, Maimi about the same and I don't think the Jets and Bills will be as bad as last year. It won't be a killer division but it won't be brutal either.

His best statistical year was 2004 and Msos did msis a few games and wasn't used much in others BUT he was there almost every game and was a major decoy. whether he's 100% or 50% he has to be accounted for and that opened up the passing game for daunte. it didn't help daunte lead Minny to wins as they were only 8-8 and we saw what he did last yar w/ no threat of Moss around.

16. nyjunc

Where exactly are the upgrades? Besdies FB where exactly did you upgrade?

17. BLITZKRIEG

BLITZKRIEG New Member

I'm not basing my team on anything. I'm using the "current odds" to give you and idea of how wrong you are when saying, "The Phinz have just as many holes as the Jets do"....

Although the odds don't show the holes, it gives us a good indication of what the majority of the odds makers / general public think. Obviously, at 100/1 they think the Jets are one of the teams with the most holes in the league....

That comment you made about about the Phinz having an equal amount of holes, is laughable in my opinion. The Jets are the worst team in the division right now. Learn it, know it, live it.....

18. nyjunc

I'd agree we have more questions going into the seaon but it's lauaghable that phins fans think you are so superior to us. You tend to forget we had an incredible amunt of injuries last year and even w/ Miami playing t's best football of the season we nearly beat you at Miami w/ a 4th string QB, 3rd string RB, battered OL, missing 2 PB caliber DL, our best defensive player from '04 and more and you needed a weak call on a non-PI call against Coles to hold us off. We aren't going to be great, you guys have a chance to be pretty good but it's not guranteed you'll be better than us and going into the year i think we are better than buf but us and Buf are close. The pecking order is NE definitely #1, Miami should be #2 and us and Buf fighting for #3.

19. L3JET

L3JET Active Member

I don't see how a picture of your mom performing her rendition of "the nutcracker" during halftime of the Miami Heat game is supposed to get under our skin.

20. BLITZKRIEG

BLITZKRIEG New Member

There's a difference between being superior, and having a lesser amount of holes. The Phinz have a lesser amount of holes.....

I didn't forget, but injuries are part of the game. You either have the depth to deal with it, or you don't. Every team in the league has to compensate for injuries on a yearly basis, the Jets aren't a special case here. It sucks when one of your best players goes down, but that's the nature of the game. As far as a bad call against Coles, how often do we see that???..It happens all the time, and is out of our control.

Did that one bad call give Miami the win???... Probably not...

The only thing that I'll gurantee is that the Phinz will finish ahead of the Jets in the final standings. If I'm wrong, I'll eat crow, if not??...no big deal. It's not like I'm guarnateeing anything outlandish. In fact, most people think Miami will have a better season than the Jets, except the Jets fans of course....

I think Miami has a good chance to knock off the Pats this year. They've has a lot of turnover on their roster this off-season. As for the Jets / Bills, I'm expecting no more than 7 wins for both teams in 2006. Both of you are in a rebuilding phase at this time....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.