Dolphins fan checks in on the AFC East

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dr. Love, May 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

And in a previous post you said we should listen to your perspective on the Phins since you are a fan and might know more (paraphrasing here). Why are you unwilling to do the same with what people are telling you about Herm?

It is not that simple. Herm REFUSED to play the young players and drove the older ones into the ground. That is why there is no depth and so many of the players on the depth chart are still question marks. Herm and Bradway brought Chad back WAY to early, which contributed to his second injury. Herm was horrible in game time situations, horrible with the play clock, and constantly passed the buck. He got where he did playing with the people Parcells brought in, and when they got old, he had no vision and no clue how to adapt and build a team. Then when something went wrong he passed the buck.

When things got to bad, he did everything he could to force his way out, leaving the team in crappy shape on his way out. Yes the Jets got to the playoffs with Herm, but that was more inspite of Herm than because of him.

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

It's not that you didn't say it, because it's certainly what you meant, but that you didn't have the balls to say it.

3. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

I never said you were wrong about Herm for the way you feel about him, I just told you (fans) how I feel about him. I then pointed out that Herm did similar things with the Jets as Parcells, I also never said Bill didn't do anything with the Jets I asked "what did he do"?, Knowing the answer already I then responded with "Herm lead the Jets to the playoffs too. Stop over analyizing what I say.

As for Herm, you could have done worse....speaking from experience!!! Like I said before Herm wasn't the best coach in the NFL and he certainly wasn't the worst. At least under Herm you made the playoffs and you got to enjoy beating Wanny and the Fins for a few years, it wasn't all bad for christ sakes.

#323 feelthepain, Jun 1, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2006
  4. abyzmul

You didn't know the answer. In fact, I don't even think you understood the point you were posing an answer to, or you were just feigning ignorance, but either way you response was (typically?) inadequate.

5. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

Ok, ok I see now. We should listen to what you say about the Phins because you are a fan and you know more than us. If we have a bad and/or negative opinion of the Phins it is because we are biased. We should listen to you about the Jets, because even though we are fans, you still know more about them. And your opinions of the Jets are never biased.

And did you completely ignore all of the opinions and perspectives here? Yes we made it to the playoffs, but it was inspite of Herm not because of him.

Ah, nevermind...

6. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

DID I SAY YOU MUST LISTEN TO WHAT I SAY???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

IT WAS MY OPINION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FORUM..........................OPINION...............................GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. abyzmul

Come on, you're almost there, let's see the money shot!

8. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Ok...just give me a minute...my 6 year old is finishing his "math". As soon as hes done I will let him read your above post...he will explain it to me...and then I will respond.

9. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

Good, glad to see you Jet fans have a system. I guess your dog "Green Machine" has to type for you too, huh?? I don't even want to know who has to wipe your behind!!!

10. ROCaMOB

ROCaMOB New Member

Chads issues were Herms fault.. he rushed him back on the field. And all of the other injuries -- if Herm ran a football practice and not a band camp then the players would probably be prepared to play a 16 game season.

And how can you call out the jets history? WTF have the dolphins done since 72??? A superbowl where they were GREATLY outmatched in and a few playoff games where they usually choked in the first round. WOW I'm impressed..

11. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Please stop w/ the nonsense. Chad was cleared to play and wanted to play and was our best option. Herm only had really serious injuries in 2005, we were always one of the halthier teams in the league which is why we were successful. The major problem was our most important offenseive and defensive players(Abe was our best not most important D player) were injury prone.

12. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

A gimpy Chad was our best option? So why'd they bring in Fiedler? Just in case Chad landed in an ICU? How is it that we as fans could see that he was cleary not 100%, but Herm couldn't? Sure he was cleared to play, but you as a coach still have to make the decision. Look at his throws. Even players on the Dolphins were calling him out on his weak arm after that first game. Yet Herm still left him in there. Then again, it was also Herm who let him play in 2004 after the initial tear, instead of having him undergo surgery ASAP, which only worsened it. Sure we won a game in the playoffs, but at what price?

13. nyjunc

Fiedler was brought in if Chad was hurt or couldn't go. Chad's arm was not 100% yet but his arm beat the dolphins w/ alot of tough siedline throws, they were just whining after the game. Chad's passes weren't the problem against KC it was the QB-C exchange. Chad was definitely well enough to play until he reinjured his shoulder against Jax. He'll be alot stronger this year due to mroe time rehabbing and starting to throw sooner but he was well enough to play last year.

14. MANGINI RULES!

MANGINI RULES! New Member

Oh please look at the horse shi# teams they played at the end of the year they were all sub 500 Miami sucks they will never be good is 8-8 every year with those f*ckers .... I'll tell you what Culpepper takes a good shot on his knee and his career is over I dont even know if a guy can be that effective with an injury like that... For gods sake Bollinger torch your defense with over 300 yards passing with a 1/2 ass offense so if you think Miami is getting far this year keep dreaming!... Harrington is going to lead you to the Super bowl?hahaha no way your f#cking defense is so old is not what it used to be...

15. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

Just because he was making the throws doesn't mean he should have been out there. The risk for another injury was still high because the arm was not fully healed. He also played well coming back in 2004, but he still needed surgery after the season and probably should have been shut down after the Buffalo game. His arm was not ready, which is what lead to him getting injured again. So that means the CS either didn't see the risk in bringing him back early, or ignored it.

16. nyjunc

He was ready, his arm was fine. It was not at 100% but he looked fine throwing it outside of a pass here and there that floated away. On the game clinching drive against Miami he had alot of 10 yd outs whioch are long throws and he was right on the money w/ them and was 7 for 7 and led us to the game clinching TD. He was improving but unfrotunately he got hurt again. I just don't think you can blame the CS for that, he was cleared to play, he looked ok and he wanted to play AND he had just played well enough the year before WITH the injury and w/ the ahoulder in much worse shape then it was to start the '05 season. If you think he shouldn't have played last year then do you also think they should have sat him down in '04?

17. abyzmul

Chad was not our best option with that arm not fully healed, and every time you say it you look more foolish.

18. nyjunc

yes he was, again Chad at 80-90% is still better than Fiedler. We wre 1-1 w/ Chad and even w/ Chad hurt against jax he nearly led us to a win if Chrebet holds onto that TD pass.

Were you ok w/ Chad playing in 2004 after he got hurt?

19. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

I agree with Junc. Fiedler sucked, he always sucked and we would have sucked with him playing. He was brought in as a backup to carry a clipboard and take an occassional snap when necessary. The mistake was not in rushing Chad back it was in not having an OL in place that had any chance to protect him and allow him to regain his confidence.

20. abyzmul

I didn't know he was hurt until right before the San Diego game, and I wasn't happy about it although the playoffs tend to let people and PLAYERS emotions override their better judgment.

Yes we were close and yes it was exciting but that doesn't change reality.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.