Dolphins fan checks in on the AFC East

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dr. Love, May 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

I guess you would know.

2. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

The Jets haven't won anything since Joe Namath. One season to spout off about, that's it. Bill was brought in to win the SB with the Jets...he failed, who cares that you got to the playoffs you still have one SB in your history that's it, that's all. I respect Bill as a coach. I think he's great, but he's not the best ever nor is he close to the best ever. He is a HOF coach and he should be. Fact is he hasn't won a SB since he left the Giants. All you can say is Bill took the Jets to the Playoffs.....so did Herm.

3. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

Go back and read my first post on Herm, it was nothing more then a compliment to the guy, I never said he was better then Bill. I see you also blame everything on Herm in NY, Chads issues aren't Herms fault, it's also not Herms fault he had the Pats in his division during their SB dominance, Bill didn't have to deal with that!!!

#303 feelthepain, Jun 1, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2006
  4. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

why are their fins fans on a Jets fan board?

5. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I like opposing fans, it's nice to get an opponents fans view. Sometimes we don't agree but as long as they present intelligent argumetns and aren't just here to talk trash they help improve the board.

6. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

In a word, schizophrenia. Look it up.

The poster has a distortion of reality, typically characterized by a separation between thought processes and the emotions. An acute mental disorder of unknown causes, except when a football team relies on RBs who enjoy weed and who then inexplicably seek out the same personality disorder in other players they wish to acquire. It's usually accompanied by delusions and hallucinations, motor disturbances and bizarre behavior, like having nothing better to do with their time than putting others down to enhance their own self-image, which is extremely low. In extreme cases, the subject posts denegrating and impugning posts on boards of an opposing team in the hopes of elevating his low self-esteem. In most cases it results in being showered with unkindly remarks of which the poster is sure he deserves and over which the poster receives intense gratification. It's all part of recognizing he's a loser and welcoming the image, then revelling in the "golden shower" he receives.

We're talking one sick dude.

7. Martin&theJETS

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :lol: :lol:

8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

If we were talking about the overall success of the Jets, which we aren't, you would have a point, which you don't. We are talking about which coach was more successful with the Jets given the circumstances. And that would be Parcells.

You fail again.

9. Martin&theJETS

I think the Jets will make the playoffs due to pennington being great.

10. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

You praised Herm like he saved your life, and then dismissed what Parcells did here like it was nothing.

I don't blame Herm for Chad's injuries. I blame Herm for the slow starts, poor clock management, riding washed up players, mis-managing games in tight situations, being outcoached week in and week out, showing little to no improvement as a football coach while he was here ... yeah, those things.

Oh, I forgot a few. Throwing coaches/players under the bus when things go wrong. Never once taking the blame for anything. I could continue.

And as far as Chad, it was Herm who let him play last year when he wasn't 100%. So while he doesn't take full blame, he is not completely innocent either.

#310 Kris 15, Jun 1, 2006
  11. Martin&theJETS

AMEN!!! I couldnt have said it better my self.

12. Martin&theJETS

In my prospective herm was never a good coach. Yes he got us to the playoffs a couple of times but herm made himself look good by the people around him.

13. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Calling Dr. Love's hateful post a "great post" would indicate there is a chance you will soon write a similar expletive-laced post.

14. Martin&theJETS

This thread has a lot of post in it the most i have ever seen.

15. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Yeah, and the Dolphins haven't won anything since Bob Griese. That was only five years after the Jets won.

You act like the Dolphins won 10 Super Bowls in the past 15 years.

16. Martin&theJETS

Man the Dolphins have sucked ever since i can rember wicth was like 9 years ago and now they are finally getting good. You have no room to talk feelthepain.

17. Catt_County

Catt_County Banned

I think that the AFCE may very well end up with a tight race, perhaps as tight as 2002 when the Jets won the division with 9-7, Miami and NE lost on tie-breakers, and Buffalo was last at 8-8. Here's why:

1. NE falters a little for 2 reasons: the drain of quality assistants from the organization and the loss of Vinatieri. If they go into the season with Mare as their kicker, it'll cost 'em 2 games at least.

2. Buffalo and the Jets will be better than they were last season. The Jets will manage to keep one QB healthy, and the Bills D will regain respectability by the second half of the season. Both teams have new coaches and new systems, so they'll suffer at the beginning of the season, but both teams drafted a pair of first rounders who may start, or at the very least, see considerable action early on, and both used free agency to fill some serious holes. Both signed their own FAs that they wanted to keep and released some over-the-hill vets. In Buffalo's case, they also jettisoned some temperamental players who had worn out their welcome.

3. I think Miami is vastly overrated by the FishFans here as well as by the national media. Daunte Culpepper has never proven himself a leader, and he'll be learning a new system with new personnel -- and that's assuming that he'll be ready to go fairly early in the regular season. The longer he sits out, the more chance for Joey Harrington to prove himself a bust on two teams. Without Ricky, Miami's running game is no better than any other AFCE team's and their depth is non-existent. Miami's D is average at best with its secondary seriously suspect, and its line aging.

All that said, I see NE winning 10 games, Miami between 8 or 9, and Buffalo and New York between 6 and 9 each. I think that going 3-3 in the division will be the best expectation for all four teams.

18. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

Because Parcells left before his contract was up and became GM. Parcells brought the team from the pits of hell known as Kotite and brought us to the AFC championship game. Herm got the team to the playoffs on players Parcells brought in, and once those players started to get old, he was unable to replace them. Herm orchestrated his way out of here, and left the team in shambles on the way out.

#318 dabrowsk1, Jun 1, 2006
  19. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

A troll is a troll, be it on a Jets board, Phins board, or any board on the net. Do you seriously want to put yourself in the same category as him?

20. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

Is that it? That all you got for me? That was weak, I heard my 6 old nephew say the same thing to his sister yesterday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.