Dolphins fan checks in on the AFC East

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dr. Love, May 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

Sure I'll talk football without unpleasantries.....as soon as I find a Jet fan here that is willing to accept the fact the fins are a playoff caliber team and the Jets have a long way to go. The Jets could go 9-7, they have enough talent, but they have farm more to overcome then the fins did in Sabans first season. Miami was not a 4-12 team as far as talent in 04, DW was a POS coach and didn't know how to coach through controversy. Without Ricky Williams DW didn't know how to win a football game, but thats in the past and we are beyond that.

I know who the fins lost. What you don't seem to know (and it doesn't take a genius to figure out) Is that JR and Sam are on the down side of their careers. Allen is younger and a better cover corner, and JR just can't stay healthy so he was a liability more then a loss. As for Ricky we do have that coverd aswell, sure a double threat was nice however it was a luxury not a necessity. We only lose Ricky this season and he will be back next season. In the meantime we have this young kid....maybe you've heard of him, he was the 2nd pick in the 2005 NFL draft, Ronnie Brown. I think we're coverd at RB. We also have solid depth at the RB position. As far as Boston he never stayed healthy either, but their is no denying his talent, but what good is it if he can't compete?? Gus was a good QB for the Fins, but he was a stop gap for the fins. An upgrade over what we had last year, but nowheres near wht we have now. I don't know why I have to explain all of this to you, this is just common sense.

DC is a running QB but he is also a pocket passer and a very good one. Just so you know DC is running and cutting, he still has a long time before it counts and he is rehabing very well. He needs to be mobil but he doesn't need to be a RB. If he loses even 3/10ths of a second off his 40 time ,what has he really lost?? He will be a big factor in what the fins do this year at some point be it week one or week 6. As for Divisions go, no division is as tough to win as the norris. The Bears, Lions Vikes and Pack have fearce battles no matter season records. Your point here is fruitless.

I haven't heard too much about Joey being a savior that you equate with the fin fans. There will always be homers that overreact to every signing, however the fin fans in general are tempered at best with Joey. We do think he is a better QB then what he's shown in Detroit. He is definitely better then Sage. Joey was drafted very high in the 2002 draft and had a lot to live up to, as would any high pick. The difference is he weatherd the storm in Detroit and while he wasn't great or even good there, he was good enough to maitain the starting job for most of his career. In contrast look at high picks like Ryan Leaf or Rick Meirer (spelling?) also palyers that were drafted high but didn't live up to what they were thought to be. The part you seem to forget is that Miami gave up a late second day pick for an experienced starter thats athletic, something Sage wasn't. Miami QB's consist of Culpepper, Harrington and Lemon. All three have what in common??? Try and keep up here ok?? Saban has a plan and a reason for everything he does.

You didn't realize??? Well then you don't know much about Saban, so untill you do some research and find out what the fins have in Saban don't comment on him. Just to give you a head start, Saban has more insight about the players coming out of College then any coach in the NFL.

Mooch is another Barry Switzer and DW, a HC that lived off what was left to him not what he crated. Thats wahy he didn't make it in Detroit, there was nothing there to work with. So where is he now??

If you'll notice, I don't come here and just trash talk. I try to explain things with a little insight and knowledge not just smack and childish banter.

#181 feelthepain, May 29, 2006
    Last edited: May 29, 2006
  2. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

The reality is I saw the Phins play two complete games last year. They played hard they had limited talent in a few positions and really didn't impress me as being on the verge of being an elite team. That said, I think Saban is one of the top coaches in the league. If and only if Culpeper is healthy he represents a potentially huge upgrade at QB for Miami. The loss of Ricky is very big when all is said and done he was and is the single most talented player on the team. Fortunately for the Phins if Ronnie Brown can handle the full load the fall off at RB should be minimized. The Phins are clearly on the rise and should be the second best team in the division.

The Pats on the other hand are a far more talented team than the Phins. When healthy they probably have the best roster in football. They are proven at QB, TE, RB and they have the potential for a nice upgrade at WR with a very good prospect. They also have a very young OL which should be vastly improved and they added a real potential game breaker in the backfield. The Pats are a team ready to make another serious run at a SB until proven otherwise. To say they aren't head and shoulders better then the Phins right now is wishfull thinking. They quitely had one of the best drafts of any team in football and they still have the best defensive player and best QB in the NFL.

The Jets have some solid players on both sides of the ball but have major questions marks at OL, QB, WR, TE, RB and pass rush. You also have a big question mark at HC and OC until proven otherwise. The team looks to have had a solid draft but until these guys actually perform the team is a complete mystery. The Jets season is totally dependent on 3 or 4 rookies stepping in and playing great football right off the bat something that rarely happens.

3. plasticsloth

plasticsloth Well-Known Member

Since you have access to the rankings could you please post the jets:grin: I'm not like trying to challenge you or anything im just kinda curious. And my opinion on the dolphins is that, i dont think their offense will be as good this year because, A) Culpepper is coming off a major injury after a bad season and b) they lost Scott Linehan, an excellent offensive mind. I think they can be a playoff caliber team if their talent can perform consistently *cough* Chris Chambers *cough*. I still have to give the division to the pats becuase well, they're the pats. The dolphins have some talent but i think losing linehan will be a substantial blow, and they dont have a really solid situtation at qb. And on that whole rankings thing, IMHO Jason Taylor is NOT the number 2 DE in the league. JAbe, Freeney, Richard Seymour, Osi, and Strahan are all better.
    Trying to be unbiased as much as i can...

WHOA HOLD UP. Just read the team rankings and predictions. 3 and 13!!! i personally think we wont be even worse. and i think the bills will be worse.

4. Dirtywater

Dirtywater 2005 Award Winner: Best non-Jets fan poster/Best S

You do? Please elaborate!

5. b_hjelmeland123

b_hjelmeland123 New Member

We may not have the best RB depth in the NFl but it is solid. We have Sammy Morris as our primary backup and he has come in and played as a starter. Then we have Travis Minor, who is primarily ST but is a change of pace back. Then we have 2 young players in Kay-Jay Harris and Gerald Riggs. Neither have played in an NFL game, but I think Kay-Jay will see some time this year. Like I said it's not the best depth in the NFL but it is solid and we will have a produtive running game in '06.

6. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Ronnie Brown better not get injured.

#186 Cakes, May 29, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2005
  7. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

Yes, you did group me with other fin fans. Why would you insult me right out of the gate, I believe my 5th or 6th post on this site, and then tell me to relax a little?? Are you allowed to post howvever you like and everyone else should check with you before they post so you won't think they are overreacting?? You should take your own advice. Every site has a mix of fans, and again I wasn't the one attacking your post....REMEMBER????

8. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

Why??? Because the fins aren't as deep at the RB position as the Jets:lol: ??? You could say the same about the Chargers or Colts or Steelers or Pats why are the fins any different?? There still a chance Miami could add to their RB depth before the season starts, when cuts are made.

9. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

Oh lord son don't you know how to read?? Do your own research I'm tired of giving you all the answers.

#189 feelthepain, May 29, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2005
  10. winstonbiggs

The Pats might be a tad deeper, don't you think?

11. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

Sure I can post what you'd like to know, however be a little more specific with your question and no It won't be as detailed as the Fins, but Ill try to answer your questions. As for your opinion of the fins this year it's the exact same opinion as the rest of the Jet fans here...little surprise.

12. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

You could, however there is a significan't drop off from Dillion, when healthy.

13. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

Didn't you tell me before that I had the right to my opinion, but I should not try to force you have the same opinion? Isn't the reverse also true? What are you saying that if someone does not share your view of the Phins and what they might do next year, they deserve to hear unpleasantries from you? But that you are above such reproach?

I don't think DC is as bad as some people are saying here, and it is certainly an upgrade for the Phins from last year. However, there are serious health concerns. DC has had injuries all his career and the last one was very serious. No one knows how it will affect his career and the longevity thereof. What I would be somewhat concerned by if I was a Phins fans is the FO's unwillingness, no matter who is there, to address the QB position long term. Now with DC and Harrington, would be a great time to draft a young QB and groom him under DC for the future.

DC is a short term solution, but they have yet to address QB longterm since Marino left. But you are correct DC is an upgrade, but for how long?

That is a homer statement. Saban has been a HC for one season. He had a good offseason last year, this year so-so. Who knows how his picks will pan out, you can not gauge it yet. I am not saying I don't like Saban or how he drafts, because I do, but it is too early to make a statement like this, IMO.

14. winstonbiggs

They probably got the second best back in the draft in Maroney who I believe will be a stud and start at some point this year.

15. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

My comment had nothing to do with the Jets.

16. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

And I apologized before. If that is not good enough for you, than tough. What you just happened to overlook that post? In case you did here it is, post #152:

I tried to extend a olive branch to you and you act like an ass. Forget, I thought I made a mistake and you were here for an honest debate, that is why I apologized. I was wrong, you are just like all the other trolls here.

#196 dabrowsk1, May 29, 2006
    Last edited: May 29, 2006
  17. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

I respectfully disagree with your opinion of the Pats. I do believe they are a tlented group and they will be tough to supplant, but they have lost a lot of talent. There are only so many times you can lose and regain before it takes it's toll. The biggest factor for the Pats IMO is not Brady or Seymor or any other Pats player, but the HC. He will be the reason the Pats could maintain their stranglehold on the division. I just think with all the talent lost and the coaching thats moved on it will hurt the Pats as was eveident last season. Another thing you don't accout for is the hunger and desire it takes to maintain that kind of dominance. Miami's Nick Saban now has that hunger and drive as did BB just a few years ago. Player's lose their edge after winning so much, more so in the NFL then in any other sport. All of this will translate in a new leader in the AFC east. We also play the Pats very well we match up with them and thats a plus when it comes down to winning the division.

18. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

I missed it sorry, so I apologize.

19. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

Those in glass houses, shouldn't throw stones.

20. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

Again I disagree, however he is a solid pick up for the Pats and BB once again had a stout draft.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.