Dolphins 0-2

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by danaaprildarren, Sep 21, 2009.

1. david1023

david1023 Member

Nobody makes fans want to see their backup QB play more than James Chadwick Pennington.

2. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

LMAO of course!

3. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Really? The Colts run D looked horrible and they never really adjusted to anything the fins did. How many times did they give up a 6 yard hitch on 3rd and 5? Why were the d-backs giving those receivers such a big cushion all game? Why did they have 7 in the box so often on obvious run downs against a weak armed QB with average at best receivers and a potent running game?

#63 WhiteShoeWillis, Sep 22, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2009
  4. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

Besides, With our luck Pat White will come in win 3 Super Bowls and marry a model.

5. jrock486

jrock486 New Member

lets remember who the dolphins played - two very solid teams and if it werent for the fumbles in game 1 vs atlanta, dolphins very well might have won that game.

6. DownAndOut

DownAndOut Member

I don't get this! I don't want him to be the QB of the Jets, but I don't get this!

7. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

06 Colts 21st ranked D 12 and 4
    04 Colts 29th ranked D 12 and 4

During the regular season with Payton Manning at QB it doesn't matter if there D is good or bad they beat almost ever team they play.

The Dolphins have a great running attack. Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams is as good a one two punch as there is in the league. They have a decent D and they have a QB who knows how to keep games in control. Are they great? No. are they going to win games with that formula? Yes.

By the way Atlanta is a very good up and comming team. I believe we play them later in the year. I wouldn't chalk that up as a win before it's played.

8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Doesn't that happen every time they start losing?

9. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

The Colts run D was just terrible last night. The same Dolphins RB tandem who faced the Falcons week 1 had 40+ and 30+ yds all game. And they aren't even that great against the run.

Colts let Brown finish with 130+yds, and Ricky "Sticky" Williams with 70yds. It wasn't that the Dolphins have a good ground game, it's that they faced a terrible, horrible run D. Like WSW said, they should've stacked the box and let Chad air beat them thru the air.

10. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

No. As long as Rex is here we want Chad in Miami.

My fear is they will let his 2 year deal lapse and get someone with an arm....

11. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

It's up now, and Chad's head is on the chopping block. (finheaven)

OP From Thread- "Pennington Cost us the Game"

"You Penny Lovers can spin this however you want, but we can't win without a QB that can make plays and win the game for us.

Not to mention his horrible clock management in the final drive. No urgency at all. Where's that great leadership?

I know you'll try to blame it on Ginn, but please, spare me.

We are doomed to being mediocre this year."

It's all too familiar, lol.

12. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

The Finheaven forums look exactly like this place pre-2008. It's really uncanny.

13. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

The Colts defense was mystifying. You have a team that relies on a single wing running offense and a QB that can't throw, and you are giving receivers 8 yard cushions and playing a deep safety cover 2? Who the hell is their D coordinator?

14. WhiteShoeWillis

OK, but that hardly backed up your "almost any other team in the league would have lost last night" comment. There are plenty of teams that wouldn't have given up all those rushing yards or continuously got burned for 6 yard hitches on 3rd and 5.

Yes, the fins have a very good running attack, but how many teams are going to sit back and let them pound it for 45 minutes? I don't think many would.

15. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Can't get on that website, all I got to was Happy Birthday Green Hornet?

16. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

When your O can score in the mid 20's in 14 minutes of possession what's wrong with leaving you D on the field all day and letting the Miami O take forever to put points on the board?:smile:

17. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Same thing I was thinking, they were horrible, damn he can't throw they're gonna run out of that stupid High School formation...hello...

18. WhiteShoeWillis

Yup. Very annoying to watch. They never adjusted either.

edit:
    The only thing that stopped the Lfins was the Lfins being pussies.

19. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I hope the Dolphins bench Chad, as much as I like him. I'd much rather see them go with a guy who has never played then a guy who has been to the playoffs four times and has an axe to grind with us. They started 0-2 last year, too, finished 11-5 and division champs.

20. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

I think its bullshit to blame that incompletion at the end on Ginn. Granted, there are receivers in the NFL that can make that catch, but it was by no means an easy catch. To bash the guy for not being a Larry Fitzgerald-quality receiver is BS. He had to go up high to get it and the defender played it well. Its not like it hit him in the chest. It was also a good pass by Pennington-really the only place he could safely put it without getting intercepted. Now it was not a good pass on the interception, not sure what he saw there. Despite the shitty playcalling, Pennington did get them close enough to have a reasonable attempt at a TD. Who the hell runs that much in the 2 minute drill?

However, I agree, Pennington is NOT the guy you want to run the 2 minute drill when you need 80 yards. Pennington did give us some good play in the past, certainly no reason to wish physical harm on him. That's childish.

#80 bojanglesman, Sep 22, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2009