Does this team lose the other night with Rex?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longislandjetfan, Sep 22, 2018.

1. BuffaloBills06

BuffaloBills06 Active Member

The difference was the Saints were clearly better than the Jets that year.

Only a Jets fan would think they would beat a team that beat them handily the same year while beating the team that beat them to reach the Super Bowl.

Who’s the real “Dumbass”?

2. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

That's what they said in the article too.

Manning also passed for 26 TDs that season something tells me Darnold isn't on pace to throw anywhere near that many in his rookie season.:(

3. Aewhistory

Aewhistory Well-Known Member

The inherent problem with making these statements this early in the season, especially in a game like football where you only have 16 games, is that a couple freakish games can be extrapolated out to be turned into either a monster or a monstrosity of a season. Neither is usually true, but it is so tempting and we’ve all done this (don’t lie.... I’m looking at you... :D). It is fun to have a rookie QB come in, throw two or three TDs and then imagine that we have someone who can do this every game and give us 32-48 TDs. OTOH, being Jets fans, we are conditioned to believe bad things will happen..... because they usually do. But just because someone’s tosses a bunch of INTs in one game doesn’t mean that they’ll do it every game. Even Rick Mirer wasn’t that bad (usually) and he sucked whale dong.

And anyway, I will gladly tolerate Darnold breaking Manning’s rookie INT record is he follows it up with a career as good as or better than Manning. It would be worth one more year of humiliation—we are used to it—to get us a decade and a half of respectability.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  4. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

That wasn’t the premise of your argument. Your argument was that because they lost in the regular season it meant they would not have been able to win in the Super Bowl. You can’t back track from that now; I never asserted they would have won a matchup in the SB or not.

So, the answer to your question remains you.

As far as the obvious better team; the 16-0 Pats beat the Giants in the regular season, how’d that obvious better team fare in the SB against the Giants?

Clearly being an obviously better team, in rematches, also isn’t a very good indicator of winning the rematch either.

Want to go for a third try and complete the hat trick of dumb fuck arguments?

#44 JetBlue, Sep 23, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
  5. BuffaloBills06

You said all that to say absolutely nothing. Saints were clearly the best team in the NFL......they showed it from start to finish. You’re a Jets homer and believe your team can win every game. Saints smacked you guys in 2009 like the did most teams , my Bills, Pats and your Jets included. I’d bet my last $1 they would’ve smacked you guys around in that Super Bowl for 2 reasons ......Rex Ryan was the HC and Sanchez was QB. Greg Williams would’ve loved to play Sanchez instead of HOF Manning.

6. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I’m confused; giving up 10 points is an example of bad defense?

7. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

According to a lot of Jets fans anybody would put up those numbers in that offense.

8. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Rex? I tried giving him a call to ask if he could have handled the Browns but brother Rob answered and said that he was busy sucking on some woman's toes

9. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Wait you mean Sanchez's first loss?

You realize the Jets were the ONLY team that year to NOT give up a TD to Drew Brees?!? Thats when Brees long streak of TDs in games started, the Jets held him to no TDs.

And yes Sanchez threw 3 picks, but that was a road game in the Super Dome in week 4 of his rookie Season after starting 3-0, in the playoffs he was playing much better, and the Saints were not playing as good as they did all season.

Sanchez threw a pick 6 and fumble recovery for TD to, the Saints offense did nothing all game. AGAIN this was week 4 of his ROOKIE season, he was playing a lot better in the playoffs.

stinkyB likes this.
  10. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Thats right, at that Draft a couple of years ago Andy R knew Patricks talent while our GM was asleep at the switch..I am happy for PM.. hes with a Winner and seems unstoppable with the team/coach combo hes got

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  11. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

You may as well just be putting your fingers in your ears and yelling “nah, nah, nah I can’t hear you!”

You made two arguments — they would have lost because they had already lost that year, and they would have lost because NO was the clear better team, both of which I provided factual evidence that dispute such dumb fuck arguments.

So, once again, your posts continue to apply to yourself not anyone else — you are typing a whole lot to say nothing. Which brings us back to the original conclusion I asserted in my first response to you —

Dumbass.

It’s okay, don’t worry, nobody expects better of you so you don’t have to go through such trouble to prove us correct.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  12. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

No, but it's an example of a bad, too conservative HC, that had the Ravens inside his head.

13. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Sanchez threw three picks, including a 99-yard pick six, and he fumbled in his own end zone, which the Saints recovered for a score.....and the Saints still only scored 24 points. Sanchez was the only reason they won that game.

What a dumb example....

14. Matthew_McBride

Matthew_McBride Active Member

You NEVER don't take the lead. I actually can't even imagine a situation where you don't. Granted we had trouble stopping them, but remember, he threw an almost int that hit off the chest of the defender in the endzone. He's still prone to mistakes as a rookie.

15. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

Ah so the memories fade as time goes on.........we were so anxious to run Rex right out of town, and now there are those here that think it was a mistake, lol..

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  16. BuffaloBills06

And he would've been the same QB playing against them in the Super Bowl. You guys cant be this dense........who in their right mind would pick a Sanchez led team over a Brees led team? I'd like to believe Brees would've had a way better chance to figure a Rex Ryan defense the second go around then Sanchez figuring out a Greg Williams led defense for a second time , but what do I know........I'm just a struggling Bills fan.

17. joe

joe Well-Known Member

quick check: prior to yesterday, 2 posts in the last 2 years....

so why the sudden rash of posts on a New York Jets forum? ....lemme guess: . 'day after' dick-waving euphoria still hasn't worn off yet? .

run with it buddy, . enjoy...

HomeoftheJets and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  18. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Once again, you just pick awesome examples. Greg Williams amazing defense gave up 341 points that year, while poor Rex's defense gave up a league-low 236. The Jets had the #1 passing defense and #8 rushing defense that year. The Saints were #26 and #21 respectively.

What's wrong, can you not stand being around a happy Bills fanbase this week? I know it's been a while. There are Jets fans like you, too--we've all seen it before, the guys who are only happy when they're miserable. It's okay, you can be that guy.

19. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

Rex's teams were notorious for the D coming up short in a big spot as well.

There was a game against miami (in Miami i believe) where they were on our 2 or so and down by 4, instead of calling timeouts to save time for our offense, Rex allowed time to run down putting it all on a defensive stand......

Miami scores on the last play of the game, we lose

20. MyFavoriteMartin758028

Considering I feel Rex is a much better X's and O's guy on the defensive side of football then Bowles, I think he would of made the necessary adjustments to keep applying more pressure once baker came in the game.