Does this happen to other Jets fan outside NY area?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Stagman, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

No, I can't read.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  2. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

I have had a similar experience a few times now. Steelers fan will cuss out Bell like a scorned lover then immediately say they are excited for me as Bell and Mosley are great and should make the Jets really exciting.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  3. Most football fans like us or in opposition are the same.We want our teams to win & see things tinted in our team colors.Except Patriot fans.They are the most ignorant,arrogant,entitled bandwagoning parasites the sports world has ever seen.

NY Jets68 and The Dark Knight like this.
  4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I knew it!

There must be some good Patriots fans out there............ I just haven't met them yet.

5. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

I live in a tourist town and meet fans of any given team pretty much daily. Most are nice, although Sundays can get weird. Usually there are some drunk assholes who can’t shut up after a win or some drunk sore losers. Pretty much any other time is fine, especially off season.

6. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

The Skins are the Jets South, only more f*cked cuz of Danny boy.

7. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Fort Carson? You are lucky that you aren't around any Raiders fans. Especially when they were in Los Angeles. I always thought Steelers fans had the most class. Just there to support their team no trash talking..quiet confidence. Just like St. Louis Cardinal fans.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  8. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Best Patriot of all time was John Hannah (possibly the best lineman to ever play). Tippett was very good, too.

I remember a time when the Pats weren't worthy of vapid derision..... Only the Fins and Bills deserved it back then.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  9. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Being out in Los Angeles, Jet fans are thin on the ground.

When I wear a Jets tee or hat I usually get a comment like "Jets...huh."

Lately it's been "You must be stoked"...referring to Le'Veon Bell.

Stoked I is.

10. The patriots themselves sure..but the fans? Living in New england as a Jets fan..pre Robert Kraft new england sports fans did not like football.They cared MORE about The Giants/Jets losing than anything else.The patriots were just a past time til baseball was back..unless of course the Patriots were halfway decent..then theyd all jump on the bandwagon till they inevitably choked..then it was right back to “we dont care about football as long as New york doesnt win”.

In fact deep down..most older sports fans in the area are still that way. If pressed about how douchey their coach/Brady is or reminded how of pitiful they used to be theyll blurt out that they dont like football.

Id ventureto say most other jet fans living in new england states know exactly what im talking about..it only fuels the hate that theyre so entitled yet deep down dont even care for the sport which explains why destroying the integrity of the gane by cheating is meaningless in their eyes

11. Stagman

Stagman Active Member

Peterson AFB. I was stationed at Vandenberg AFB an hour north of Santa Barbara for four years. It was full of Raiders and Cowboys fans. I did get some sympathy from hispanics because of Sanchez being the QB.

boozer32 likes this.
  12. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Having lived all over the US, both coast I can say Florida has the most bandwagon fans in the nation.
    Jerseys change according to what team is having current success.
    It was all UM, then Gators, Followed by FSU. Heat jerseys are no where to be found now. Hell the Dolphins had playoff games blacked out locally due to low ticket sales.
    I once wore my Jets gear to a Dophins Bills game in Miami and no one said anything.

MaximusD163 and boozer32 like this.
  13. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Having grown up in Dolphin-ville during the 80's right up through today, it blew chunks during the Marino years. High school, 9th grade was the Mud Bowl, so going to school the day after that really sucked. Agree with above, S FL fans have to be the biggest group of band-wagoners over anywhere else. Mostly because we're so far south that the sludge from every region in the country settles down here...

Brook! and TonyFtLaud like this.
  14. twown

twown Well-Known Member

For me, the litmus test for real Patriots fans is if they can tell you about Robert Edwards, because that was just before the dynasty started. Any Pats "fan" who doesn't know about Edwards is a total fraud. Which of course is most of them.

Brook! and TonyFtLaud like this.
  15. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

It's not quite as transient as it was in the 80s but no one in S.Florida is from Florida.

PabloJa likes this.
  16. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

I live in Maine, I've been fucked since I was brought into this world, and I'm a Mets fan

Peebag, JetsNation06, Brook! and 2 others like this.
  17. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

How did you become a Jets fan then? :)

18. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Quoted for troof!!

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  19. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Born in Oceanside, NY. Grew up a Jets, Mets, Isles fan. Parental units moved us to S FL in '79...

Brook! likes this.
  20. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Ugh. Thanks man. Nobody can have a better story then mine. Born 90 minutes to Turkey-Syria border in a village home to a mother who didn't know how to read and write. Somehow became a Jets fan. Shame for me to ask others how they became a Jets fan as I believe I have the weirdest story but still I am a curious guy. Lol.