Does the hiring of Urban Meyer put Lawrence back in play

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by footballfundamentals, Jan 14, 2021.

1. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

They're going to take Lawrence at 1. With that being said, I really don't understand this hire. He hasn't coached in a couple years, he's a flake when it comes to staying long-term, and he always has controversy following him. His offensive system is RPO heavy, so unless they drastically alter their system for Lawrence, I don't understand this hire at all.

The national media ragged on the Jets for being a joke of a franchise and that Lawrence should bail on us if we had the 1st pick, but they don't say shit about Jacksonville. They are the epitome of a joke.

2. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

I am going to enjoy watching to see how Meyer and Lawrence fare in the NFL together. One thing that would crack me up IF Meyer has success is how that fact would "bother" little Nicky Saban, with his massive douchebag EGO.....he can win as many national titles as he wants at Alabama, but he will always have that "NFL Failure/ran back to college after 2 years" mark on his coaching resume. IF Meyer manages to win in the NFL, he will have done what Nicky couldn't do....win on at both levels, including with the Best of the Best in the NFL. Should be interesting.

3. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Saban's the greatest college coach of All-time. When you're the best nothing else really matters. Saban could care less about the NFL and rightfully so with what he's accomplished.

REVISion and JetBlue like this.
  4. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Personally, I'd like to extend a big THANK YOU to Nick Saban for signing Daunte Culpepper over Drew Brees! :D

Br4d, JetsNation06 and JetBlue like this.
  5. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

6. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

The hiring of Urban Meyer does not put Aaron Hernandez back in play, no.

7. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

No? So he's a free agent? Sign the beast ......as they say :)