Does it concern you that the Giants and Broncos passed on QB’s?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by JethroTull, Apr 30, 2018.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Yep...

2. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Still waiting for this little see you next tuesday to come cleaning to lying about senior bowl reports on Tanner Lee, but its not going to happen. His act is an age old and tired one, but some seem to enjoy the entertainment of feeding the trolls.

joe likes this.
  3. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I also believe part of the turnovers was him pressing. He lost his #1 WR in JuJu and like you said, his OL was decimated. He had all this hype coming into the season as being the sure fire Heisman favorite and then he started pressing and forcing balls when he didn't need too.

4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

He's still here post-draft so he's not one of the reps posting on boards prior to the draft to try to get some mojo going.

5. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Elway has a shit record at drafting QBs so no.

6. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Yes, I'm truly SHOCKED the Broncos didnt draft Darnold at #5..... SCORE JETS!

The Waterboy likes this.
  7. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

Fortunately a lot of those issues are easier fixes, it might take a year....but we aren't expecting a Super Bowl this year anyway. IF we make it to the playoffs it will mean we have great young talent and solid head coaching, which would help encourage the fan base.

8. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

Teams don't look at things the way fans do and for good reason. The giants needed an instant impact player. they have a QB. drafting darnold for them essentially does nothing to help the team for the next 2 years. There will be other Qbs to draft for them when they need it. Meanwhile an amazing RB is there at 2 and the giants haven't had a good one in a decade and they want to load up around eli and go for another run. They also have a new HC and GM and want instant improvement from their 2 win season. a QB doesn't help them do that, but the 1500+ all purpose yards barkley is going to put up this season will help them right away.

As far as the broncos go, they never had a shot at darnold. they passed on allen and rosen and again they got the best pass rusher in the draft and best defensive player in the draft. they signed keenum for 2 years as a stop gap, they can take a QB next year

9. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I'm not surprised the Giants chose to take Barkley. That's something that was often discussed throughout the draft season.

Denver's choice is a bit more squirrely in my opinion. I think Rosen would have fit there in the Rocky Mountain air with a game in LA and a game in Las Vegas every season. I understand why they took Chubb however I think Rosen had the potential to have a higher impact for them. Elway probably feels snakebit on drafted QB's at this point but you have to keep taking them when you have the opportunity and Rosen on the 5 was a rare opportunity.

jdon and stinkyB like this.
  10. GasedAndConfused

there will be other QBs but when is the next time they will have a chance to draft a stud pass rusher to pair opposite of miller while he is in his prime? Rosen doesn't help them in 2018 but chubb does.

11. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

I’m actually quite shocked Denver didn’t take Rosen.

It’s the most important position in sports and finding a guy that can lead your franchise for the next 12 years is so much more important than a pass rusher.

He would have been perfect there. AZ got a steal.

Br4d and alleycat9 like this.
  12. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

The Great Paxton Lynch is just a late bloomer. :D

FJF likes this.
  13. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

and the giants got hammered pretty good by alot of their fans and a number of pundits about how this will look in a few years if eli is out and one of these guys is kicking ass. while their number 2 pick rb is half way done with his career already.

then they started talking about the gmen being a win now team, or in win now mode and thats why they drafted saquon.... which made me scratch my head, that damn team was 3-13 last year, giants fans.

14. GasedAndConfused

I mean yeah they were 3-11 but their top 3 WRs all got hurt. Eli had nobody to throw to. at one point he had people just picked up starting at WR. The defense also gave up and imploded on itself because of the offense being so bad. they have talent, they just had too many injuries

15. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

I truly think the Jets 'infatuation' with Baker was more a smokescreen than it was real. It surely baited Cleveland into taking him #1 overall. The Giants passing on Darnold, yeah, IDK their deal there.

16. Gremlin

Gremlin Well-Known Member

For Denver I think that if Keenum can reproduce 80% of what he showed last year then they have that D( +Chubb) and the tools on offense to be a serious contender this year.

Drafting a QB that high in the draft is for teams that are at least 2-3 years away from competing

17. Rollo Tomassi

How did the Jets “bait” them into taking Mayfield.

They had the first pick in the draft.

All the baiting in the world wouldn’t have changed that.

That they didn’t take Chubb at 4 is even more proof they were all in in Mayfield.

18. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

If they didn't take him we would've, assuming they took Darnold. Simple as that.

And no, it doesn't concern me in the least in this life what the fuck the Jints and Broncs did or didn't do

FJF likes this.
  19. Rollo Tomassi

Of course. But they held all the cards.

Whomever they wanted they could have taken, we could have baited all we wanted to. Didn’t matter.

I guess my point is, the Browns made their own decision, nothing was based upon what was reported or rumored what we were going to do. We were irrelevant to their decision process.

20. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

I'm with you. Just sorta stating the obvious towards the OP