Do you watch the Jets games alone?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bassman, Jan 10, 2010.

1. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I watch Jet games alone, since none of my friends in Ohio like the Jets. The Wife doesn't like Football and usually goes shopping.

I actually prefer watching the game alone to concentrate on each and every play, can't focus with a bunch of people yapping.

I have a 57" TV in my Jetroom in the basement with NFL Sunday Ticket, life is good. My best friend comes over to watch the Steelers game if they're not on local TV.

2. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

I'm the same way, I watch the games alone. My wife will watch the games with me. I used to have a good buddy who watched all the games with me, but the past few years we've been too far apart to hook up for the games. I wouldn't mind having him around again.

#82 ny2dave, Jan 13, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2010
  3. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Watch it alone and act like a coach on the sidelines. That's me.

People who watch the games with me have to deal with me commenting on every play and showing them who did well on what play and what philosophy should be run on offense and Edwards better catch the fucking ball, etc.

They shouldn't have invited me.

4. DaftGreen

DaftGreen Member

Being I always have different places to be on Sundays no I don't watch alone.
    I split my time either at my buddy's sports bar, w/ my other friend and his 2 kids, watching with my girlfriends dad (thank god he's a fan), or at the games themselves.

I personally like watching w/ my friend with the kids as opposed to the bar and future father in law. The kids are really into it and I like that.

5. jetsyoung

jetsyoung New Member

I'm a lunatic who thinks the players can hear when I scream after every play. My brother sometimes dares to watch with me - family and friends know to leave me alone on game day

6. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

This is an interesting thread.

I think for most of us, the Jets experience is a personal one. I mean, I certainly don't post with my friends or at a bar, you know?

I watch every game at my best friend's house; he's also a big time Jets fan. But we're both very sensitive to ratios. The number of hardcore football fans must always exceed the number of casual observers by two to one. His girlfriend is usually there, so the ratio is safe. If my girlfriend comes, we need to recruit two more football fans.

You need a majority to tell people when they need to shut the fuck up and focus. Peripheral conversations can spoil the mood in a heartbeat.

Nothing pisses me off more than when, at an incredibly important point in the game, say a questionable pass interference call, I yell "Pass interference, are you kidding me?!" and a room full of people turn and look at me like I'm schizophrenic.

"Dude. Who are you talking to?"

"I'm talking to the game, you twits! Ugh!"

7. Sanchez All Day

Sanchez All Day New Member

I only watch the game with my dad. My friends always want to watch the games at a bar or something but everyone just pisses me off. In order to prevent flipping out on people I watch the games at home haha

8. gajetsfan

gajetsfan Member

I like to watch the games alone, but I have a two and four year old. My wife is a Falcons fan, who knows very little about football, and she usually watches that game upstairs, while I watch the Jets downstairs. We watched the Jets-Falcons game together, which was painful.

As others have posted, I have a tendency to yell at the T.V. During the first Buffalo game, my four year old son heard me yelling from upstairs, and came down to tell me, "Daddy, that's not nice; you have to apologize to Jets." Since I don't know any Jets fans locally, I prefer watching the games by myself.

9. FirstTimeCaller

FirstTimeCaller Active Member

I once choke slammed some fool for stepping in front of the TV.

10. wa2k99

wa2k99 Active Member

I go the sports bar if they're not on in Chi-town. Otherwise, I'd rather be home.

11. Jserr4802

Jserr4802 New Member

On a business trip in phoenix, went to a sports bar and watched half then my hotel room for the rest of game, what a game....awesome!!!
    still in phoenix, will watch in hotel room....Go Jets!!!

12. masivemunkey

masivemunkey Member

I watch it by myself always with my laptop open to gang green to complain about a shitty call or rave about a great play. I can't watch it with people around me, all my friends like to root against the Jets and even when there's someone who is neutral it annoys me massively whenever they say anything.

13. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

i watch the games with my dad and brother because they are like me. We watch in silence and dont go anywhere the entire game unless its commercials. The only time we talk is inbetween plays or commercials even though we are all drinking heavily (due to stress from watching the Jets).

14. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

With 2 kids under 5 I've been dvr'ing the games this season.
    No practical way to watch them live. Not as bad as it sounds though, watching games later in the day without commercials. You just need to be super careful about who you speak with before watching the game and ensure that you don't wear any Jets gear out of the house before gametime, so as to avoid some fellow fan commenting on your "un-watched" game while you stand on line at Home Depot.

15. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

I'm never alone when I watch with Jack Daniels!

San Diego delenda est.

16. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

I only watch them with my Dad or brother if I'm not watching by myself or at the game

17. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

We were split @ birth!
    add to the fact that I watch it in HD with a DVR...I'll actually rewind it quick just to see someone fuking up..or a big hit.

Funny thing is that I'll always see something and I'll usually hear "How did you see that"?

People really think I'm nutz because of how involved I get into the game....but
    Fukit, that's me.

18. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

I get the most awkward stares in bars for this reason.

More so than the doughnut stapled to my temple.

San Diego delenda est.

19. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I watch it with 4 other hardcore friends. No small talk, just intensity, hugging, slapping and screaming. Being loud and intense, drowns out the idiots on TV. Since we won last week, we are gonna wear the same clothes, sit in the same seats and eat the same food.

#99 sec314, Jan 14, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2010
  20. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

I watch most of the games home, even though this weekend I will be going to a bar with all Jet fans.
    When I am home the only thing is my kids know every curse word there is.