Do you want to see Peyton Manning in a Jets uniform next season?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jb1095, Jan 20, 2012.

?

Do you want to see Peyton Manning in a Jets uniform next season?

1. Yes

159 vote(s)
    41.4%
  2. No

225 vote(s)
    58.6%
  1. Braylon4ever

Braylon4ever Active Member

Hmm....Good point. :smile:

2. PATS16N0

PATS16N0 Banned

Are you people serious? You think you have even a chance at signing Peyton Manning? Look, I don't like Peyton Manning. He's selfish. He's a whiner. He's overrated in the clutch. The only reason he has a ring is because we stripped out offense in 2006. Peyton is a lot of things.

But he's not stupid.

He's not going to come play for your dysfunctional football team or your dysfunctional head coach. Do you seriously think Manning wants to come be a part of Rex Ryan's "guarantees?" Do you think Manning wants to return to getting owned by Tom Brady twice a year?

You have a better chance at signing Joe Montana as your starting quarterback.

3. Braylon4ever

Braylon4ever Active Member

[​IMG]

4. PATS16N0

PATS16N0 Banned

Not mad. Just letting you know, brah.
    You have no chance at Manning. He would never play in your circus show locker room. Your team is like the Jersey Shore of professional football.

5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

From your lips to God's ears.

6. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

Theoretically, yes. But they may already be better than us now, and even if they did get Manning, he's a huge injury risk. Let them have him, let them hamstring their cap and/or their drafts for the next few years.

7. The_Darksider

There's a bunch of guys clamoring for Peyton Manning on here. It's an ongoing battle between guys like me (who are firmly implanted in your camp) and the guys who seem to feel that the salary cap can be circumnavigated, Manning is healthy, the Jets really are only one player away and that most of the team would take salary cuts to get him in.

8. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

Yeah brah? You think so brah?

I guess we dont have a shot at getting Manning brah. Thanks for the solid information brah. Really appreciate it brah.

Brah.

Brah.

9. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

10. The_Darksider

Victor Cruz fumble anyone? Victor Cruz 99-yard touchdown anyone?

Come to think of it, Victor Cruz is like a rabbit's foot.

11. The_Darksider

Have you gotten a look at the receivers this guy has? Don't tell me he makes them better because that isn't entirely true. He's a very good QB and Im not disputing he's on the cusp of elite - but you saying they spend all their money on defense while ignoring the receiving corps they have is just silly.

12. The_Darksider

Agreed. Ryan is garbage when it comes to crunch time and he's got a much better offense than Sanchez does. Good receivers, great tight end, top running back. It's not even close.

Flacco is inconsistent - he and Sanchez are like mirror images of each other. Any time people point to Flacco and say he's good, I sorta laugh because most of the time those same guys say Sanchez sucks.

13. The_Darksider

This is the most ridiculous statement I've seen on this board. The Pats get at least semi-shut down by good defenses almost every time they play one. Jets in the playoffs last year, Ravens in the playoffs two years ago, Ravens again last week, Steelers earlier in the year - if the Jets had as good a defense as you are saying they do, they would have held the Pats to under 30 at least.

The defense needs a lot of help. A lot.

14. The_Darksider

12 of 26 is putting his team in a position to win? The defense held on both sides. Special teams decided the game. Smith made a couple of nice throws and that was it. Big deal.

12 of 26!!!!!!!!!!!

15. Corrado Sparano

Corrado Sparano New Member

Sanchez would look at home in a Seahawks uniform.

16. MenOverGod

MenOverGod Well-Known Member

I hope he retires. A S A P

17. reggiethetongue

Wow, 98 people want Peyton Manning in a Jets uniform next year.

I'm sure the Jets will magically fit Manning's contract under the cap while STILL addressing the holes in their roster. :rolleyes:

18. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Bad Jeresy Shore analogy since you have the player who gropes chicks on the dance floor :wink:

19. AJ Duhe

AJ Duhe Banned

If Philbin passes on Flynn, it's because he knows something, or at least thinks he does. Short of the Green Bay staff, there's no other coach in the league who's going to have a better understanding of what Flynn is capable of.

If Philbin believes in Flynn, I want him. If he doesn't, I'm okay with that too.

I doubt Peyton is scared of playing the Jets or Brady twice a year. The guy is a competitor. As for Miami being a good fit, he'd be coming into a situation where a new offense is being established. Peyton called his own plays in Indy and I don't think any team that's going to greatly hinder his ability to do that is going to be a good fit. Because Miami is revamping their offense entirely, it won't require any greater effort or relearning to make Manning comfortable in that offense.

Our line isn't too shabby right now. We need a right tackle and we're golden. And if we can address the qb position through free agency (i.e. Manning or Flynn), we can draft a T in the 1st round. There's a decent chance that Riley Reiff will fall to us.

20. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

You're going to protect the strong side of an immobile pocket QB (with a broken neck) with a rookie? That's not gold, it's iron pyrite.