Do you want the Jets to trade for OBJ?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Apr 29, 2020.

?

Read the Title

1. Yes

18.8%
  2. No

81.3%
  1. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

4 whole catches for 28 yards. A real difference maker.
    He was a beast, lol

[​IMG]

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  2. fansince90

fansince90 Well-Known Member

After watching the commercial of him making one handed catches while balancing on one leg... I may be second guessing my original response of No.

3. fansince90

Well, he was great when I went to the game last season. He put the petal to the metal, and no one could catch him. Reminds me when I’m on the road and I decide to give the Scat a little gas. Rear view...bye bye!

4. fansince90

I don’t want to fight... can’t we all just get along! Lol. Witty word play wins over my wonderings.

K'OB likes this.
  5. Jaybranch23

Jaybranch23 Active Member

I’m surprised that more people are voting “no.” It would depend on the price - but we’re taking about a top 5 WR in the NFL (and in my opinion that’s underselling his talent.). I’d definitely want him - but it would need to be on the cheap - the jets have so many other holes that they need all the draft capital they can get.
    Saying you wouldn’t take him if he were released it crazy talk. I get the locker room dynamics - but it’s not like this guy loads or anything like that - he’s like a lot of WRs - they want the ball thrown their way more times than not and aren’t shy to let people know that (and they do what they can to get attention their way)

Brook! likes this.
  6. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

Again he hasn't been a top 5 talent in 3 years. Not even a top 10 really. If we could get the production from his first year years then maybe. But with the extra baggage he isn't worth it.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  7. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Not many receivers have created the kind if distractions he has for the majority of his career. Some overblown by the media, some aren't.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  8. But thats only speaking in terms of production which has alot of different variables. What's he bringing to a football team that goes beyond the #'s? A physically superior Z receiver w. extremely fluid movement skills which allow him to separate w. ease & attack all areas of the field.

Whats the Jets WR corps really lacking at this point? Exactly what's written above.

No sense in debating the off the field/intangible component.You either believe he can mature or dont think he can

The only thing that surprises me is how quickly folks are dismissing him w.o even a second thought considering Sam's development, the current WR group & the WR group of the last 10 yrs. Like we're not even gonna consider bringing in someone dynamic like this?

#108 KurtTheJetsFan, May 3, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2020
  9. Jonathan_Vilma

This team just isn't prepared to handle a personality like that. Our young quarterback has trouble (even if weird injuries) staying healthy, our head coach is finding his footing and already has a running feud with a player on the team that has that I don't give a shit I'll say what I want attitude. We don't need to add any more volatility to Sam's growing situation.

Odell needs a respected coach on the field quarterback. The Colts or Packers really should make the move. He'd fit both of those situations well.

J-Raw24 likes this.
  10. So be it.But we’re running out of chances to get Sam legit weapons before his contract is up. Maybe that sounds silly but consider how little theyve provided him up to this stage compared to Buffalo,Cleveland & ill even throw in AZ for both Rosen & Murray.Just keep that in mind.Sooner or later conviction is needed & risk must be taken & dont care if im a broken record.

J-Raw24 likes this.
  11. Jonathan_Vilma

No I agree with that. I just don't think OBJ is a good fit. I was all for taking Jeudy or Lamb over Mims who I viewed as more of a project than an immediate contributor. I think our thoughts on receiver vs. offensive line align pretty well.

Hopefully Becton and the new offensive lineman can open up the running game enough to improve the passing game.

12. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

I agree. We definitely need to get him weapons. Hopefully Mims can be one. Crowder is one. Hopefully our TEs can stay healthy and help him. I also think we need to make WR a focus going forward until we fix his weapons. I'm a big defense fan. 2 of my favorite college prospects were Okudah and Brown, but the offense has to be fixed. We need to protect Darnold AND give him weapons. Both are very important. My hope is we throw picks and money at offense until it's fixed. But I just do not believe in OBJ fixing it. I think he will cause more trouble than he's worth.

I'm hoping there is a trade to be had for someone or that JD has more planned. This is year 3 and we need to help Darnold. Not saying WR isn't still an issue at all. Just that we need to find the right players.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.