Do you want the Jets to trade for OBJ?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Apr 29, 2020.

?

Read the Title

1. Yes

18.8%
  2. No

81.3%
  1. DefenseWinsChampionships

I'm sure you watch Jets football, right?

Don't you dare call me out for loving Beckham Jr throughout his first 6 years (despite being injured during one of them).

You're the same one who considered rookies from 2020 BUSTS or potential INJURED PLAYERS because of "WHAT SCHOOL THEY WERE DRAFTED FROM" You laughed @ the Gators draft pick as a HOMER FSU fan

so please do not quote me in order to try and correct the way I see the game of football I love Beckham Jr and you're not allowed to try and change my mind he's a future HOF player and I know it; you might not but I do. In his PRIME too lol.

And I see you always talking bad about me and my posts so do yourself a little favor and put me on ignore because I don't like talking football with you (@ all).

2. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

You seem to lack the basic understanding of what is demanded from a professional athlete. He's 27 years old. He's not a kid in High School. He's a grown ass man making millions of dollars in the National Football League.

His character concerns are very real concerns. Just because he has not committed "rape or murder" does not make him that less of a distraction. No one is asking that all players be "church boys". They ask that all players act like grown ass men that play on a team in a team sport. Not complain when the ball doesn't get thrown your way every 5 seconds. Yes, most WR's are prima donna's, but that does not mean that Douglas should sign him to a developing roster with a young QB just because he's talented.

And while all players are not "church boys", a vast majority of them have their head on straight and do their jobs as players and teammates.

You have a VERY LOW bar if rape, murder, and crack cocaine are your only negatives.

And do me a favor, do not respond with some YouTube video trying to make a point. It's getting old

ColoradoContrails and K'OB like this.
  3. Falco21

49 votes - No
    7 votes - Yes

K'OB likes this.
  4. DefenseWinsChampionships

You think I care about Jet fan votes on a forum dude?

I've heard Jet fans call Curtis a stat compiler, John Abraham soft, Chad Pennington noodle arm, Adams a box safety etc etc I couldn't care less.

I also watched Jet fans laugh me off as I predicted Bell would become a Jet.

https://forums.theganggreen.com/thr...ut-does-maccagnan-push-come-2019.90995/page-2

66.7 voted NO.
    22.2 voted YES.

I was right.
    Jet fans were wrong.

Your ''49 and 7 votes" means nothing to me dude.

Just like they meant nothing to me when I created my Le'Veon Bell thread.

Nothing you can tell me will change the fact that I'd love an awesome Odell Beckham Jr/Denzel Mims as a WR duo and outside tandem.
    For Sam DARNOLD,
    And Odell Beckham Jr is a FUTURE HALL OF FAME GREAT WR.

5. Falco21

Yes - 8
    No - 50

6. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

It’s the haircut, isn’t it?

FJF likes this.
  7. DefenseWinsChampionships

I don't buy stock into clueless voters guy.

I know Football.

And I know that I'm in support of a Future Hall of Fame WR Great...
    While you're talking about "TGG VOTES".
    hah.

And stop quoting my every post of every thread of every though of mine. I hate talking football with you so please ignore me already. There was a thread created about OBJ. I gave my thoughts. The end. I could care less about jet fan votes. Go quote someone else.

8. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

By trade for him what are we giving up? I think it's hard to argue we wouldn't be better with a potentially much more dynamic attacking offense with him. The rumor is MN offered a 2 and a 5. The Jets 2 is probably worth more than MN will be but that's a bit of a crap shoot. I probably would do it if he wanted to be here. He's signed through 2023. If he wanted a new deal I wouldn't be interested. He would really have to want to be here on his current contract. His current deal would be roughly 15 million per tied up through 23 and cuttable after this year with no dead cap hit. That's not bad.

9. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Right now out of his contemporaries, Michael Thomas, Julio Jones, Hill and Hopkins are all better. Larry Fitz is still playing and going first ballot. If he doesn't get a ring or put up another 4 or 5 big years he won't sniff the HOF.

To edit Mike Evans has been better.

FJF likes this.
  10. DefenseWinsChampionships

Well of course look at who his QB has been Mayfield last year and broken down Eli Manning?

Give Beckham Jr a Drew Brees, Watson, even Matt Ryan and especially Patrick Mahomes and then you can talk to me about them "being better".

I love him as a WR and that's my personal fan right.

He's #3 ALL-TIME in Receiving Yards Per GAME!

11. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

What a dickhead, you have your wish as of now.

12. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

Some people belong on the block list.

K'OB likes this.
  13. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

That's what you got? Pretty lame argument. None of those teams want him.

14. DefenseWinsChampionships

Hah! Just like no teams wanted Randy Moss? Go ahead. Release him today. 30+ teams will become interested and only one will be lucky enough to land him. "None of those teams want him".

Even Carolina wanted Robby Anderson lol

15. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Randi Moss made Cullpeper look like a HOF QB.

16. DefenseWinsChampionships

He didn't make any of his Oakland WR's look like even Pro Bowl QB's.
    Which is why N.E and Brady landed him for pennies on the dollar.
    And went 16-0.

Damn I'd love to see Beckham Jr with a Montana (Rice), T.O (Young) and/or even a Mahomes from K.C or any other elite NFL QB. Sam Darnold would be pretty dope with him too.

17. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

It's hard to vote without the context of what the trade would be. For example:

If the jets gave up a 1st rounder, I would vote no.

If the jets gave up a 2nd rounder, I'd vote maybe.

If the jets have up a 3rd rounder, I'd vote yes.

18. Falco21

Yes - 8
    No - 53

19. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I'd rather draft one of Ja'Marr Chase, Devonta Smith, or Jaylen Waddle next year to develop with Sam for the next 5-10 years. Besides, OBJ doesn't seem like the kind of player Douglas wants on the team.

ColoradoContrails and J-Raw24 like this.
  20. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

Add Justyn Ross to that list, but I agree. Another big draft pick next year at receiver will be much better than bringing OBJ here. We have a young team and we can keep bringing in young talent. If Douglas can manage contracts like he has been and keep our homegrown talent we could have a bright future.