Do you think the media is trying to undermine the New York Jets?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ArmandJ, Dec 28, 2012.

1. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

I'm watching that video of him doing a mega fist pump after getting a field goal against Oakland that him up by 9...with four minutes left.

It's just so pathetic it's funny...I am honestly embarrassed that we hired him. I don't know how you all dealt with him.

2. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

The media isn't doing anything to the Jets that they didn't do to themselves.

3. NYCKNP

NYCKNP Member

ESPN had an agenda and that was to see the New York Jets fail this season, no matter what. The Jets did fail this season, but it was mostly due to the organization's problems and not from outside. Looked like ESPN got it's wish this year. One day when the Jets return to the playoffs, and when they do ESPN is going to be crying like a bunch of babies.

4. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Well looking at records they weren't the worst team in the league. Looking at expectations, they weren't the most disappointing team in the league. Looking at facts, they aren't the worst team in the league. I don't follow how they came up with that. If we were 2-14 or 3-13 I would 100% agree with them We seem to be a mediocre to below average team with injuries, but not the worst. If Sanchez is so bad, we have to pretty good in other areas to back our way into 6 wins.

5. DuhesSeaOfMud

DuhesSeaOfMud Member

It's nice that Jets and Dolphins fans can come together and agree on one of the few truisms of the universe: Tony Sparano is the absolute worst coach (in any capacity) in the history of the NFL. Dude's a straight up fucking retard.

6. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Seriously? They covered us like crazy in the preseason, if anything, they would probably want us in the playoffs... And the objective was to cover Tebow and Sanchez.

The media isn't set up to see the Jets fail. The Jets do this to themselves, and then it gets blown way out of proportion in this city.

The Jets are losing and have had more embarrassing losses than ever on the field. The offense is unwatchable. When you're winning, everything is good. When you're losing, there is going to be more blame and more problems.

And the Jets brought the microscope on themselves with Tebow. The Jets would be fools not to recognize what bringing Tebow to this market meant, with Sanchez already here. So the media is invested in the Jets season, so they will continue to cover the Jets. I'm sure a lot of writers/reporters are sick of covering a bad football team like crazy since August, too, but the Jets continuously find ways to stay in the news.

7. blantyr

blantyr Member

Hype

You guys have the twin problems of being a major media city and Rex Ryan. (Tebow is also contributing, but I can't judge how much that's his own fault.) Over the last several years the Jets have gotten far more media attention than they really deserved. This year, same thing.

If the team doesn't hype itself so much in years where they are contending, they might get less crossfire during down years. Still, New York is New York. I don't expect all the hype to go away, no matter how the team, media and fans behave.

8. AlToon

AlToon Member

The media?

This fan base is paranoid.

The coach is a spectacle. He doesn't shut up at all. Just like his daddy Buddy. The soap opera and zoo was created by Rex. Not by the media.

The New York Daily News leaks started last year with the Manning stuff. Someone in the organization is talking. Stop blaming the writer or accusing the writer of making up stories.

In the past few weeks,the leaks have continued. Trading Sanchez. Trading Tebow. Tebow asking out of the wildcat packages. This time that info was leaked to everyone.

This franchise is a zoo. It was created by Rex. When Mangini was the coach,you couldn't get anything out of the Jets. Nothing.

9. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

ESPN's agenda was not to see the Jets fail, but was to see Tebow play. The same with the NFL network. The media scrutiny, which was here because of the bravado in previous seasons, intensified immensely when Tebow was brought in.

After last season's locker room melt down and the promises by the Jets and Rex to change and fix the problems, the Jets went out and brought in the most scrutinized, divisive player in the NFL. That undermined everything the Jets needed to do and completely undermined Sanchez. That is what happened this year. The Jets needed to put their heads down and fix the problems with the team that became evident at the end of last season - RT, Safety, pass rush, WR, RB, and form a cohesive locker room. The only thing out of this list that was addressed was a safety. Last year there was no training camp to speak of because of the lock out. This year was going to be different, but it was worse because of the microscope Tebow brought on this team.

The Jets go to Cortland every year to "get away" and to bond. This year, Cortland became NFL central and reports came out of every practice with Sanchez v Tebow and offense v defense. Does anyone ever remember a training camp like that? Day by day passing stats of one QB v another? How this wildcat offense was a big secret that would not get unveiled? That was the beginning of the end for this team. Add in the personnel deficiencies and you get 6-10.

Bringing Tebow in led Eli Manning, who had just won a SB, to remark that he was getting less attention than the two Jets QBs. Didn't that give us a clue as to the media's intentions for 2012?

I can remember the 2011 season and how much I hated watching the Sunday night highlight shows because it was Tebow Tebow Tebow and the other 15 games and 31 teams were almost irrelevant. This from a QB that was completing 8 passes a game.

I remember Mark Schlereth saying this Spring that the Jets have no idea what they brought on themselves and went on to describe how the media descended on the Broncos in training camp in 2011 and how bad it got for Orton and the rest of the team and how no team could be successful with such an atmosphere.

Elway knew he had to do anything to get Tebow out of Denver and he did it the right way - fortunate for him that Manning was available and was convinced to sign there. The Jets have no graceful way out of this now.

The Tebow acquisition was one of the worst moves in Jets history without question.

10. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

which is how? the jets haven't acted like anything this season and most of the supposed "bravado" was a media invention in any event.

11. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

What has Rex said this year? in fact, what has he ever said that was really all that controversial or disrespectful during his 4yr tenure?

12. horsehead

horsehead Well-Known Member

The media sets out to do one thing...sell their product.
    Whether the Jets win or lose.
    The NY tabloids would certainly sell more papers if the Jets moved further along in the post-season.
    ESPN wanted us to lose just enough so Tebow could have been their daily focus (as if it wasn't already). A Tebow playoff appearance would have been like the Super Bowl for them.

No one was out to get us, we did it all by ourselves.

13. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Well, now we have proof.

Flipped over to the Giants game, just in time to catch the Score alert banner.

Bills 14 Jets 3?

Interesting.

14. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

It was 9-7, and now it's 14-9. Was never 14-3. Go back to the Giants game.

15. Hobbes3259

No call for the hit on defenseless receiver?

16. Hobbes3259

No shit sherlock. I'm telling you what Fox put on the crawler. Learn to read retard.