Do you think the media is trying to undermine the New York Jets?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ArmandJ, Dec 28, 2012.

1. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

I'm assuming they're taking everything into consideration besides W and L's...?

I can understand the argument of being a poorly run franchise, but having 6/7 wins doesn't make us the worst team out there. It just makes us a mediocre to bad team.

The good news is that when Tebow leaves, a lot of the ESPN hysteria will die down and we don't have to have people stalking anyone again.

2. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

The Jets are a boring product with unsold and discounted PSL's. Buzz is buzz the leaks are intentional by the organization. The media is a tool the Jets are using the tool. We are being tooled.

3. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more. F ESPN. They should be ashamed of themselves. The FO deserves all the hate they are getting because they ignorantly brought this on themselves but ESPN is a shit spewing bureaucracy.

4. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

Translation? ESPN producers know people love to hate the jets. Jets aren't a worse team than Jax, but no one in US outside of Florida gives a shit about JaX.

5. Jon_Snow

Jon_Snow New Member

Same goes for KC and other small market teams. Besides that Jets are the only one who talks about how good they're going to be before they implode in spectacular fashion.

6. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

7. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Ask the Eagles about that

8. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

Not even close to the same thing. Rex didn't say we have a dream team or the best team in the NFL. He said he felt the team he had was the best Jets team he's coached to date. Not even close to the same thing.

9. allan1

allan1 Active Member

All I know is that that Dallas Cowboys had a player who just KILLED A TEAMMATE in a drunk driving accident...still lingering on the sidelines and fist pumping and they only received mild criticism from the media.......1/100th of the heat the Jets do.

10. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Good Point

Media trying to fulfill a narrative

11. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

Cowboys do get a lot of focus by media but I think since the victim's mom wanted Brent to be embraced by team and on sideline it took some heat off of team.

But yes, Braylon's DWI probably got as much coverage as the Dallas incident, and that's a product of the NY media market.

12. dreamsfloatjoe

dreamsfloatjoe New Member

13. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Felt like the gossip pages and not the sports page all year. This season sucked for following this team.

14. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Yes and it's obvious. The media are pissed off that we didn't heavily use Tebow or give them Tebow news every week. They are butthurt, lost precious ratings alienating fans as a result, and are now banking on the Jets downfall. They've been doing it all year. From 3 seperate anonymous source rumors which are all either being intentionally and falsely fed to the reporters or the reporters are making it up. They hate the Jets and now since most people are sheep, the Jets are the most hated team in the NFL. You can't make this shit up. Early in the season there was this mysterious QB controversy that did not even exist. In fact, it never did. The plan was always about Sanchez, and it wasn't until he royally shit the bed that they stopped being loyal to him despite the contract. Rex and the other coaches saw Sanchez in practice and knew he was miles better than the others on the roster. Now, the Jets skipping Tebow for McElroy has driven them over the edge and it's pure hate. There used to be a little bit of actual news hidden in there with the Jets bashing, but not anymore.

15. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

Hey Barcs, you again I see....lol Have you ever stepped back and considered that the Jets do this to themselves by the way they conduct themselves? Rats jump off of sinking ships, and once this started to go bad, it snowballed and now you have stuff happening every week. It's not hard to find unhappy people who will give a quote when things get like they are now.

I'm sure some of the stuff was said in a different context than it was presented, and I'm sure there was some stuff that was embellished a bit - but I don't think all that much of it was made up.

And the media isn't going to get angry at the Jets for not playing Tebow - was that serious statement? The Jets totally brought that on themselves by trading for the guy, promising to play him 15-20 plays a game, then not playing him more than one or two and ignoring the questions about it. Did the media force Rex to do that for stories? You bring in the most popular guy in the NFL and you don't think it's going to be news all year?

I mean, I love the Jets too, to the point of obsession, to the point where I wear almost nothing but Jets gear all year around, and can talk about them all day (obviously, look how much I've been on this board lately) but you gotta retain some objectivity.

16. ArmandJ

I remember Rex saying he could play 'up to 20 snaps' not '20 snaps'. Big difference.

17. The_Darksider

I believe at one point he said that he expected that Tebow would play up to 15-20 snaps per game. "Up to" certainly is the key part of the phrase, but no one took that as an implication that he'd get 3-4 snaps per game that were, essentially, "dance for a second and then run up the middle for 2 yards". So while you are technically correct I don't see how this changes my assessment of the situation.

18. ArmandJ

I agree. I was expecting Tebow to be a lot more useful...

It certainly didn't help that we had field goal fist pumper running our offense...

19. The_Darksider

Yup, I remember reading a post from a Dolphin fan last year that said the Sparano's entire offense was based on trying to kick field goals and touchdowns were accidents or something like that. I thought he was exaggerating but man, they really do love those FGs.

20. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

I enjoyed his services. :up: