Do we still hate Hackett?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KOWIE, Sep 26, 2006.

1. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

He sucked before the injury

2. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

Under Herm it was always the OC making the play calls and if he was being overuled by Herm resulting in the horribly predictible offense that we saw in the stands it is his job to stand up and fight for the final say on the plays.

I don't care who the OC is he has to fight for what he believes is best for the offense. IF he gets fired for it than so be it!

3. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

:up: F@$@! Hackett. Good riddance. :)

4. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

We hate em

Herm and Hackett, perfect together...

5. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

In my opinion, and anyone (NYJUNC) can debate this thill he's are blue in the face... Herm Edwards knows little about the X's and O's and finer points of Coaching football... he was a player who got a few jobs working with the DB's, latched on to Dungy and assisted him and then BAM had a buddy who gave him a HC job - guy was Way over his head and really knows little about Game planning, making adjustments and is just lost as anyone I have ever seen on the field when it comes to making a snap decision.

Football Wise Hackett is Worlds more knowledgeable than Herm...

Face it - Hackett was coaching and perfecting his trade when Herm was still running around like an idiot... At what point was Herm supposed to gain more knowledge than this guy coaching from 1969 on???????????????????

By the time Herm even Played in the NFL HAckett ALREADY had more FOOTBALL KNOWLEDEG than Herm ever will.

What... did Herm go into some Intense Football University Training - If he did Hackett was probably the guy talking Offense or at least one of the candidates....

I just don't know when or where people thought this Clown Buffoon was fit to be a Head Coach. WHEN DID HE SUDDENLY GET MORE KNOWLEDGE THAN A GUY EVEN LIKE HACKETT WHO WAS COACHING YEARS BEFORE HERM EVEN PLAYED THE GAME?

He had a friend who made him a HC and now another who gave him his 2nd Job...

I GUARANTEE that Herm won't be a HC for another NFL Team. GUARANTEE it- Save this post... The man has run out of friends in high places willing to give an idiot a job.....

As people have said, Hackett is on eof the smartest Offensive guys in the game..... Problem is he can't call a game or game plan.

A GOOD HC who can Game plan and aclal a Game + HAckett Can be VERY GOOD.

Herm + Hackett = DISASTER.

6. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

But, I still hate Hacket.

Just less than Herm.

And Herm Less than Bradway - A guy who hired Herm and thought the NYJ GM job was a part time one.

7. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

8. GeorgeCoztanza

GeorgeCoztanza New Member

Yes, he was not under Herm when he was doing the same things at USC and Pitt and with the Chiefs.

9. VickBlows

VickBlows Active Member

He has been getting the piss kicked out of him since the first snap this season.

10. NYJets38

NYJets38 New Member

Hackett has a proven track record of being a horrible play caller, so yes, he still gets a lot of blame.

11. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Yeah and the O we ran last year had nothing to do w/ playing 5 different QBs, having to use our 3rd string RB, having only 1 OL start and finis the year at the same position, and losing our TE. it was all Herm:rofl:

I wouldn't say little but he obviously wasn't an X and O kind of coach.

hackett is a great teacher of offense, he knows the game inside and out and has a great O to run. his problem is playcalling, he is a terrible playcaller.

he already has a 2nd job and people on here said he's never get that and that team gave up a pick for him.

12. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

His Buddies were Bradway and Carl Peterson.....

The ONLY 2nd job he could have had was running out of town to Carl Peterson. I think Herm knew that - The walls were closing in here and he had an opportunity at a fresh start there....

I GUARANTEE he doesn't coach another NFL team as a HC.

And as for your admission that Herm wasn't an X's and O's guy - WHY WHY WHY do you battle the people who tell the truth about Herm when you admit THAT........

Your HC SHOULD be an X's and O's guy.. PERIOD....

There's too many smart Football Minds in the game to hang your hat on a guy who's is basically a cheerleader.....

13. Lemmiwinks

Lemmiwinks Member

I really hated Hackett, until last season, when I noticed that our new "stretch the field" OC Dingleberry, whatever his name was, started pulling the same shit that Hackett did. I realized that it was Edwards, who put the handcuffs on these guys, and he's doing it again in Kansas City. That's why Al Saunders left if you ask me. Edwards is singlehandedly ruining the left overs from Vermeil's fine offense.

14. I bleed Jets Green

I bleed Jets Green New Member

Hackett is no longer on this team. He is an after thought. The man is a former shell of himself. I'm not even giving a thought about him, and neither should any of you.

15. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

Laugh all you want...herm was not to blame for all the injuries we had (obviosuly)

BUT, he was the one drowing out the offense...who do you think was the shmuck to call about 2 pass plays in that baltimoe game last year...

Motha fuckin Herm...

16. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

If I remember right, didn't the Bucs NOT SCORE A TD IN THEIR FIRST 2 GAMES?

yeah, simms was looking swell.

17. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Hackett sucked but he received an unfair heap of criticism from the fans because a lot of us, myself included, bought into the notion that the offense was completely Hackett's fault. It definitely was in large part his fault, but ultimately it's the head coaches responsibility to make things work. In hindsight, Herm is bringing down every OC he gets his hands on, so I think a lot of the weight of the blame that Hackett received should be shifted to Herm.

I would never take Hackett back, but I think Herm deserved to get run out of NY with Hackett, instead of after him.

18. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Now That's funny!! :rofl:

19. boomer

boomer Active Member

20. craignyj

craignyj New Member

he will always suck