Do we draft a new QB next year?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jojo, Jul 13, 2023.

1. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

"Like it or not, their best prospect for solid, if not great, QB play after Rodgers retires is Zach."

This is way over the top. Wilson has never demonstrated any consistent capacity for solid NFL play. We all need to root for the Jets to win - every time Wilson has been given the opportunity to prove he can consistently make that happen has resulted in failure. How about requiring a bit of competence before rooting for anyone?

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

It is not over the top. If you had any understanding of what being a fan is, you'd know why it isn't over the top. Being a fan means you root for all the players of that team to succeed and to play well. It doesn't mean that you wait and only root for them if they become very good players. If you even had good reasoning skills, you'd know why it isn't over the top. The Jets aren't going to have the cap space to sign a very good FA QB even if one were available, and they probably won't be drafting anywhere near where they'd need to get a competent starting QB. Zach developing this year and showing Saleh, the CS and JD that he has turned things around IS the best chance the Jets have for having solid QB play after Rodgers retires. If you can't see that, then it's totally on you and your narrow mind.

Good, logical reasons have been given for Zach's struggles, and you obviously don't want to accept or believe them. That's your right, but this is the last time I'm responding to you. You definitely do not have the attitude of a fan. I don't understand why people like you even post here.

ColoradoContrails and burf like this.
  3. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

So no rooting for any of this year's draft picks?

4. Ralebird

You don't get to lecture anyone here on how to be a fan when you have quit your fandom more than once in the past few years. Fact!

Being a fan has nothing to do with suspending reality - you root for the team. That means no player is above the team - if they stink up the joint you give them another chance - they're not all going to work out.

It's especially true when a guy is given multiple opportunities but is still not up to the requirements of the NFL game. Could it happen some day? Yeah, but let's see a sign when he's not wearing a red shirt.

Instead of constantly looking backwards for "good logical reasons" for failure, how about looking forward for good logical reasons for success rather than simply making excuses for the past and wishing and hoping for the future? Reality may bite but that's just the way it goes sometimes and you need to move on.j

#64 Ralebird, Jul 26, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2023
    abyzmul likes this.
  5. Ralebird

That's an odd take. Everybody starts with a clean slate and they get to make it or break it. Rookies are here because they showed well in college but this is a very different game. The transition can be painful. You root for them to make it but this is real life, not fantasy - many will fail. Any Jets fan should understand that.

6. bicketybam

I'm just going off what you wrote. A player needs to show a level of competence before we can root for them. Your words, not mine.

7. Ralebird

I trust that even you can understand the difference but you just like to be difficult. So be it.

8. bicketybam

I learned from the best!