Discussion for the 23rd Overall Pick

Discussion in 'Draft' started by GasedAndConfused, Apr 5, 2021.

1. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Big Board for 23

Tevin Jenkins OT OkSt
    Creed Humphrey C OU
    Travis Etienne RB Clemson
    Najee Harris RB bama
    Alex Leatherwood OT Bama

also, I would not be opposed to packaging 23 and say next years Seattle first if a guy like Pitts, Smith or Chase fall into the mid teens.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  2. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Hopefully someone else will slide a bit.

Red Menace likes this.
  3. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

All I am saying is there is no point to go D. Even if Jaycee Horn slides, well maybe not for him lol. The point is we can't make the same mistakes we made with Sam. If we go WR, I would go for Ama St Brown (round 3) and cut Crowder. Or, trade up if someone slides. Otherwise, heavy on the OL with those first two picks. Trade back if needed since plenty of OL or draft a stud RB.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  4. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

no RBs or edge though. not a need. We also badly need Lbers and everyone is ignoring that for some reason

5. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

I agree with this. Jets needs to set up Wilson to succeed not have a repeat with Darnold.

Ideally Harris or Etienne would fall to pick 34 (they are in many of the mock drafts). I am a fan of going OL or WR with the 23rd pick as well.

6. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Couldn’t disagree more. In my opinion this is the order of crucial need.

QB
    RB
    CB
    Edge
    CB
    LB
    G
    TE

7. Rockinz

The need for impact starters is huge and JD has his work cut out for him with a small sample size

8. Kryoptix

Kryoptix Well-Known Member

Any RB can look good if you have a great oline.
    Having the best RB but without any holes available is useless. Fix the oline and all our running game problems are fixed.

ColoradoContrails and REVISion like this.
  9. GasedAndConfused

clearly your not accounting for how the niners used RBs. group of guys rotating. they don't bell cow. we'll have ty, coleman, and adams splitting carries. IDK how you can have Lber so low when we literally have nothing at the position and it's key for the defense saleh wants to run. but when we have 3 RBs that fit the system all good to go. Plus edge is way too high. we have JFM, lawson, curry plus huff and zuniga from last years draft.

This list is way off from reality

10. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

Only Jenkins is rated that high. Harris could go early to the Dolphins.

Smith or Chase to the mid-teens? Sorry but Chase is probably the best non QB in this draft. Smith will not get past the Giants at 12. Pitts is gone by 6 or 7.

In order to get Chase or Pitts you need the 4h pick, which I want and would select Chase. Then try to draft Friermuth. I would also draft Pitts and select a WR later on. Several good ones, although Chase is the complete package, and really want him.

11. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

OL or CB for me.

If one of the top three WRs fall to 23, I'd be fine with that as well. Probably not happening though.

I'm not touching RB until the third round.

12. Rockinz

Once again they didn’t have a rookie QB under center.. that’s the point here.. Wilson will grow tremendously with a bell cow just like Dak when he had Zeke in his rookie year. Look how Tua did last year without a stud RB and I guarantee they get him one this year. Look at Daniel Jones with Barkley as a rookie and without him as a softmore. Huge regression because the d just focused on him. Look even to Jets history and how much better Sanchez was with LT and then without. It’s night and day

I agree the system can work with RBBC but that’s not my point and not what I’m looking for. The point is ZW will develop better with a stud bell cow then a Guard that we can get with almost the same skill set from in the 4th/5th round.

I don’t even want to start the kid tbh it scares me that we are doing that. Given how it worked out with Darnold. We need to surround ZW with a RB full of juice and that will make the D guess.

13. Rockinz

That’s a myth. The only crucial piece to an OL is LT and C. After that it’s far less of a need. Creed Humphrey is the only IOL I would consider at 34. That’s it, there will be plenty of solid guards in the 3rd/4th/5th/6th

14. GasedAndConfused

pretty sure either bethard or mullins started as a rookie due to jimmy g getting hurt but nonetheless it's irrelevant. you don't sell out for 1 year and leverage the future. you build the system and players around it and help them grow into it. Also dak looked better when zeke was out and ollard was the main back. zeke is highly overrated and overpaid. awful example. tua is bad because he's bad. jones was better without barkley. D's don't key into a QB becuase they don't do anything. they key into skill positions. RBs and WRs and TEs. people the QB give the ball too. with a rare exception like murray or jackson because mobility.

Rodgers never had stud RBs until just now when he's 37. mahomes never had and still doens't a stud RB. Josh allen doesn't have a stud RB. Lamaar Jackson doens't have a stud RB. LT was broke down by the time we got him and sanchez was garbage. You are just way off here

15. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

And there will be plenty of solid RB's in the 3rd, 4th, and 5th rounds.

16. Rockinz

Probably but there is a huge difference between a solid RB and a stud RB

17. Rockinz

I’m referring to when Dak was a rookie and Zeke was the rushing champ. Dak blossomed with Zeke that year.

What are u talking about? They tried to get one last year in the first round with CEH and trading for Bell when he got hurt....

18. Kryoptix

Kryoptix Well-Known Member

I have seen so many highly rated RB fail to the expectations. Some were considered studs and workhorse too.

I would never want us to invest more than a 3rd round on a RB.

I can guarantee that if we improve the oline the same RB we currently have will have significantly better stats.

19. GasedAndConfused

They didn't get zeke to help dak. they were drafted the same year. zeke 4th overall and dak in the 4th round. dak did good as a rookie but in year 2 regressed. zeke was suspended the 1st 6 games and dak played well. then zeke came back and his production dropped. he lost rythem due to them force feeding zeke. dak has played best when zeke is part of the offense but not featured.

cheifs took CEH when they already had a stacked team and still didn't run him that much. they use RBBC. they added bell to add to that comittee but he barely played for them

all the top tier RBs featured haven't helped their QBs. CMC, cook, henry, etc none of them help bring a long a rookie. your just way off in stating the importance of a RB to a rookie CB. this offensive system is very rookie QB friendly. it's not the gase nonsense.

20. Rockinz

I guess you got ur heals dug in on this one and so do I. Let’s see what happens in 3 weeks

My guess JD takes a RB within the first 3 rounds. It’s such a huge position of need and I have faith he understands football to know it will help his rookie qb grow.