Didn't watch the game...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ukjetsfan, Oct 28, 2019.

1. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I've missed lots of Jets games in my 35 years as a fan, but last night was the first time I can remember where I had the opportunity to watch and chose not to.

England got into the the final of the Rugby World Cup on Saturday and I had a great weekend of watching rugby and celebrating. I'm now looking forward to the final next Saturday.

As kickoff for the Jets game approached I just thought, why spoil my good mood? So I didn't watch. I checked in every now and then, noted how many interceptions Sam was throwing and thought, thank God I didn't watch that.

I think I have reached a crossroads. I don't know if I can continue to put myself through the misery of watching this team play. My two boys have both suddenly shown an interest in the game, completely out of the blue. I have recommended they follow the Chiefs.

I'm going to look at results for the rest of the year, enjoy some of the other games (thankfully, I really love the game so I can still get pleasure from the other teams), watch the playoffs and the Super Bowl and wait for the offseason to see if we have a GM who knows what he's doing.

But as for watching this pathetic team actually play? I've got better things to do.

ConcordeChops likes this.
  2. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

We've all "got better things to do".

At least I hope so...

3. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

I’ve gone through that phase and come out the other side into downright apathy.

I now look forward to timeouts just so Tony Romo can sell me Corona.

ukjetsfan likes this.
  4. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

As a UK resident its amazing how much I know about pick-up trucks and the side effects of pharmaceuticals just from watching NFL games.

ConcordeChops likes this.