Did Zach Wilson.....?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Dec 12, 2021.

?

Your grade for Zach as of Week 14

1. Met my expectations

16.5%
  2. Didn't meet my expactations

83.5%
  1. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

This game was more than just all right. Zach has no weapons and a terrible o line. Mims dropped a sure TD pass again and was benched. And yet Zach still managed to score 2 TDs, and though came close didn't turn the ball over. This was a good game by Zach. Without weapons he simply won't be able to have a breakout game you speak of. It's pretty remarkable he was able to do what he has done so far with Moore and Davis out. And this is considering Moore is still growing as rookie and doesn't have size, and Davis greatly underperformed.

ColoradoContrails and Noam like this.
  2. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Can't wait for some beat reporter to ask Zach about his lack of production this week.

If Zach says "I don't worry about any of that stuff" ... I'ma gonna go full @Ralebird :mad:

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  3. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

DJ Bien-Aime already gave Zach credit for winning this week and how the offense put up over 300 yards. ;)

4. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

He fumbled on the goal line and an OL recovered it. Had a defender been in the area it would have been yet another turnover for the league leader in turnovers. So he accidentally led the offense to 20 points… which we’d annihilate Zach for.

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  5. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Been liking Zach control the offense…he’s clearly seeing things better out there. Accuracy is getting better, reading and taking what the defense is giving him. Now we are seeing him use his legs and unlike the last time he had a long scramble and he pulled up short and left about 20 yards on the field, he’s getting what he can, which is telling me that he’s comfortable out there. Those long runs were a result of defenses not respecting these WR’s and that they can’t separate in man coverage. Moore/Corey are missed in these aspects.

NCJetsfan and mattyd99 like this.
  6. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Great point. It happened so early in a three plus hour game that I forgot it happened.

I already thought it was biased, or just self hating jet fans, that people were saying Lawrence had a better game than Zach. But the guy had 2 fumbles, the one he lost was terrible, and he had the mental error with the spike at the goal line... But nobody mentions it, but absolutely there's posts about Wilson's almost picks.

7. JackBower

I don't quite understand how if he has one bad game, it negates anything positive he's done. What if he throws for 350 yards and 3 TDs against the bucs, then throws 3 picks against the Bills?

Interesting goal posts.

ColoradoContrails and cval like this.
  8. apjbfc

apjbfc Well-Known Member

By the time he hits camp next year, he'll have an extra 6months of having the play book under his belt.

Should be a lot stronger and more in control starting next season.

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

NCJetsfan likes this.
  9. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

Lawrence had some nice moments but Wilson played better in this game and it’s not close.

Not going for the TD on the scramble at the end of the game

2 Fumbles, including 1 on the goal line.

Just tossing the ball up while being sacked in the red zone.

Aside from the actual film breakdown level of analysis, these are all major mistakes that change the nature of the game just off the top of my head.

10. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

The goal posts continue to move for the people that just flat out do not like Zach Wilson.

NCJetsfan, Mogriffjr, cval and 3 others like this.
  11. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

The tossing the ball up was on a 2 point conversion that was a make or break play. To sit here and act like Zach somehow played better just shows how biased you are. Do you not even take into consideration how Zach literally had a running game and was asked to do very little? Lawrence had to put the team on his back with a one dimensional team and almost pulled it off at the end. They both did what had they were asked to do and did a solid job as rookies.

Ralebird likes this.
  12. BroadwayAaron

When someone is hailed as a generational talent, the most can’t miss prospect since Andrew Luck, blah blah blah… you better do a whole lot more than fumble your way into 20 points and lose to a team missing 50% of their starters on both sides of the ball.

13. 94Abraham

You have those people for sure but you also have a quite a few Zach homers on here that are quick to put blame on anyone but him and will make excuse after excuse for the QB. These same people are in denial until the very end and made the same excuses for Sanchez and Darnold.

14. 94Abraham

So a few scouts hailed him so now he has to perform like an all time great but Zach gets a pass for shoddy play because he didn’t get talked up as highly? Yeah, that’s really fair to Lawrence.

You take away the kickoff return for TD and the fumble sack and the Jets have 16 points. Convenient you leave out all the Jag injuries too and act like they weren’t missing a ton of players too. Give it a rest Broadway. You refuse to give anyone credit and are a Lawrence hater at this point.

ouchy likes this.
  15. BroadwayAaron

I had to stop after the first 6 words. Sorry.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  16. 94Abraham

Of course you had to. You’re a Lawrence hater. It’s a shame that you can’t see two sides of a coin.

17. BroadwayAaron

I stopped because it’s unbelievably stupid to act like “a few scouts“ hailed Lawrence as a generational. No way in hell I was going to take anything seriously after you said that. And now calling me a Lawrence hater is borderline more stupid. if you walked away from yesterday impressed with Trevor Lawrence then I think the issue lies somewhere other than with me.

NCJetsfan and cval like this.
  18. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

He hasn't yet come close to a 350 yard 3 TD game, so I'd be very surprised if he does it against the Bucs of all teams. But if he did that and threw 3 picks against the Bills, I'd treat it the same as if he had 2 okay games instead.

19. JackBower

Lol ok. Hate away, I've passed that state in my jet fandom.

20. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I don’t disagree, but let’s not act like Lawrence is in a great situation. His #2 receiver is a guy who has been on like 8 teams, he is with an interim head coach after dealing with Urb and lost his top back during the game with a Swiss cheese offensive line and no identity.

Lawrence must show more and he’s been a massive disappointment, but his situation is just as bad, if not worse than Wilson’s. He’s definitely had more turbulence from an organizational instability standpoint.