Did Zach Wilson.....?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Dec 12, 2021.

?

Your grade for Zach as of Week 14

1. Met my expectations

16.5%
  2. Didn't meet my expactations

83.5%
  1. Jojo

Jojo Well-Known Member

Next year open competition for the qb spot.
    I dont care and I doubt any other jet fan cares who's playing qb, as long as we are winning, #2 pick or not.

It won't happen because, as usual, we are, yet again living for another draft and off-season so we can show we own that part of it.
    Theyll tidy up the ship and roll the jedi youth out there with new linemen and toys.
    So he can toss 10 yd screens in the dirt.
    I want to see wilson back like Josh Allen when he fixed his shit in the off-season.
    Wishful thinking.

2. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

You couldn't find enough threads about Wilson to post your thoughts in one of them? Or you just think that your opinion is so important you should start another? You should call yourself "trailblazer," not just jojo.

KingRoach and ukjetsfan like this.
  3. zace

zace Well-Known Member

This board is stupid sometimes. Qbs miss throws every game. No qb is that accurate. Get over it.

Hes a rookie whos played like what? 9 games? On one of the worst teams, who didnt have his top 5 talent skills positions. Did you think Smith was going to light up the D? How is he going to be consistent at this point when his supporting cast isnt?

How many different starting offensive lineups has he had?

Like just stop. Hes a fucking rookie on a bad team with no depth.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  4. zace

zace Well-Known Member

5. AtlantaJet

AtlantaJet Well-Known Member

I think Zach could benefit from mindfulness meditation. It really looks like he doesn't fully focus on where he is putting the ball. Maybe it is ADHD but something looks to be off mentally/emotionally. He is better when he is improvising/scrambling because he is likely not thinking as much.

6. Jojo

Jojo Well-Known Member

I just posted an opinion that's all.
    I think perhaps you think that only your opinions and posts matter that someone else can't just start a discussion to get perspectives. Im new here, and figuring shit out. When I need a dickhead, ill come find you, thanks.

7. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Yes every QB misses easy throws some times. How many have missed as badly and as often as ZW has? None of the other rookies who the Jets have had recently for sure. Yes he was missing his best skill players, which offers some mitigation but no skill player was catching some of those passes yesterday.

And the OL has been pretty consistent. Fant replaced Becton early on and Moses replaced Fant as a result. LDT replaced GVR a few weeks ago. Other than that there's been a couple of in game injuries. The OL is not the disaster zone it was by any means and not really an excuse. It's okay, not great but good enough not to be a huge liability even when GVR was playing.

Jets79 and IDFjet like this.
  8. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Quite possible. We have to hope it something as straight forward as this and the solution as obvious.

9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Handbags have been a good accessory in completing women's outfit. There are a wide variety of handbags that come in different styles, designs, materials, colors and sizes. These accessories have great significance because of their versatility features. Both men and women carry bags, however, it is just well-known that women use them more than men. Furthermore, handbags are also use to create a fashion statement. Different designs and styles are born each year. Celebrities and popular TV icons are often the first to try trendy handbags to complete their looks. Different variety of handbags were basically designed for different purposes. And to make it widely available to everyone, such fashion accessories are now available in different variety of designs, styles and colors to incorporate with different wardrobes. What is the Nidra? This is the reason why almost all women have 3-5 different types of handbags in their closet

10. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Yes!!
    And Salah too!!!

let’s get a new QB and new CS every year until we make it to the big game!!!

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  11. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Couldn’t disagree more with this position

the excuses are never ending

yes…we were missing a lot of guys…no question

that doesn’t excuse his throws into the dirt five yards from the receiver. Half the drops by Johnson were because the ball was behind him in the opposite direction he was running. He missed a WIDE OPEN TE in the flat

the OL was a horrendous disaster early, but has settled down…yes there were some pressures yesterday but it wasn’t as terrible as it used to be…most QBs would have made those throws

face it …he sucks

it’s only nine games, yes, OK. But I’m not looking for perfection. I’m looking for a QB who can make a ten yard throw to a wide open receiver. And to date, he has shown us that he can’t really do it. There is precious little improvement to build on.

seriously….Darnold and Sanchez both looked better in their first year than Wilson has…Sanchez is not a fair comparison because he had a great OL and running game and good receivers and just a lot of talent around him to support him. Wilson has had none of that. But Darnold showed up way better in his first year than what we’ve seen from Wilson. I’d have to go pull actual stats to be sure, but I don’t remember seeing so many balls in the dirt with Darnold…

We can make all the excuses we want for him….doesn’t change the fact that he’s been way worse than expected on throws that we should reasonably expect him to make.

I hope he can show something in these last four games. I really do…

12. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It seems like every NFL team is missing 4-5 starters and losing 3-4 guys for extended periods of time. The roster is bad so it exacerbates the issue when you miss a couple guys.

Yesterday wasn’t really a talent issue thing though for Wilson. His accuracy was just atrocious when he was pressured and when he wasn’t pressured. That’s what happens when you make a 2x jump in game speed from playing against Texas State to the New Orleans Saints with the lowest pressure rate against in CFB last year.

Everyone said that wasn’t a big deal though, because PFF.

#32 Jonathan_Vilma, Dec 13, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2021
  13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I realized as I was looking at the poll that Zach Wilson *has* met my expectations so far. However my expectations were that he wouldn't be very good and so I think the poll is likely to produce other than the desired results.

Centiment likes this.
  14. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

You might want to check Sanchez's rookie stats. They are as bad, if not worse than Wilson's. He threw 20 interceptions for FFS and as you pointed out, he was on a much more talented team.

I will agree about Darnold. He definitely looked better his rookie year.

Borat and ouchy like this.
  15. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

I think over thinking and afraid of making mistakes. Short arming the throws. In garbage time, he was much more confident. The receivers were wide open. No pressure. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

That's a fair point but how do you explain Lawrence? He played good teams in college and he's a fucking train wreck in the NFL. Could you imagine if we actually picked #1 and took him? People would be swinging from the rafters at this point.

17. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Not sure which Wilson overreaction thread to put this in so I’ll put it in both:

He didn’t look the part yesterday whatsoever. The good news is accuracy usually improves. The bad news is it was REALLY bad yesterday. And what’s annoying is he was making the right reads. He had a chance to make a statement missing all of his top targets and the staff put him in position to do so… but he blew it. Yes the team around him sucked just as bad but if he completes even half of the throws he missed wildly on, we’re having a whole different discussion today. But that’s how it goes for the Jets.

Talking about moving on is still dumb though.

18. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Wilson overreaction?

Really?

19. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Not sure how to explain Lawrence. He’s god awful. Not to say that I only believe QB’s from the SEC or Big 10 can succeed, but the ACC was largely a bunch of rollovers themselves for his tenure at Clemson. He played well in the CFP though I think the talent gap between Clemson and most of the teams they played is showing through a bit.

It’s not a great excuse but the locker room turmoil is also a bad distraction for a guy who is clearly also in over his head in this league.

20. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

His accuracy issues are in between the ears.

One play he's bounce passing a swing pass to Berrios and then later in the game he's throwing a beautiful dart to Berrios up the seam on 4th & 7. It's obvious he wasn't ready for the speed of the NFL and that, coupled with the mistakes he made early in the season lead to too much thinking and mechanical breakdowns. He's just going to have to go to work in the offseason and fix it.

I will say, his overall decision making has gotten much better compared to earlier in the season.