Did we land TE Joseph Fauria?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DaBallhawk, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

It's 4 now - Nick O'Leary was released this morning.

Also, it's a Greg Roman thing, not a Rex thing. He routinely carried 4 TEs in San Francisco as his style of offense often runs with 3 at a time.

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

nothing about the offense will be a rex thing, trust us on this one

Ptflea2, The 1985er and 4jetfans like this.
  3. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Just saw on rotoworld it was the Giants bringing him in

4. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

Link? I don't see any Fauria mention on their website.

EDIT: It's on there now. Shoot. Do we really have that much confidence in Chumperland and Kellen Davis?

5. Will

Will Well-Known Member

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8671/joseph-fauria

Visited the Gmen today - nothing to say we wont get a visit tomorrow as he is unsigned at this point - but if Macc really wanted him I think we would have had first bite.....

Poor old Kenrick - cut to make room for Nix who then fails is physical!!!!

#45 Will, Sep 8, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
  6. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

interesting we are not showing interest, gailey must not be too concerned about the t.e. situation.probably not planning on using them much

7. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

the guy that twerks when he scores TD's lol

8. JerzeJets

JerzeJets Active Member

I don't care if he takes up arms with ISIS at that point

JetLifeLo and FJF like this.
  9. Will

Will Well-Known Member

Per Cimini "The Jets brought in seven players for tryouts on Tuesday, including former Giants S Stevie Brown. This came two days after they acquired S Ronald Martin on waivers. Evidently, they're still looking at their depth. Other tryouts: DE Mike Catapano, TE Nick Kasa, TE Brian Leonhardt, G Michael Liedtke, DB Ryan Murphy and G Vinston Painter."

Nick Kasa was waived in May - A former defensive end, Kasa was converted to tight end late in his college career. He has (had) 4.71 wheels to go along with his 6-foot-6, 265-pound frame, but caught only one pass in 16 games as a rookie. He'll have to prove he's healthy before getting a second chance elsewhere.

Brian Leonhardt - A 2013 Raiders UDFA 6-5, 255 pounds, he had his best season as a junior when he led the team in receptions (35) and receiving yards (483). He was also a supreme blocker in both the run and the pass helping to guide the second best rushing attack (No. 13 nationally) and held to edge to make the Beavers 6th in the nation in sacks allowed (.91 sacks allowed per game). That season earned him a All-America honors.

Michael Liedtke - A Dolphins UDFA in 2014 who went to a small school and started for 3 years as an OT - at best looking at a PS role

Ryan Murphy - Seahawks 7th round pick this year who got cut as they trimmed to 53 - Murphy pundits said fits head coach Pete Carroll's idea of a good defensive back. He is a rangy 6'3", 214-pound pass defender who can match up physically with most opposing receivers. He also has the kind of ball skills to make a difference, even if he only plays on a situational basis.

Vinston Painter - He was signed by the Brown's off the Broncos' practice squad. The No. 173 pick of the 2013 draft, Painter has yet to make a regular-season appearance. He's just a depth signing, one the Browns could be hoping to eventually store on their own practice squad.

Stevie Brown - His reunion with the Giants lasted one week. Cut by two different safety-needy teams right before the start of the season, Brown's NFL future does not look bright. S Craig Dahl was signed in a corresponding move.

ajax and NCJetsfan like this.
  10. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Maybe we see this guy tomorrow then assuming he has a place to stay overnight.

11. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Macagnan where you at???

12. PickSix

PickSix Well-Known Member

I can't find any video, but I swear I once saw his uncle try to "walk like an Egyptian" after a TD score. I'll take twerking.

JetLifeLo likes this.
  13. How does this guy block? I know he's 270 lbs..but hey he could have slow feet.

That's what Gailey/Bowles want. They want a more old school Anthony Becht/Kyle Brady type. Tight end is not a big part of this offense's passing attack.Maybe moreso in the red zone..but nothing substantial.

Jets already have a plethora of big athletes within their skill group including Cumberland..The priority is for a starting caliber BLOCKING Te.

14. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

His uncle was the blocker, this guy seemed to be used strictly as a redzone target in 2013 when he had 18 receptions and 7 TDS. He wasn't used much at all last year.

15. JetsfanHBca

JetsfanHBca Active Member

Fauria isn't known for his blocking. He wasn't asked to block in college. More of a WR lining up in the slot & on the outside. Hasn't had much success blocking in the pros and got all pissed at the beat writers for criticizing his blocking. Kinda had the wrong attitude about it and although I think he could help our team in the redzone he is not a complete 3 down TE.

I'd rather us look at Leonhardt, Bostick, Zach S. Miller, Donte Rosaio or Maybe see if we can get Ben Hartsock off the couch

#55 JetsfanHBca, Sep 8, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
  16. Thanks for the info guys.

I'm thinkin now we should still bring him in. The TE position is dire..ANYBODY that can help on the fly is a welcome addition.6'7 270 w/ what we already have going out on patterns? Hell yeah

Beggars can't be choosers at this point. Kellen Davis is a good blocker & they do become available on the waiver wire quite often as teams try to upgrade their passing attacks w/ more athletic options.

I hated his brother. He was a decent blocker who only made receptions in the red zone. VERY annoying TD dance.

17. jetlife21

jetlife21 Well-Known Member

Well looks like the Giants picked up Fauria.. I'd rather sign the recently cut rookie pass catching TE Nick O'Leary who had a great career at FSU.

18. JetLifeLo

19. JetLifeLo

20. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

The song is Empire State of Mind and whenever they reference NYC, they call it New York, not New York State. Plus Jets and Giants are technically NJ so...