Did we just pick up one more win/year? McGahee to the Ravens

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetFighter, Mar 8, 2007.

1. Bill

Bill New Member

Have you considered that I am not refuting the fact that our defense is terrible at stopping the run and needs serious work, however I am stating that it is a certain truth that certain players pick it up and have bigger games in certain places? Being glad that one of these specialty players is gone from a team you are required to play twice a year is not some petty rationalization to make it okay for the Jets to play sloppy run defense, but is instead an honest fan's relief. No team can win every game, every year, not in the modern NFL. Individuals qualify to make the difference between success and failure, and if a specific player always has a good day on you, then why not be wary of that which is going to make life harder?

If you had cancer one day, and I told you the next the cancer isn't coming back, wouldn't you feel relief? You probably still have lousy health that needs overall improvement, to prevent other problems, and I'm not taking away from that, but be a fan. Be glad McGahee is gone.

2. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Glad to see McGahee out of the AFC East. Sure, we play Baltimore, but we don't have to see McGahee twice a season. I hated when we played the Bills, because you kind of had to worry about Willis.

3. Bill

Bill New Member

Amen to that.

4. sect105

sect105 New Member

Usually we split with the Bills Every year, without Wills we probably do the same.

5. JetsLookingforDWare

I think people are underrating McGahee here. Sure, he's sucked against everyone but us, but there seems to be quite a few reasons.

He never was happy there. The O-line sucked for the vast majority of his time there.

I think he can be a monster with the Ravens. Since we play them next year...I'm worried there.

6. Blitz4Life

Blitz4Life Active Member

i think it doesn't matter for baltimore cus even though lewis and mcgahee are diferent. they are both equals as far as im concerned.

7. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Fans always rationalize that is how they wash away the losses with shoulda, woulda & coulda. However, since U mention the D was terrible then maybe you are more realistic then most on this forum.

8. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Yes cause our D could not stop him while others could. That is the point!

9. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I think we are destined to split w/ Buf no matter what happens. Travis henry used to kill us too and we'd split w/ Buf. it' doesn't matter who they have back there.

10. nico002

nico002 New Member

How is this borderline? Seriously, I fail to comprehend.