Did Pace really say this???

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by John127, Oct 13, 2009.

1. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

I didn't understand that decision with the Ronnie Brown "pass" at all. It was obvious to me that Ronnie Brown's knee was down before he got that pass off. Not only that, but even after the play the Dolphins called a timeout themselves before the next play the Jets didn't throw out the red flag. I couldn't believe when the Jets had extra minute to look at the tape that they didn't challenge that call. I was sure that they would take advantage of Miami's timeout. Who knows what might have happened.

#281 johnny, Oct 15, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2009
  2. ebozzz

ebozzz Banned

bigmehl,

I respectfully disagree. Revis was playing catchup from the start of the route. Maybe he felt that the safety was going to provide him with help or he just blew the coverage. I don't know but as soon as I saw the start of that play I knew that it had the potential for a score because Ginn would be behind them......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. bigmehl

bigmehl New Member

Again , I'm just going by the same video your looking at . Ginn gets off the line quickly but as he moves out torward the center of the field Revis is right there with him. He clearly seperates at about the 20 as Revis turns his head .

Bottom line it just doesn't matter and I'll cease stating my point. It ended up being a TD and that's the bottom line.

4. Mossachusetts

Mossachusetts Banned

Very good point.

5. KyleJetfan

KyleJetfan Active Member

crushed so many defenses???????arent they 2 - 3?

6. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

That's FinMath.........:rofl:

:finssuck:

7. KyleJetfan

KyleJetfan Active Member

Not sure Rickey will be getting a lot of carries. They use him as a distraction, and hes a KNOWN FUMBLER, not so much now but he will. They outplayed the Jets and thats all there is to it. I have a feeling we will be ready for it better next game. Enjoy the win, they earned it.

8. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

Its pretty obvious that Revis got smoked on that one. It is equally obvious that Revis' effort is not exactly exemplary on that play either. His cleats appear to be pretty heavy. That wasn't the Revis that we have been watching for the last 4 games.......

9. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Ricky is the second best back in our division. He will get carries and touches. The guy is the second best player on that team and the Dolphins coaches know it.

10. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

In fairness to Revis who was beat like a drum on that play when a CB is constantly taking on running backs the size and strength of Williams and Brown they get beat up during the game and sucked up. To have a sprinter like Ginn take off on you after being pulled up and hammered you're going to get beat.

Revis was asked to do way to much in that game. I would be surprised if he doesn't spend the entire week in the whirlpool this week.

#290 winstonbiggs, Oct 16, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2009
  11. bigmehl

bigmehl New Member

FYI - taken from the CS notes 10/15 :

Pettine quote On the Ginn TD
    pretty much put it on Rhodes without saying his name
    Revis stayed with him until he broke inside and was passing him off to safety support when Ginn broke loose

I guess someone else out there agrees with me

12. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

I agree. It looks like Revis is expecting help and so is not running all out, or maybe he knew he was torched and his only hope was that the pass wasn't on target or that Ginn would drop it.

13. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

whether revis blew it or not i blame rhodes for what he said on twitter.

14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I don't place direct blame on either of them because of something Rex and Pettine said yesterday and also what Rex said today.

They were running a quarter zone on that play and Ginn split two zones when he made his second cut upfield. Revis was about to hand Ginn off to Rhodes right at the point that second cut was made.

The blame is spread out over Revis, Rhodes and the CB coach for not ironing out communication of responsibility for that play. But Ginn made a nice play and deserves credit for faking out 2 excellent defenders.

However, it was a punk move by Rhodes to go public saying it wasn't on him, because part of it was.

#294 abyzmul, Oct 16, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2009
  15. John127

John127 New Member

Who's Pace gonna call a clown this week? Maybe that jerkoff that commited a penalty in OT....oh, wait...