Did Joe Douglas do a great turnaround with Jets roster?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BrowningNagle, Jul 31, 2023.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Parcells is no Joe Douglas of course, the greatest GM to walk this earth, but I think Parcells did a pretty good job shopping for a couple HOFers in Curtis Martin & Kevin Mawae

2. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Mike Tannenbaum was a better GM that Parcells. He drafted a Hall of Fame player and built a team that went to two AFC Championship games. Parcells never drafted a HOF player, only went to one AFC championship game and abruptly quit like a giant dick.

That said, Douglas isn't even in the conversation with either of them. Much if his legacy depends on what happens the next few years. And I do have to give him a lot of credit for last year's draft. That was spectacular.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  3. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

The two you cite were Tannenbaum-assisted rule-bending contractual-thievery. Haha, try to out-hyphen me!

BrowningNagle and bicketybam like this.
  4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I can't out-hyphen you but usually General Managers get credit for players they identify and bring in and not the cap guy that simply writes up the contracts

abyzmul likes this.
  5. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

The cap guy that wrote up the contracts was a better GM than the guy who brought those guys in though.