Developmental QB?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by ukjetsfan, Apr 22, 2024.

1. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Much more like millions, but I'm playing the percentages.

2. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

With 6 Q/B's going in the first round, will this result in other Q/B's getting drafted higher than expected and thus limit our choices for a developmenatl Q/B in the later rounds?

Either that or we will have to use a higher pick than we thought or want to use.

3. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Good question. I want to say no because, while the volume of QB seems surprising, there really weren’t any huge surprises. Maybe Penix that high to the Saints. On the other hand, I could definitely see urgency sinking in for some of these meathead NFL draft rooms. Like, 10-12 morning meetings around the league where someone said, “Oh shit, who we got left at QB? And are these donuts for anyone?” Wouldn’t be such a huge shock to see a guy like Spencer Rattler as high as the second round.

4. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Can't remember who, on the good ole' Gang Green, brought Pratt to my attention but, once they did, I started digging and paying attention. I like it. I like him. If we can pick this kid up in 4 (hopefully 5th round) I'd consider that a pretty good pick. Agree 100% with you, Pratt should be drafted by the NY Jets and I think, if we missed out on him, that would be a small tragedy. I'm not even going to insert my dark sider tendencies to point out this team has never actually developed a QB so why even bother... Oh wait, damn, there I go again! o_O

Douglas can go a long way to redeeming himself (and saving his job) by actually bringing in solid guys like this. JMHO

boozer32 likes this.
  5. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Interesting...wonder if he falls out of the draft and could be had as an UDFA. One thing I noticed, as a form DB myself, he telegraphs certain throws. Picked up it on immediately...he drags he right foot, thinking he's doing a fake but then steps out and fires. Looked good! I do worry about the level of competition he's played against, though.

To be honest, the top check off points for me, for a QB, must be number of starts and the level of competition. Kind of done with these small school, crap conference, no playing time kids. Especially the playing time. No more QB's with all of one year of starts.

6. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Come on man? Is that the best you can do?

7. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

How bout the Jets coaching staff get him right?

8. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

There’s no greater gift to the football world than for the Patriots to spend the #3 pick in the draft on a QB, and then have them draft Infinity Project Joe Milton later. Put the best “tools” QB with the most eye-popping arm on planet next to a talented guy who will inevitably experience some growing pains. Perfect. Brace for the intrigue.

Honestly, for all the letdown in this draft, this ALMOST makes up for it.

NCJetsfan and abyzmul like this.
  9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Elliot Wolf is making some interesting decisions in his new job.

10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I never cease to be amazed by the stupidity of the some of moves and decisions by GMs and HCs in the NFL. Have these guys lived under a rock or in a vaccuum? Do they not pay attention to the dumb mistakes that other GMs/HCs and teams have made? Are they really that arrogant that they think that they're smarter and that things will turn out better/differently?

#30 NCJetsfan, Apr 29, 2024
    Last edited: May 11, 2024
    mezzavo likes this.
  11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Joe Milton and Zach Wilson are the same age and started college the same year. WTF.

Can't wait till the covid-year cycle is over and things get back to normal for scouting and development

---

I also saw this "Jayden Daniels has been in college so long that he threw a touchdown pass to Brandon Aiyuk over Demmondore Lenoir to beat Justin Herbert’s Oregon Ducks"