Devante Adams

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BrowningNagle, Oct 1, 2024 at 4:52 PM.

1. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

My two cents. Adam makes this team better, not just a little better but much better. Not to mention really help Wison develop his route running skills. Adam will be the best route runner of the group. Gibson will not see the field, and Williams will soon be there for three WR formations. If you are truly all in that is a no brainer but it is not nearly enough. We need to fix the root cause.
    Our limiting factor has been and will continue to be Hackett, closely followed by Saleh for his inability and knowledge to overrule the many lame personnel selections to execute similar plays. This front office has to have the balls to at least demote Hackett current play calling role and put someone in charge at game time that is smart enough to adjust the offensive game plan as the defense adjusts theirs. Let Hackett continue to develop the play book that suits AR and the WR corps but do dont let him run practices or call the plays on Sunday. We need discipline and accountability. Are we unable to see that we gave the game away, that we self-destructed due to piss poor execution, lack of discipline and stupid game plan calls? Talent my ass. We can't blame it on talent when we dont play the best talent on critical downs. This is far more about accountability, proper personnel formations and disciplined training than is a talent issue. That is the root cause we need to fix first, or the talent we have will continue to under achieve.

2. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

In this forum it makes zero difference, he will get bitch slapped if he gets him or if he doesn't. Nothing ever changes.

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Yeah that's what happens when you have a bunch of people with differing opinions. Some people are able to deal with the reality of that.

LAJet likes this.
  4. AtlantaJet

AtlantaJet Well-Known Member

Jets run simplistic schemes on both offense and defense that rely on having superior talent to the opposition. Devante Adams helps tip the talent advantage against any given opponent. If coaching was more creative we probably wouldn't need Adams.

5. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Yes indeed. There is no pure reality in football forums, just a myriad of perceptions and opinions.

6. Not Sure

Not Sure Active Member

Depending on what just happened.

LAJet likes this.
  7. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

I disagree. You don't get a guy like Adams to be a #2 receiver. He will be #1 for the simple reason that he and AR have worked together for so long. That leaves Wilson out in the cold. I doubt he will accept a demotion to #2. He will be asking to be traded. I reluctantly agree with Caporoso. If you bring a guy like a 40 y.o. AR on a short window for all the marbles, then why not go all the way. That means possibly having to depart with younger talent.

8. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

No. Wilson would play slot. He played some slot In college too.